poundforpound

Help me please

44 posts in this topic

Not sure where you got your info about the "expert driver" from p4p but from the dealings I have had with him I can honestly say he is a genuine nice guy and does have more than a few clues about the racing game. 

5 hours ago, Rusty said:

Not sure where you got your info about the "expert driver" from p4p but from the dealings I have had with him I can honestly say he is a genuine nice guy and does have more than a few clues about the racing game. 

I doubt we’re talking about the same guy.

My impeccable sources say a chap of this name is the RIUs expert witness in the race fixing case....clearly you couldn’t be an expert if you’ve only driven eight winners, particularly with such an appalling strike rate ( a strike rate that suggests he was of less than average ability ).

There must be two Nigel Mcintyres.

18 minutes ago, Stables said:

Many of the harness racing stipes were previous licence holders and drove in races with very average results. They couldn't make a living as trainers/drivers so hence they are now stipendiary stewards. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing

Using that logic then  former successful drivers/trainers would be the best punters. Once again wrong.   

41 minutes ago, what a post said:

What a stupid post.  

IHow many races has the Whale driven. None. .Is he not one of N>Z."s leading race analysts?. 

Not on how to rate at horse , what should happen at a certain point in a race and driving skills plus drivers intention .

The whale is a form guy not a driver quality enforcer !!

I rubbish example .

Michael G correctly predicted the speed map and running order for the first 2, after settling down into position, yesterday in the last at Timaru. 

The Tin Soldier (the leader) ended up winning the race and I was more than happy with Ladbrokes offering 12's and 3.30 for it, thank you very much. 

Although I never totally rely on The Whale or Mick (my other bet broke in the same race, losing all chance) I certainly take into account what they say. 

If one doesn't like what they say, or think they are wrong more often than not, hit the mute button. But for mine, information is power. And it is what you do with that information, that is key. 

5 hours ago, what a post said:

What a stupid post.  

IHow many races has the Whale driven. None. .Is he not one of N>Z."s leading race analysts?. 

This is about being an expert witness.....you can’t be an expert if you’re not one, and the data provided suggests the driver in question was more suited to other activities rather than professional driving.

Facts are facts, and the facts say he’s anything but an expert 

29 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

This is about being an expert witness.....you can’t be an expert if you’re not one, and the data provided suggests the driver in question was more suited to other activities rather than professional driving.

The definition of expert includes those with ability in that field or those with extensive knowledge. Clearly the person you talk about has extensive knowledge.  

3 hours ago, Rusty said:

Michael G correctly predicted the speed map and running order for the first 2, after settling down into position, yesterday in the last at Timaru. 

The Tin Soldier (the leader) ended up winning the race and I was more than happy with Ladbrokes offering 12's and 3.30 for it, thank you very much. 

Although I never totally rely on The Whale or Mick (my other bet broke in the same race, losing all chance) I certainly take into account what they say. 

If one doesn't like what they say, or think they are wrong more often than not, hit the mute button. But for mine, information is power. And it is what you do with that information, that is key. 

Great post. 

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

Surely based on your points the defendants lawyers will argue that NM is not an expert witness and leave it to the judge and/or jury to decide on the matter of his status.

1 hour ago, eljay said:

The prosecutors, i.e. the cops. are not expert trainers/drivers either    Can't see the point about expert or not expert.    Surely it's to do with the law and interpreting the law and such?    

Likewise some of the drivers performances at times don't  look to resemble expert either.:rcfe-happy-1:

I'd be interested to know how many of the regular "expert" posters on this Harness Forum, especially the Purdon and Dunn apologists, have been called by defence counsel to offer evidence in this Inca probe. I'm guessing zilch so pack up your tent and let the process play out.

On 1/17/2019 at 11:52 AM, poundforpound said:

Who are we to comment on whether he's an expert or not.  Plenty of people gain expertise throughout a new career - no relevance whatsoever to what they did before ..... leave it up to the defense to argue otherwise.

6 minutes ago, Taku Umanga said:

Who are we to comment on whether he's an expert or not.  Plenty of people gain expertise throughout a new career - no relevance whatsoever to what they did before ..... leave it up to the defense to argue otherwise.

Stupid argument, rather akin to saying that if you eat three meals a day so you’re competent to be a judge on Masterchef.

An expert is an expert, you must be an expert in your field otherwise you have no credibility.

You can pretend as much as you like throughout your life, in the morning tea room, at the pub etc .....but once you’re under oath and being cross examined pretenders get eviscerated and exposed.

57 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Stupid argument, rather akin to saying that if you eat three meals a day so you’re competent to be a judge on Masterchef.

An expert is an expert, you must be an expert in your field otherwise you have no credibility.

You can pretend as much as you like throughout your life, in the morning tea room, at the pub etc .....but once you’re under oath and being cross examined pretenders get eviscerated and exposed.

Rubbish - all you need to do to have credibility is tell the truth ....