RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
We're Doomed

Hokitika

Not the sharpest bunch in the world though - runners in race 1 were loaded in reverse barrier order - I assume because the barriers are numbered for running anti clockwise and they forgot to reverse them for clockwise racing.

and nobody picked up on it before the race started.

2 minutes ago, Kloppite said:

Not the sharpest bunch in the world though - runners in race 1 were loaded in reverse barrier order - I assume because the barriers are numbered for running anti clockwise and they forgot to reverse them for clockwise racing.

and nobody picked up on it before the race started.

Doesn't say much for the IQ level of the jockeys then , does it !! (still shaking head).

Second race this circuit called off due to jockey coming off. 

Not sure why they waited until they were well into the straight before making that call ( especially when mine is just making a run..:rolleyes:) but presumably the jockey positioned after the line could not be moved in time.....losses all round.

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Second race this circuit called off due to jockey coming off. 

Not sure why they waited until they were well into the straight before making that call ( especially when mine is just making a run..:rolleyes:) but presumably the jockey positioned after the line could not be moved in time.....losses all round.

........and still shaking head !!!!!

19 minutes ago, Blue said:

........and still shaking head !!!!!

The loading a baffling one , stipes rep will be interesting . Jockey on ground maybe not so clear cut as Saturday at time of fall ,   Saturday was a dead set no brainer as that was a horrific crunch and jockey was totally motionless .  

24 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

That was incredible that not a single jockey, trainer, stipe, commentator, starter noticed they loaded in the wrong order. Probably lucky the horse that drew 1 but went from the outside actually won the race. Interesting they let the result stand.

Surely one thought , hey iam in wrong gate here I've got the rails or one off now I've got the outside rail and got to cut in. Makes you wonder if they just sleepwalk onto horse at times . Blimey just had horrible thought these jocks dont drive cars do they because that Arthurs Pass road bit hairy at times.Must have had a plan that went bent when they were loaded. Bloody weird alright and hope no one punting on it overseas realised . Can they get that thick  ink the CIA  put on reports when they release docs so no one overseas can see it . 

Oh well we all make mistakes , 15 odd people at start all had brain fade same time.

14 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Next race is one and two thirds laps, with one jockey and nine apprentices aboard .

Hoki is quite safe ( normally ) but when you’ve got nine kids who usually can’t judge pace, let alone help a horse around a hard right corner, it often ends in tears ...... I’ll be watching this fine advertisement for NZ Racing :) 

Even for those who love the Coast racing, the piloting has been frightening at times... and yes, you're right about the judgement/lack of wrt pace, even the 3 seniors present yesterday weren't entirely exemplary in their efforts.

Old hands like R.J ( Mouse) McCann were shaking their heads.

The other contributing factor to the appalling displays ( IMO) is the fact that good weather produced great track surfaces all circuit, and the speed was on.

The often soft ground does make for slower/safer racing.

At least its competitive racing unlike a lot of what we see around the country. Its the last day of the circuit and everyones trying to prune the snatch on offer. Some have travelled a loooong way and need to pay expenses for their ten days on the coast. Id say a few jocks were ordered to lead at all costs.

3 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

My opening page has a cricket batsman getting castled.

I thought it was me for a while but then remembered i mainly got caught or LBW !

Some of the pages are dated with a future date .WTF is going on ?

Just don't get caught behind.

5 hours ago, Shad said:

Why does this pop every time you go to the tab page.

It’s just the shortcut  in your browser that’s doing it. Renew that shortcut by deleting it and renew it from the new website .Problem will be solved.

2 hours ago, Whyisit said:

It’s just the shortcut  in your browser that’s doing it. Renew that shortcut by deleting it and renew it from the new website .Problem will be solved.

Cheers for that.

20 hours ago, Whyisit said:

Is there a shortcut to pruning snatch?