RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
THE TORCH

NZ Racing "news" in brief

Why the hell has the NZTR decided to focus solely on the fall in R2 at Kumara as part of its "coverage" for the meeting? Wouldnt it make more sense to focus on the great Nuggets race and its participants (and victor!). At a time where every Tom, Dick, and Harry is pleading we push the positives of the industry, a vital player instead has to centre its attention on the nasty fall that occurred. I know there needs to be communication about Bholahs condition and we all want him to fully recover at a speedy rate, but how many knives can this West Coast meeting take year after year?? If any event cops flack for a range of reasons its the Kumara Nuggets. It seems a case of a massive crowd, terrific surface, and sensational racing no longer cutting the mustard when it comes to marketing our game. It defies logic.

23 hours ago, THE TORCH said:

Why the hell has the NZTR decided to focus solely on the fall in R2 at Kumara as part of its "coverage" for the meeting? Wouldnt it make more sense to focus on the great Nuggets race and its participants (and victor!). At a time where every Tom, Dick, and Harry is pleading we push the positives of the industry, a vital player instead has to centre its attention on the nasty fall that occurred. I know there needs to be communication about Bholahs condition and we all want him to fully recover at a speedy rate, but how many knives can this West Coast meeting take year after year?? If any event cops flack for a range of reasons its the Kumara Nuggets. It seems a case of a massive crowd, terrific surface, and sensational racing no longer cutting the mustard when it comes to marketing our game. It defies logic.

Was a cracker day Torch , brilliant racing . I've read few saying oh it's gone in 50 years . Yep I will be too, so will a lot of things , make most of things while they last

I think bar the two falls that to my understanding were not due to poor ground conditions the racing has been good , the Coast clubs have done a top job . Good to see Frank Stammers get a win , just cheesed off I discounted it and didn't trust it's run at Omoto. Ran well again today as well.

Hoping Zubair Bholahs  recovery is heading in right direction . 

2 minutes ago, THE TORCH said:

I was about to write “good on Frankie”. That would have been a story worthy if their News in Brief. The guy has been going to the Coast for years and rarely leaves without a winner. Top bloke!

Kalgorlie Bomber a champ , won a bit of that battler once .