RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JackSprat

The Fixer Fixed Up

On 1/21/2019 at 11:07 AM, JackSprat said:

Hale The Fixer!

Brilliant training effort.

Brilliant drive.

Brilliant performance.

And yet the stench of the previous weeks effort when the punters were treated with complete disdain lingers ... obviously not for those that saw the "Cambridge workout fiasco" as being acceptable, but the Ballarat Cup did nothing to appease the under 50's that did their money cold a week earlier. In fact they had their "noses rubbed in it" and no doubt a few more disgruntled punters left, never to return.

Way to keep the game alive guys .... not!

Jack PM me your TAB account and ill refund your losing bet on TF as your previous loss obviously irks you immensely. Then we can all carry on playing nice happy posters unlike elsewhere

You can either have a microview of the problem (the $10), or a big picture view of the problem (quiet runs).

If you really want to bring some credibility back to the game you''ll need to refund all bets to all punters who've been a victim of investing on runners who were just "out for the run".

On the other hand, if it's just $10 you want to get rid of Alzheimer’s NZ www.alzheimers.org.nz in the name of RaceCafe will suffice!

Maybe someone could enlighten us as to exactly how much was LOST COLD on the F%$#ing horse.

I betcha the Mr Magness the punter didn't loose any

Funny that.

NO WE WO NT FORGET !!  ..........and every QUIET RUN will be HIGHLIGHTED IN FUTURE.

WE WONT NEED TO WATCH AUSSIE ACTION AS THEY ARE WAYYYYYYYYYYYY TOOOOOOOOOOOO smart. 

26 minutes ago, ivanthegreat said:

Maybe someone could enlighten us as to exactly how much was LOST COLD on the F%$#ing horse.

I betcha the Mr Magness the punter didn't loose any

Funny that.

NO WE WO NT FORGET !!  ..........and every QUIET RUN will be HIGHLIGHTED IN FUTURE.

WE WONT NEED TO WATCH AUSSIE ACTION AS THEY ARE WAYYYYYYYYYYYY TOOOOOOOOOOOO smart. 

Five 8ths of all I'd say Ivan. It was there for everyone to see or hear that it  was likely to.need the run. Purdon said so but obviously some don't listen or cant read.

From the draw it was always going.to.be a struggle as well and stipes saw nothing untoward. Only Jack and 

Oh come on Jack geezuz :rolleyes: thought we'd put that one to bed already......Thefixer was enormous, did you guys see the race, he turbo'd past them when he really had no right to, I nearly fell of the couch when he got there (no, not cos I was on he downside of a few coldies) but he was goin away with a wet sail and look where he came from, bloody brilliant :rcfe-happy-2: then Spankem well that was all over rover from a good way out, AMasterpiece wowee bloody great night at the office for the AllStars, the only blip on the Team Kiwi Harness Racing front was big Bazza's SupremeDom but he ran on for 5th so not to big o blip, good go for a first up run over there.......

Cheers Iraklis

1 hour ago, Fartoomuch said:

Five 8ths of all I'd say Ivan. It was there for everyone to see or hear that it  was likely to.need the run. Purdon said so but obviously some don't listen or cant read.

From the draw it was always going.to.be a struggle as well and stipes saw nothing untoward. Only Jack and 

So just to be clear ...

Quiet runs are OK ..... as long as you post advance warning on your website?

What next?

Team driving is OK ...... as long as it's announced on TV pre-race?

Steroids are OK ....... as long as it's posted on the notice board in the drivers room?

EPO is OK ....... as long as it's supplied by an HRNZ affiliated provider

You've already declared that you don't have a problem with breaking the rules and acts detrimental to harness racing. Exactly how far does your condoning of such behaviour extend?

6 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

Oh come on Jack geezuz :rolleyes: thought we'd put that one to bed already......Thefixer was enormous, did you guys see the race, he turbo'd past them when he really had no right to, I nearly fell of the couch when he got there (no, not cos I was on he downside of a few coldies) but he was goin away with a wet sail and look where he came from, bloody brilliant :rcfe-happy-2: then Spankem well that was all over rover from a good way out, AMasterpiece wowee bloody great night at the office for the AllStars, the only blip on the Team Kiwi Harness Racing front was big Bazza's SupremeDom but he ran on for 5th so not to big o blip, good go for a first up run over there.......

Cheers Iraklis

Yep, that perfect final workout was a work of art! Couldn't have choreographed it better if they'd tried. Pun intended!

11 minutes ago, JackSprat said:

Much the same as the industry is being flogged to death scooby by people on track and off that should know better, yet are happy to condone cheating .... while at the same time lamenting the downward spiral of the game!

Nobody is condoning anything...just get over it and move on...if there was any issue the stipes would have been involved...still nothing as of today...please you guys have had a fair crack its just time to turn the page.

OK scooby. My final words on the matter ...

The game isn't known as "Cheats on seats" for nothing. The idea of some trying in races, and some not, is the very reason the betting public have no faith in the integrity of the game.

To pretend such behavoiur doesn't occur is naive.

To not decry such behaviour is to condone it.

To defend such behavoiur is a harness racing deathwish.

Coincidentally such pre-1970's thinking also produced the generation (my generation by the way) that continues to turn a blind eye to the "quiet run". Until the last of this generation is purged from the game it will continue to shrink and eventually shrivel up and die. I'd give it 20 years at the most. Much less under the current leadership.

The diehards might kid themselves that the game is "honest enough". The vast majority of the betting public thing otherwise.

You don't have to be a genius to see which group is right!

RIP Harness Racing

12 hours ago, JackSprat said:

So just to be clear ...

Quiet runs are OK ..... as long as you post advance warning on your website?

What next?

Team driving is OK ...... as long as it's announced on TV pre-race?

Steroids are OK ....... as long as it's posted on the notice board in the drivers room?

EPO is OK ....... as long as it's supplied by an HRNZ affiliated provider

You've already declared that you don't have a problem with breaking the rules and acts detrimental to harness racing. Exactly how far does your condoning of such behaviour extend?

What absolute nonsense you right above re Steroids,Team driving and EPO

Only you saw it as  a quiet run and you want us to believe your ideas are facts. Sorry old boy your deluded.

I offered in good faith to return your 10 bucks you lost and you replied with that rubbish which you wisely edited from your original reply to my kind offer, you need help and lots of it IMHO.

As for charities my wife and i already donate quite a bit on an annual basis to Heart Foundation,City Mission and Foundation for the Blind

This is my last post on this matter as well so its over to the trolls and that includes a HTP who has rejoined RC, to  have a crack. BTW welcome back Bogyman but it was inevitable given how much time you spend reading this site:rcfe-happy-1:

OK, final final word ...

Clearly you and several others on here are OK with cheating. I'm just trying to establish where your line in the sand is!

No idea what "wisely edited" alludes to. Can't recall if that post was edited or not, (I'm sure scooby can tell you) but if it was it would have been for spelling or grammar, certainly not content.

As for your charitable intent - send the $10 to www.alzheimers.org.nz Post the receipt and I'll match it

1 hour ago, JackSprat said:

OK, final final word ...

Clearly you and several others on here are OK with cheating. I'm just trying to establish where your line in the sand is!

No idea what "wisely edited" alludes to. Can't recall if that post was edited or not, (I'm sure scooby can tell you) but if it was it would have been for spelling or grammar, certainly not content.

As for your charitable intent - send the $10 to www.alzheimers.org.nz Post the receipt and I'll match it

You said that yesterday too....:rcfe-happy-2:...both sides have an opinion..which both sides have spelt out clearly to date...AS team is always polarising...can we just move on to discussing more pressing issues??? I think you all just need to agree to disagree...as never the twain shall meet...

Thefixer produced an amazing sprint, yes, after racin 2 back on the inner followin Cruz the whole trip, he wasn't asked to sprint from the back, after not racin for almost 2 months, possibly goin 3/4 wide and bein left parked.....a helluva lot different to the other night, 2 differing circumstances, come on.....

Cheers Iraklis

I have watched the race in question at Cambridge a few times now and I honestly can't see any rule of harness racing that was broken. 

The argument is Thefixer wasn't put into the race.

The counter argument is; if he was put in to it, or driven with urgency and sent around the field, it could be argued, that would have been the undoing of his winning chances, given his circumstances going into the race; mainly his poor draw and the lack of recent racing. I.e his fitness levels would likely give out.

Remember folks, we are not talking about machines here. We are talking about animals. 

The driver is also the co-trainer. Trainers that also drive have an advantage as they (should) know the fitness levels of their drive, and their capabilities. 

I am yet to see a horse turn up for it's first race in 100% peak physical condition and fitness after an extended break, with an extensive programme ahead in top level racing. If anyone has seen one, in either code, please let us know. 

Disclaimer: I did not have a bet on the race, but watched with interest as I've been a fan of Turn It Up since his first race. 

Thing is this... before placing a bet one should consider ALL, or at least digest as much information as they possibly can relating to their selected horse(s), the opposition and the circumstances of the race, the history leading up to it and the events on the horizon. Not too mention the "value" of the odds on offer. 

Newcomers, mug and drunk punters (we've all seen them) are less likely to be able to read the race and consider the aforementioned issues relating to the race. 

Take away message, like my homies from south-central LA say:

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

(Especially when the rules have not been broken)

Rusty, you know and I know he was only in there for a workout but obviously some didn't know as the horse did carry money.    I'm not altogether blaming them, afterall they getting paid to have a workout, boosting the size of the field to ensure race was run etc etc. but 

i do feel the stipes should have  called them in and pointed out their obligations.    

On 1/22/2019 at 7:31 PM, JackSprat said:

Much the same as the industry is being flogged to death scooby by people on track and off that should know better, yet are happy to condone cheating .... while at the same time lamenting the downward spiral of the game!

At last someone is getting some airtime ( allowed ) saying the Fixer drive would rate as the worse seen for a very long time - pre scripted and just wrong .

How to sour everyone is say such drives are ok .

Worst still some here have suggested drives a Nelson were choreographed but accept this blatant cheating drive .

4 hours ago, what a post said:

My take on this thread is it doesn't matter what the all stars may do,their loyal supporters will always defend them.

Reverse your post and some are always attacking them on here and elsewhere. Just saying, thats why we debate and have forums like this.

Factually , the RIU saw nothing wrong with the drive,the trainer freely mentioned it would probably improve with run. First start since Cup

Just my opinion and Long Owner and you are quite rightly entitled to yours.

Drivers are given wrist slaps or fines for not giving their horse the best opportunity to win.    Clearly at Cambridge Nat had no intention of extending her charge and just gave it a workout.   She should have been spoken to by the stipes just for consistency sake.    If the public saw she had been "reminded of her obligations" then none of this discussion would still be taking place.    In my books, the stipes in this instance have failed to carry out their duties - simple!  

Hear hear FTMuch, gawd info on the horse and how his trainers thought the race may go etc, was well documented both on their website and in interviews, in short if the public/punters in general etc had chose to listen, (do their homework) they would have heard understood and made their choices accordingly, which I'm sure alot did; but this rubbish that some how AllStars were cheating anyone, or making a mockery of, or tryin to 'fix up Thefixer' is just that perceived rubbish! everybody knows if there was really anything serious in the claims made by Jack and others, then I'm sure something would've been said/done via the Stipes and or the authorites in general? but lo nothing.....

Eljay, I believe that any money bet on Thefixer was more than likely placed 'for luck' eg. 'I'm backin Turn It Up, Ashley Locaz, annnnd I know I'll chuck in Thefixer you never know he could be further along than we think' this was the very conversation I heard when standin waitin for the race.....but as I have already said at the end of the day 'puntin' is a choice, a game of luck, anyone who bets on any race I'm sure understands that, so what's the problem here really?

WhatP, it aint always about defendin AllStars (although personally can't see why loyal fans of the mighty stable can't back their choice) either, it's just in this instance there's a mountain tryin to be made out of molehill....it aint AllStars fault Jack, that yourself and fellow punters, simply bet the wrong horse! lets be fair it was yours and others CHOICE to do so......

However, those in here that still feel aggrieved by the race and it's outcome I say, put your issues in writing to the appropriate Authorities, go hard, you have that choice too.....

Cheers Iraklis

Rusty mate, I've gone back and re-watched the race myself too, and I cant for the life of me see where Nat never supposedly never gave the horse his chance, she put him in it where she could, she wasn't lookin to bust a gut on him (I don't blame her) and actually I consider it was bloody decent run, he lost a bit ground when they were turnin in, he was whackin, doin his best finishin where he did.....I suspect the Stipes saw it that way to  :rcfe-smile:

Cheers Iraklis

1 hour ago, Iraklis said:

Rusty mate, I've gone back and re-watched the race myself too, and I cant for the life of me see where Nat never supposedly never gave the horse his chance, she put him in it where she could, she wasn't lookin to bust a gut on him (I don't blame her) and actually I consider it was bloody decent run, he lost a bit ground when they were turnin in, he was whackin, doin his best finishin where he did.....I suspect the Stipes saw it that way to  :rcfe-smile:

Cheers Iraklis

as stated earlier the 800m between the 1200m and the 400m was run in 1.00.6.  Because those sectionals were so slow,the race was then set up to have a final 400m run at a speed which meant no horse in nz could come from The fixers position in any open class field and have any chance of paying a dividend.  That's the point.

You can still try, and not give your horse a hard run just because it will improve with the run. Punters understand that, They are not stupid.. They  don"t  appreciate the way they are being treated when their $ are on horses that aren't trying..Whoever the personalities are that have taken them for mugs.