RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JackSprat

The Fixer Fixed Up

Jack, and you have clearly missed your own point, you started your gripe bemoaning the fact that the Fixer didnt 'try' (in your opinion) was fixed up yaddah yaddah and all reasons why, then you tried to take your particular argument to the wider field by being more inclusive to all in here, more blah, all I did was point out that any punter worth his salt would have already known that the race was for luck, by the amount of info out there on the 'trainers' own website, and various interviews they did in the media. Next time do yuh homework!

Now lets see, the horse was comin back from a break, even I this enthusiast and fan only of the sport knew that he would not be given a gut buster his first start back, look at his draw? over a sprint!? give me a fricken break, yuh don't need to be an Einstein it's plain ol common sense! then you would have a us all believe that because you bet on him you have certain rights to make statements as to whether or not the trainers are fixing a horse up or not, and that's ok, what complete an utter rubbish! just because you are a punter does not give you any more rights than any ol jo blogs including me, and that goes for yuh mate Stables as well!

I say again NO ONE FORCES YOU LOT TO PUNT THESE HORSES, YOU CHOOSE TO! now shaddup and take your losses and salve your bettin pride with a good stiff drink, you read it wrong; and you copped a loss ho hum, any successful punter wouldn't have touched him with a barge pole, and that includes me! my heart wanted to see him rip round there and the AllStars be 123 but my head said otherwise, now if I, a not necessary, not needed enthusiast of the sport can figger that, why would you consider other worthy successful punters out there cant!?

Last but not least, it'll be the true blue enthusiasts and good fans of the sport who will still be there when the punters are long gone, and I've said before, Harness Racing (all racing for that matter) will survive no matter what, it has done for bloody eons, its human nature, hell there are countries in which bettin is illegal, but lo and behold they race on, why? THE THRILL OF COMPETITION! simple!

For your info I have owned, bred, pre-trained, and agisted harness horses in the past and also been ripped off by some of the worst in the game (when I was still a newbie) I have learned a thing or two since then, was raised around horses on a 220 acre farm locally, came up thru the thoroughbred ranks til I discovered Harness, and nothin! nothin! will dampen my enthusiasm for the sport I love! and that includes you! I have butted heads with some of the best (or worst depends on your view) in here, and sorry guys, but I have a much BIGGER AND HARDER HEAD!!!

Stables, have you never heard of a horse bein run in a race for luck, 'we'll put him in you never know something could happen we could get a gap at the right moment and he's in' it happens, get over yourself, its all in the luck of the punt.....but what the sport don't need is punters who blame everything and anyone for their lack of judgement in the first place!!!

Cheers Iraklis

Hey Jack just a thought for yuh, if we don't got any Owners, or Breeders, who provide the necessary product; what good is the punter then to the Harness industry?

2 hours ago, Stables said:

Iraklis, I think it's you who needs to get over yourself, I find your over the top rants bordering on childish nonsense

Iraklis is one of the most open posters here..he love the AS team nothing wrong with that and nothing wrong with anyone having a differing opinion...please keep the personal stuff about him out of the posts cheers...debate is fine but lets not get personal we are past that on here.

Thanks for all the contributions to a healthy debate...I only have one thing to say if it was as bad as some of you ,maybe talking through the pocket, people are saying why did the steps do nothing??? C'mon and please dont tell me they are on the take too!!!!!

Iraklis, nobody doubts your passion for the game, so you have no need to get all precious about that. In fact you'll probably be one of the few still barracking from the sidelines in 20 years time when the last of the punters has left and they're racing for ribbons!

The point of my original post was to highlight the contempt with which the punters dollar was treated on The Fixer. Since you're so hung up on the $10 I lost, open a TAB account and send me your account number. I'll drop $10 in it for you to play with to ease the pain you're feeling for me!

As for the old chestnut of punters versus owners, it's pretty simple - who brings the money? The punter can always find something else to bet on, but how long would the owners keep paying if there was a ribbon and steak knives to be won!

Generations of punters have been treated with contempt, which worked just fine when there was little else to punt on. Sadly, harness racing has not evolved with the modern expectation of a level playing field, fair play, and a genuine run for your money.

What does it say about the future of the game when even a lifelong harness supported such as myself now spends more on lotto each week that I do on the trots!

33 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

iraklis is one of the most open posters here..he love the AS team nothing wrong with that and nothing wrong with anyone having a differing opinion...please keep the personal stuff about him out of the posts cheers...debate is fine but lets not get personal we are past that on here.

Thanks for all the contributions to a healthy debate...I only have one thing to say if it was as bad as some of you ,maybe talking through the pocket, people are saying why did the steps do nothing??? C'mon and please dont tell me they are on the take too!!!!!

Your right. The stipes should have asked the question. Why diidn"t. they. Well If you read the reports you will see north island based stipes overlook an awful lot, They are old school and in my opinion do little to enforce matters relating to high profile players.. South island stipes are different..Just read the difference in what they report on and who they report on. A clear example was when Mark Purdon was questioned regarding his questionable drive on jesse duke, on new years eve at auckland..  They had a south island stipe in charge that night .There is a clear pattern if you follow it.

1 hour ago, what a post said:

Your right. The stipes should have asked the question. Why diidn"t. they. Well If you read the reports you will see north island based stipes overlook an awful lot, They are old school and in my opinion do little to enforce matters relating to high profile players.. South island stipes are different..Just read the difference in what they report on and who they report on. A clear example was when Mark Purdon was questioned regarding his questionable drive on jesse duke, on new years eve at auckland..  They had a south island stipe in charge that night .There is a clear pattern if you follow it.

I think this has been smashed to death..maybe you should apply for a stipes job...sounds like you might do better.....:rcfe-like:

2 hours ago, Blue said:

Sorry but I can't believe this 'non-event' now occupies three pages.

And there in one brief sentence we sum up the topic of the thread and the #1 trust issue facing the game - the "old school" thinking of the generation that is driving harness racing into the ground!

Problem? What problem?

15 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Last but not least, it'll be the true blue enthusiasts and good fans of the sport who will still be there when the punters are long gone, and I've said before, Harness Racing (all racing for that matter) will survive no matter what, it has done for bloody eons, its human nature, hell there are countries in which bettin is illegal, but lo and behold they race on, why? THE THRILL OF COMPETITION! simple!

Hey Jack just a thought for yuh, if we don't got any Owners, or Breeders, who provide the necessary product; what good is the punter then to the Harness industry?

REALLY doubt that the All Stars and their team of owners will be stick around and just race for "The thrill of competition"

Without punters, the Harness sport ethusiasts will be racing for ribbons as they do in England and then we'll see how long the Harness "sport" survives in NZ

Ah haa battle! Jack & Stables brought a few reinforcements, bring it you lot I don't care! :rcfe-happy-3: and I would be proud to be one of the few cheerin from the sidelines, and lovin it! when racing first started all those many moons ago, what did they race for? the reputation of 'my horse beat yours' and yes the thrill of it! that's why it'll survive long after punters are gone, simple! you think because your a punter that gives you ownership of something? or certain rights? what exactly?...Jack you and your mates Stables included, are all speakin through the bloody big hole in yuh pockets, but at the end of the day and I'll say again, as I've said all along 'you, yep you! made a choice to back a horse and it didn't pan out,' how is it, that because you don't like the result that the issue is one of 'the Fixer is fixed up'? (and I do hope you don't mean anything sinister in that) Mark P and Nat not once forced any of you to put yuh money on Thefixer! or any of their horses for that matter, no Owners, or Trainers do, you choose to! as did others......if Owners don't breed and produce the product to race that will be what kills it! and not the mighty ALLSTARS!!!!

Jack, talkin about precious you started it mate now you got it.....'The point of my original post was to highlight the contempt with which the punters dollar was treated on The Fixer'. I know your point (got that several pages ago, where were you?), mine is, YOU AND ALL PUNTERS CHOSE! AGAIN, CHOSE! to bet on the horse! you all made a choice!...what contempt? where? only contempt I see is how you all treated 'yuh own dollars' (ah, as for yuh offer, mate neither you or anyone else would ever get me to bet on an animal that is already givin so much back to the sport anyway, howsat for precious)

Stables, funny how you keep readin those 'rants' hit a nerve did I? GET OVER YOURSELF! for your info, some years ago a horse called Homin Hosed was entered in The Cup, in some pre-race interviews the owners had said that they didn't think he was quite ready or up to the standard of some of the others but they wanted to run him cos you never know what could happen, and its The Cup, they were runnin him for luck....just so happened he won it, but the point is its about luck and choice.....punters choose to punt, its game of LUCK! pointless to moan when it goes tits up!

There was no 'fix up', cos all the info was out there (in the public arena) as to how the horses Trainers thought the race may go and why, and I repeat Thefixer had every right to be there! and in some instances some horses really only get serious if its a race not a trial or a workout, the horse hadn't raced since The Cup, really? nahhh, now come on, how great do you really think he would've gone from that draw, over that distance, first race back after a break, they had to start somewhere? and had LUCK played its part who knows, but did you really want to see him gutted to win or place just because he (not his choice) was carryin the punters dollar?

Virtual stipe, 'REALLY doubt that the All Stars and their team of owners will be stick around and just race for "The thrill of competition" you wanna bet? horseman will always wanna compete no matter the form...

Big Ears, RUBBISH!

There guess that's about it.....yuh all comeback now yuh hearrrr! 

Rusty, ah, tiz astute one is, refreshing......

Cheers Iraklis

4 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Ah haa battle! Jack & Stables brought a few reinforcements, bring it you lot I don't care! :rcfe-happy-3: and I would be proud to be one of the few cheerin from the sidelines, and lovin it! when racing first started all those many moons ago, what did they race for? the reputation of 'my horse beat yours' and yes the thrill of it! that's why it'll survive long after punters are gone, simple! you think because your a punter that gives you ownership of something? or certain rights? what exactly?...Jack you and your mates Stables included, are all speakin through the bloody big hole in yuh pockets, but at the end of the day and I'll say again, as I've said all along 'you, yep you! made a choice to back a horse and it didn't pan out,' how is it, that because you don't like the result that the issue is one of 'the Fixer is fixed up'? (and I do hope you don't mean anything sinister in that) Mark P and Nat not once forced any of you to put yuh money on Thefixer! or any of their horses for that matter, no Owners, or Trainers do, you choose to! as did others......if Owners don't breed and produce the product to race that will be what kills it! and not the mighty ALLSTARS!!!!

Jack, talkin about precious you started it mate now you got it.....'The point of my original post was to highlight the contempt with which the punters dollar was treated on The Fixer'. I know your point (got that several pages ago, where were you?), mine is, YOU AND ALL PUNTERS CHOSE! AGAIN, CHOSE! to bet on the horse! you all made a choice!...what contempt? where? only contempt I see is how you all treated 'yuh own dollars' (ah, as for yuh offer, mate neither you or anyone else would ever get me to bet on an animal that is already givin so much back to the sport anyway, howsat for precious)

Stables, funny how you keep readin those 'rants' hit a nerve did I? GET OVER YOURSELF! for your info, some years ago a horse called Homin Hosed was entered in The Cup, in some pre-race interviews the owners had said that they didn't think he was quite ready or up to the standard of some of the others but they wanted to run him cos you never know what could happen, and its The Cup, they were runnin him for luck....just so happened he won it, but the point is its about luck and choice.....punters choose to punt, its game of LUCK! pointless to moan when it goes tits up!

There was no 'fix up', cos all the info was out there (in the public arena) as to how the horses Trainers thought the race may go and why, and I repeat Thefixer had every right to be there! and in some instances some horses really only get serious if its a race not a trial or a workout, the horse hadn't raced since The Cup, really? nahhh, now come on, how great do you really think he would've gone from that draw, over that distance, first race back after a break, they had to start somewhere? and had LUCK played its part who knows, but did you really want to see him gutted to win or place just because he (not his choice) was carryin the punters dollar?

Virtual stipe, 'REALLY doubt that the All Stars and their team of owners will be stick around and just race for "The thrill of competition" you wanna bet? horseman will always wanna compete no matter the form...

Big Ears, RUBBISH!

There guess that's about it.....yuh all comeback now yuh hearrrr! 

Rusty, ah, tiz astute one is, refreshing......

Cheers Iraklis

The only part of your whole rant that makes any sense is the use of the word "choice". The rest is the ramblings of a rabid fan, albeit a fan with no concept of the biggest factor killing the game, or what changes are necessary to sustain it.

Yes, punters have a "choice", and they are "choosing" to punt elsewhere. Your delight at seeing the All Stars racing each other for ribbons may come about sooner than you think!

As for talking through my pocket - my $10 loss appears to be quite a big deal to you, so remember my offer to match my loss with a donation of $10 into your TAB account still stands!

Big ears, no I'm not! and never have I been tellin you that! others in here have voiced that, I am merely replyin to what has already been said, if you go back few pages you'll see.....

Jack, LOL you were the one bemoanin punters and bets (dollars) being treated with contempt NOT ME! and alluding to Thefixer bein fixed up etc etc, when yuh bombed! clearly I've made to much sense for you and you don't like it, oh, and choosing to punt elsewhere is just that, their choice! your loss however is your loss alone! and, I have already, clearly in as plain a language as I can, explained to you that I do not bet! over and over! funny you don't seem to understand that I don't have that 'ragin need' to gamble like you clearly do, then moan about it afterwards....

GOOOO!!!! THE MIGHTY ALLSTARS FOR THE WEEKEND!!! GOOO!!!! THEFIXER! (did yuh see he got an awesome draw?) FIXED UP I GUESS!!!

Cheers Iraklis

44 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

Big ears, no I'm not! and never have I been tellin you that! others in here have voiced that, I am merely replyin to what has already been said, if you go back few pages you'll see.....

Jack, LOL you were the one bemoanin punters and bets (dollars) being treated with contempt NOT ME! and alluding to Thefixer bein fixed up etc etc, when yuh bombed! clearly I've made to much sense for you and you don't like it, oh, and choosing to punt elsewhere is just that, their choice! your loss however is your loss alone! and, I have already, clearly in as plain a language as I can, explained to you that I do not bet! over and over! funny you don't seem to understand that I don't have that 'ragin need' to gamble like you clearly do, then moan about it afterwards....

GOOOO!!!! THE MIGHTY ALLSTARS FOR THE WEEKEND!!! GOOO!!!! THEFIXER! (did yuh see he got an awesome draw?) FIXED UP I GUESS!!!

Cheers Iraklis

Comprehension not your long suit Iraklis? You're making no sense at all!

I "bemoaned" the contempt for the thousands upon thousands of punters dollars that went down the drain without so much as a whimper ... my $10 loss was an insignificant drop in the ocean!

You seem to wear the fact that you don't bet as a badge of honour. I was offering to give you a free $10 shot at supporting the industry you profess to love so much! But that's never going to happen is it, with your contempt for the punter obvious with statements like "that 'ragin need' to gamble". Enough said.

Funny the different perspectives people have of the same occurrence ...

• You'd see The Fixer winning the Ballarat Cup tomorrow night as a great achievement, and reason to run to the fridge for yet another drink.
  • Those that supported him in his "Cambridge workout" would see it as having their noses rubbed in it, and buy an extra lotto ticket next week instead.

LOL, Oh Jack mate, I am very lonnnnnnggg on comprehension, and make to much sense for you, clearly! and that's what gets your goat, you on the other hand arent big on either! as I've said time and time again in as a plain a language as I can, in every way that I can; and still you keep tryin to push this $10 on me in encouragement to do just that!.....I...DO...NOT...BET!!! hows that? is that clear enough for yuh this time???? dohh!!!.....and by the way, you don't have to bet to support the sport! oh shit now there's a novel idea......

It aint rocket science Jack, those that 'supported' plain language 'BET ON HIM' did so, as of their own CHOOSING!!! how is that the fault of the horse and or his Trainers? and course I'll celebrate Thefixer if he wins (gawd I hope he does) and with gusto, and vast amounts of pride!!! in between a drink or two probably 3 :rcfe-like: but you feel free to blubber in yuh beerseys an moan all good I'll be thinkin of yuh LMAO

Cheers Iraklis

A couple of points to add to the discussion.......

IMO Racing has never been as 'honest' or closely scrutinised as it is now.

Racing is a  bloody boring activity which only true lovers of the noble horse enjoy ......even trainers I know would prefer to be at home just watching it on TV , in fact most trainers and owners don't attend meetings if they are not involved on the day.

Yes the industry is declining ,because people prefer to gamble on more interesting alternatives which were not around in the good old days when Racing was 'dodgy' in the extreme.eg Casino ,Sports betting and Lotto.

People love coming on social media and Racecafe and rubbish with envy most successful people in racing........the same folk seem to relish the prediction that the Industry will end.

And those closest to the action i.e. recent participants , threaten that they are walking away yet they still bet and show an interest yet can't give any positive recommendations how to resuscitate the Industry.In fact those closest i.e. administrators ,owners ,trainers etc belong to groups that can't put forward any solutions or agree !

Many sports have faced huge shrinkage in participation and public interest and some are showing revival......I went to a 20/20 cricket match last week......and how us cricket enthusiasts rubbished this format when it started.

On one side of us a guy was asking how many fielders a team was allowed ,and on the other side of us the group commented that none of them had been to the cricket for 5 years.In front some women stood and danced and waved their arms around constantly. 

I thought how cricket had changed......and these people had paid good money for a day out to be entertained.

1 hour ago, Iraklis said:

LOL, Oh Jack mate, I am very lonnnnnnggg on comprehension, and make to much sense for you, clearly! and that's what gets your goat, you on the other hand arent big on either! as I've said time and time again in as a plain a language as I can, in every way that I can; and still you keep tryin to push this $10 on me in encouragement to do just that!.....I...DO...NOT...BET!!! hows that? is that clear enough for yuh this time???? dohh!!!.....and by the way, you don't have to bet to support the sport! oh shit now there's a novel idea......

It aint rocket science Jack, those that 'supported' plain language 'BET ON HIM' did so, as of their own CHOOSING!!! how is that the fault of the horse and or his Trainers? and course I'll celebrate Thefixer if he wins (gawd I hope he does) and with gusto, and vast amounts of pride!!! in between a drink or two probably 3 :rcfe-like: but you feel free to blubber in yuh beerseys an moan all good I'll be thinkin of yuh LMAO

Cheers Iraklis

NZ Harness Racing 2039 prediction

• a pre-training venue for the few horses still be bred here prior to be shipped to Australia to race for actual stake money.
  • the diehard Over 70's (the current Over 50's) lamenting the good ol' days when dodgy tactics were "great for the game".

On 1/17/2019 at 9:10 AM, Stables said:

Iraklis, I think your profusion of over the top rants in the last few hours prove my earlier post to be on the mark. For your information, I did not back the horse and I seldom bet these days. I am a breeder probably in a much more extensive way than you have ever been. I agree with scooby's post, however, this subject has been done to death and there's nothing else to say. I will therefore withdraw from any further discussion on this matter and leave it to you and Jack to fight it out if you so wish

Yeh yeh whatever you two, ooh I'm sooooooo upset, TRY HARDER! does it look/sound like I give a toss LOL....it is noticeable neither one of yuh answered the main question anyway, to back your argument, but that's ok....and, 'I'm probably more of a breeder than you have ever been' ne ne ne ne, now who's childish Stables? and its so funny you think of my posts as rants, LMAO...and for your info I was making a point in general re the bettin on the horse, what? you didn't know the dif? you and I have butted heads before and you did the same thing then to......

And Jack, whats wrong with a 'beer and Trackside' perspective, ay? its best programme on TV when we got harness on show, and I fricken love it, wish they'd run Boxseat more and, and, more programmes on our top stars and stables of the sport whoar that'd be ticket.....hey, thought with the two of you teamin up you'd be somewhat more formidable LOL

GOOOOOO!!! THE MIGHTY ALLSTARS FOR TOMORROW ANYWAY!!!!

Cheers Iraklis

Hale The Fixer!

Brilliant training effort.

Brilliant drive.

Brilliant performance.

And yet the stench of the previous weeks effort when the punters were treated with complete disdain lingers ... obviously not for those that saw the "Cambridge workout fiasco" as being acceptable, but the Ballarat Cup did nothing to appease the under 50's that did their money cold a week earlier. In fact they had their "noses rubbed in it" and no doubt a few more disgruntled punters left, never to return.

Way to keep the game alive guys .... not!