poundforpound

Wellington Racing Club playing dangerous games

40 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever measured the drop on the Trentham track (ie. does the 1200 metre race go a bit down hill  --if so, I presume most of it is in the shute part) ??

With the time for Telegraph there could not have been much wrong with the track.

5 hours ago, Breeder said:

Has anyone ever measured the drop on the Trentham track (ie. does the 1200 metre race go a bit down hill  --if so, I presume most of it is in the shute part) ??

With the time for Telegraph there could not have been much wrong with the track.

Think it stayed a Dead 4 all day 

22 hours ago, d.burrow said:

I guess that you are feeling a little sheepish tonight?

The point is the first 2 races up the 1200m shute were biased  to the outer.

That  means the outcome of those races were determined by the amount of irrigation on the rail.

It is clearly seen on the head on replay after 400m  the track was cutting out significantly on the rail....a bias of 3-4+ lengths against horses on the rail. (Guessing it dried up for the Telegraph)

e.g Emerald Amour and I Am Gracie were a similar performance at Te Aroha  and yesterday there was a 6 length advantage to the outside horse without taking account of the extra ground covered by I Am Gracie.

This is the problem faced by punters when they know significant amounts of water have been applied....confidence levels erode.

What about trainers and Jocks pre-planning tactics and unaware?

Jocks and trainers unaware !!! Never, they’re so smart.

Remember Jillo and DCE hatching a plan with that Te Akau sprinter who was a bit faint hearted at Te Rapa a few years ago ... and lil’ Stick McKee having Mufhasa attack 18 wide in The Telegraph about 10 years ago...those guys miss nothing, just listen to David Walsh before a race meeting, they know exactly where the groundsmen have fucked up, where the old tired irrigation nodes and antinodes are, and where the stipes and ambulance tyre tracks have compacted the turf...these guys are expert match fixers after all :) just ask the fucking idiots at the RIU !!!

The track was fucking perfect for mid summer. 

Nothing  would have jarred up. 

The times in the Group One’s were excellent, particularly the Telegraph. 

Listening to the beaten jockeys on Weigh In this morning, a number said that their mounts would have preferred more give in the ground!

For the fifth year in a row Trentham under MARK. Biddle’s caretakering has prepared the best surface in NZ.... even Leo (poundforpound) agrees 100%.

:rcf-happy-5:

On 1/20/2019 at 10:11 PM, Insider said:

The times in the Group One’s were excellent, particularly the Telegraph. 

Listening to the beaten jockeys on Weigh In this morning, a number said that their mounts would have preferred more give in the ground!

For the fifth year in a row Trentham under MARK. Biddle’s caretakering has prepared the best surface in NZ.... even Leo (poundforpound) agrees 100%.

:rcf-happy-5:

As a punter I prefer mid summer tracks to be firm as I guess trainers with firm track horses would also.

IMO Te Rapa on Sunday was a perfect mid summer track with times generally 2-3sec faster than the over watered Trentham.

A 72 1400 1.21.84 and maidens running almost the same time as the Thorndon. This equates to Trentham being 40-50m slower track than Te Rapa.

How many jarred up at Te Rapa?

So the beaten jockeys would have preferred to have a track 100m slower than Te Rapa ? ...in mid summer?  Lets put on on more water to give the dry trackers no hope and

present soft tracks in mid summer!. Lets completely stuff our tracks for winter!

In the first 2 races horses racing on the rail were disadvantaged because of over watering. Other firm trackers were disadvantaged.

Ha P4P would not know ....he is a self confessed long term loser on the punt so his opinion carries little credibility

Ouch.......not sure P4P is quite that useless at punting.....in fact when he does his form he’s rather good at it, mind you that’s mostly in summer, and only when the magnificent little maestro isn’t busy running his hugely successful hospo operation catering for the needs of the world’s rich and famous..........just saying, and thanks for the insult :)

BTW my appraisal of Trentham was based on certain horses actions and how pure and fluent they looked on that surface, I didn’t take into consideration any other factors.

3 hours ago, Leggy said:

We know that. The query was about the Cup time, not the Telegraph.

My bad... should hv read the post a bit more closely

Timing the video, the Cup run in approx 3.21.75 

Chrs

11 minutes ago, Southland said:

My bad... should hv read the post a bit more closely

Timing the video, the Cup run in approx 3.21.75 

Chrs

So in 1970, Il Tempo with no irrigation would have beaten Gorbachev by 102 meters.

Now tell me the bloke in charge of irrigation has no influence on the outcome of races.