RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

NZ TAB A Shambles

How could so many well paid individuals get it so wrong so often. I have decided to move to offshore bookies immediately  although it will take 2 days to set up account and address regulatory matters in these AML sensitive days.

Anyone else locked out and getting an email 5 days later asking if they have got a problem logging in?

Do any cafers have anything positive to say about the new system

Greg

J J its a completely new website give them a chance too fix the problems with design,bugs,errors etc i have a list as long as my arm that i think need changed for the better but i will express them too the right people at the right time, nothing new is ever perfect in the tech world,  just battle though like the rest of us and i'm sure at some stage people will see it as an improvement.......... i must admit sport punters should be like a pig in shyte just the racing design needs a lot of work

No point trying the help desk as it seems no one home.  If change is to happen then it should be for the better.   Everything seems slower, the access to information or the betting process.  Obviously the tab is increasing emphasis on sports betting,but by doing that they are turning off racing betters.   The good will with their core base of customers will be eroded.   1 hour ago I had a bet in an aussie dog race.  Still the full result not posted on the website.    Many of the changes I think discourage the betting experience.

I went to the new website yesterday and I thought it was good. Everything worked fine on my laptop, a MacBook Pro. The computer is powerful so I guess that helps. I thought there was a lot of information about each starter in the race and although I don't bet on sports plenty of options if you do.

I think its fair to say the jury is out. Given many of the issues i  have heard about are simple fixes one wonders how much beta testing was carried out by potential and current users. They are the best at working out what is not working in any business/IT upgrade. I suppose that was just too much much for the brains trust to work out

I took a while to work out how to navigate round the new TAB site on my phone but generally ok now. However, I gather some people with older systems or slow connections are having major issues. It will be a pity if the boffins haven't ensured the new system works for all (cf the census).

Using the laptop works better than on cellphone but cellphone  ( absolute shambles) is the main device for punting away from home. Information is missing ,little or  no form in Px6 pages and had no comments for Invercargill harness whilegallops did , amongst others issues. Think we should alll join our local club, vote to get change through HRNZ to have TAB or new outfit to focus on racing side of betting.

Well, they are improving. Last Thursday the Pick Six option didn't appear on the website until about an hour before it closed -- must have denied them thousands in turnover. Today at least the option is already there. However, last week's pool (not struck) must have been so low that the jackpot today is a measly 30k (only 5k more than the starting pool). 

On 1/17/2019 at 10:59 AM, Swede said:

It is just possible that last week the Pick Six option was there all the time but I couldn't find it, whereas I stumbled across it this morning. Suggests it's not as obvious as it should be.  

I see the Px6 at Waikato last week online at the time however only numbers 1-3 had form and colours (first leg). Put me off punting into that pool (and not bothered to look this week). 

Mate of mine has now started betting with 365 instead. 

John Allen has just been sighted at Trentham and had time for an interview about the new betting system by one of his Trackside employees. My wife was nearly in tears watching him explain how great the system was and how they were overcoming issues. To cap the whole episode off Sweeney goes into bat for it and how  Kiwis dont like change blah blah. Absolute rubbish from both of them IMHO but we are so used to it  should we really be surprised