RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Pyst

Pretty new TAB site BUT.....

We are, of course, concerned at how it affects us as racing people. To my mind, this new system is geared, first and foremost, for those betting on sports.

Click on any game/match and you have a myriad of options, most of which are as the game progresses. Next play, next, this, next something else and so on.

For us racing punters we have our regular e/w, quin, tri and so on. How about another 10 -100 options AFTER the race has begun? Now that would have been very welcome.

Back to my original point. A couple of things which back that up are (1) the stake is not listed for the races. Now this is of interest to many racing punters but has no relevance to the sports bettor. (2) No owners are listed in the racing section. Again, this has no relevance to sports betting.

These may seem small points but they clearly demonstrate that the new system has been implemented with sports betting uppermost.

Many of our complaints can, and will be fixed, in due course. There would have been a lot fewer if the programmers had had more knowledge of the needs of racing punters.

PS About 10-12  years ago I was at a Racing Conference in Auckland and, during the lunch break, I wandered into a TAB. (Back then, they were easy to find. Not so today). Anyway, the TAB manager was putting up a list of  Sports Options. There were 200. I was flabbergasted and remember remarking on this new phenomenon. They were individual events. Today those 200 events may have anywhere up to 200 betting options.. Hardly surprising then that Sports Betting has increased to the extent it has.

On 1/22/2019 at 10:32 AM, Jape said:

Click on any game/match and you have a myriad of options, most of which are as the game progresses. Next play, next, this, next something else and so on.

For us racing punters we have our regular e/w, quin, tri and so on. How about another 10 -100 options AFTER the race has begun? Now that would have been very welcome.

John Allen did get asked about in play race betting, apparently it’s not legal in nz and would need to go through parliament. 

Yes, it's a known bug if you check the uppingyourgame.co.nz.  I'm not 100% certain but it did look like there was an issue with IE - chrome was displaying correctly.  But it looks like you're using Mozilla/Firebox?  For a time, they actually had different displays based on browsers which is indicative of a serious issue which to be fair you would have thought they would have sorted in testing.

That said, I do find it a lot quicker to put bets on … once you understand how it works.  That is always the challenge of a new site is that even if it is better, people will find it "worse" because they have to relearn how to do things - the classic example of "Don't Make Me Think".

My biggest concern is the lack of some quite critical data eg there's no visual display of NTD.  I suspect they were forced down the "minimal viable product" path - get things working and then after launch add and enhance.  It gets the site live but it does cause punters significant frustration

Have a same problem with my phone as well with time lapse.

I've only had it a couple of months been a samsung J6. Having discovered if I click on provisional results via the web I get the old browser with results which is far easy on the eye. However I use my phone I get locked in on the page and cant get back so have to close the screen page and reboot the tab again.

The lack of knowing who the owner or owners of the racing dog are really hacks me off, yes if you click into the extended form you can find out but another step as I punter I find a pain in the arse.

There probably should have been a dummy site punters could have had a go at before the big launch but so is life and punters will keep on punting.

Ha ha. 

Yes, it does seem at times that it is a case of "Thank you very much for your kind donation" and then, blow me over with a four-leaf clover, three winners in a row.

Just keep hanging in there.

On 1/9/2019 at 1:08 PM, Rules For Some said:

I dont know why you are so "pyst". There are a few annoying bugs that need to be ironed out but all in all, its a vast improvement on that old joke of a website. if they can iron out the issues, it wont be that inferior to other betting sites

Chickens coming home to roost