RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
greyhoundfever

Paul Conner

You start by saying the rule has stood the test of time then that it has been changed every second year. Which one is your opinion?

The only rule that stood the test of time was he original, the rule that stands right now is an improvement on that as it allows young dogs a chance to gain experience and confidence before progressing. The rule that has just been changed defied logic and was an obstacle to worthy dogs gaining starts.

For as long as i remember, dogs got two bites at the cherry in C1, then about 3 yrs ago it was changed to only one. then it was reinstated back to two about 18 mths ago, now changed again to what it is now, two bites if on the way up, one if on the way down. You watch, next yr they will f#ck around with it again. Make up your mind.

You lack the understanding of what I'm saying so I will spell it out for you. All dogs need to be picked on form. This applys to the grade they compete in, so dogs in the C1 grade need to be picked on their current form. It doe's not matter wether its a dog thats slipped back from C5, or a dog thats been competing in C1, its the current form that should count as to wether it gets a start. What do you find confusing about that.

But you also want to give a dog no longer capable of competing at a higher level an advantage it logically does not deserve.

Perhaps an overhall of the whole grading system might have been the way to go. Maybe similar to oz maiden win then go to grade 5 and you win at that grade on all tracks before you go up at each track you win on, alter stake money lower at maiden higher when open class is reached, still keep breeding incentive races and first win bonus over the middle or longer distance, so you can win a sprint and not be penalised by not getting a breeding bonus.

No takers on this idea.

For as long as i remember, dogs got two bites at the cherry in C1, then about 3 yrs ago it was changed to only one. then it was reinstated back to two about 18 mths ago, now changed again to what it is now, two bites if on the way up, one if on the way down. You watch, next yr they will f#ck around with it again. Make up your mind.

From day one years it was one win. I think Brian Hunt may have been instrumental in getting it changed.

It has not been changed back to one win fullstop just one win for dogs retreating from a higher grade as common sense says it should. I think it will stay this way. Do you want another pint that it will not change next year?

Now have a nana nap and think before you put your finger on a key.

you are so wrong john , it only came in at the conference , at , auckland . held at the centra hotel . i was delegate , and i can tell you who put the remit forward , as we voted on it there and it was passed and then ratified , and made a rule 12 months later .

you only ever won 1 race in any grade , even sweep stake , races up to class 2 you still only was allowed 1 unless you was running out noms

christ when i started , you couldnt even get a non tote or , a decent race , unless you was class 2 at mount smart ,

you had to win maiden , sweep stake and , a class 1 sweep stake , and get to class 2 to even warrant getting a start ,on the holy turff ,of mount smart

but im getting old now

ray adcock ,,,, come to my defence

,lol

you are so wrong john , it only came in at the conference , at , auckland . held at the centra hotel . i was delegate , and i can tell you who put the remit forward , as we voted on it there and it was passed and then ratified , and made a rule 12 months later .

you only ever won 1 race in any grade , even sweep stake , races up to class 2 you still only was allowed 1 unless you was running out noms

christ when i started , you couldnt even get a non tote or , a decent race , unless you was class 2 at mount smart ,

you had to win maiden , sweep stake and , a class 1 sweep stake , and get to class 2 to even warrant getting a start ,on the holy turff ,of mount smart

but im getting old now

ray adcock ,,,, come to my defence

,lol

christ when i started , you couldnt even get a non tote or , a decent race , unless you was class 2 Yep and the c1 races were at some tote meetings but rarely unless the grader had a m8 who wanted one hmm did i say that lol sorry Tony cheers Jim

From day one years it was one win. I think Brian Hunt may have been instrumental in getting it changed.

It has not been changed back to one win fullstop just one win for dogs retreating from a higher grade as common sense says it should. I think it will stay this way. Do you want another pint that it will not change next year?

Now have a nana nap and think before you put your finger on a key.

I stand by what i said. This rule has been f#cked around backwards and forwards for the last 3yrs. And longlost, i'm not talking about days of sweepstakes, i'm refering to recent history, not last century. And Mike i don't need a nana nap, and i do think quiet clearly. Shame you have to be a smart ase.

I stand by what i said. This rule has been f#cked around backwards and forwards for the last 3yrs. And longlost, i'm not talking about days of sweepstakes, i'm refering to recent history, not last century. And Mike i don't need a nana nap, and i do think quiet clearly. Shame you have to be a smart ase.

You are taking this whole thing far too seriously.

Remember we are all here for a very short while and when we are gone it will not be long when no one will remember we have been here. It just aint worth wasting your precious energy and emotions on something of such little consequence.

If it will make you feel better I hearby state you are a jolly fine chap, with a vast knowledge of the sport of greyhound racing who just happened to get the facts wrong on this occasion.

You are taking this whole thing far too seriously.

Remember we are all here for a very short while and when we are gone it will not be long when no one will remember we have been here. It just aint worth wasting your precious energy and emotions on something of such little consequence.

If it will make you feel better I hearby state you are a jolly fine chap, with a vast knowledge of the sport of greyhound racing who just happened to get the facts wrong on this occasion.

hahaha......yep that should clear it up Mr Martin

Well I for one totally agree with everything Mr Goode has said heaven help me....dogs with good form deserve a start where-ever and whenever they race.

And a lot of the dogs racing in C1 are their as a last resort being realistic, and if they get the chance to go around every week without denying the dogs coming thru the grades a start there is nothing wrong with that.

By these dogs going up to c2 not only will they not get starts but a lot will not be persevered with as racing propositions.

Just like to know, how you all are going with the SIP? This was 2yrs ago.

Bev

pretty much we are all going bankrupt, thanks to the incompetence of the NZGRA and their inability to sort anything out to address the dire need for either more meetings or another track in Canterbury, let alone sort out this ridiculous selection policy.  Thats ok they are sweet in the north so what do they care?! Not much apparently, keep your heads in the sand and everyone will be without jobs. Trainers in Canterbury are in a stranglehold with a regional rep that is not interested in representing them or fronting up, a board that wont take responsibility for the mess down here and clubs that dont listen to them. Come down for a holiday and enjoy the ambience.

Diana Roberts (soon to be ex-trainer)

pretty much we are all going bankrupt, thanks to the incompetence of the NZGRA and their inability to sort anything out to address the dire need for either more meetings or another track in Canterbury, let alone sort out this ridiculous selection policy.  Thats ok they are sweet in the north so what do they care?! Not much apparently, keep your heads in the sand and everyone will be without jobs. Trainers in Canterbury are in a stranglehold with a regional rep that is not interested in representing them or fronting up, a board that wont take responsibility for the mess down here and clubs that dont listen to them. Come down for a holiday and enjoy the ambience.

Diana Roberts (soon to be ex-trainer)

one of the best post i have in a read in long time

yeah why on earth are there not extra race meetings there?? does anyone have a good reason why theres not?? i would like to migrate down south for a bit but already moaning week in week out about noming 6 dogs a race meeting up here and quiet often getting none in!!

I believe its got to go through the racing board and I'm pretty sure the gallops and harness don't want to lose anymore of their share with an extra greyhound meetings. We have an extra meeting on a Tuesday over winter but that's about it.