RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
departed

Stakes and turnover

This article confirms what I have been saying for years.  Betting turnover and stakes are inextricably linked.

https://www.racing.com/news/2019-01-06/comment-cool-heads-needed-in-track-debate

NZ desperately needs to open up betting to bookmakers to increase punter interest and give them a choice.  The bland product offered by the NZ TAB turns punters away, and with it, turnover.  Without that you cannot have a healthy level of stakesmoney.

Messara missed a golden opportunity.  It is not about having all weather tracks or closing tracks down.  It is about giving punters something to bet on and giving them options.  Victoria has a track in just about every town and picnic meetings attract 3000-4000 people on a Saturday.  Even the picnic meetings have stakes of $4000.  Maiden races in the country are $23,000.

This matter needs to be addressed urgently. What is being proposed is just shifting the deckchairs on the Titanic.  The ship is going down fast.  Time to act, people.

3 hours ago, blackcaviar56 said:

Apparently all's good according to David Ellis's quote yesterday on the nztr news under his Karaka Preview.

" I don't think it's any secret that from August 1 our stake money in New Zealand will dramatically improve"

I'm obviously not up with the news!!

Always amusing how these secrets get spilt at Sales time.

9 hours ago, blackcaviar56 said:

Apparently all's good according to David Ellis's quote yesterday on the nztr news under his Karaka Preview.

" I don't think it's any secret that from August 1 our stake money in New Zealand will dramatically improve"

I'm obviously not up with the news!!

I think a couple questions if thinking of investing might be  " you say dramatically improved stake money , quantify that with a figure " secondly " back it up with evidence " . Thirdly " if the improvement in stake money you confidently predict does not occur what discount fees wise can you put into the contract ?  .

I think I would put any syndicate organiser under the pump with questions such as those should they decide to pull that pie in sky stakemoney dream during the bargaining process , plus of course detail the costs for a horse when spelling .

Syndicates provide a lot of fun for people , good on the people running them but for me no one's gets cash without laying it all out , no different to car salespeople spinning a yarn.