RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

New FOB and Shutdown

4 minutes ago, shodsie said:

phantom...... you do realize that sports betting has basically been outsourced there is no bookie there changing odds etc?? no point having bet365 odds open now as they are irrelevant

I'm talking about in play. And if what you say is true regarding the pre game then they have some MASSIVE bugs to iron out. I've watched lines remained unchanged for hours while the rest of the world moves...

1 minute ago, Phantom said:

I'm talking about in play. And if what you say is true regarding the pre game then they have some MASSIVE bugs to iron out. I've watched lines remained unchanged for hours while the rest of the world moves...

Isn't that a big part of the problem if they want to remove the arbitrage opportunities? It doesn't seem to have changed with the new platform.

3 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Isn't that a big part of the problem if they want to remove the arbitrage opportunities? It doesn't seem to have changed with the new platform.

Exactly. I watched massive arb opportunities sit there for hours on the day of one recent major US sports event. Not only that, they have bumped the limits up to win 4k on most options whereas before you're lucky if you could get 500 on most of them. It's an absolute recipe for disaster. 

1 minute ago, Phantom said:

Exactly. I watched massive arb opportunities sit there for hours on the day of one recent major US sports event. Not only that, they have bumped the limits up to win 4k on most options whereas before you're lucky if you could get 500 on most of them. It's an absolute recipe for disaster. 

I haven't spent a lot of time watching the sports markets yet but that was my initial observation. Unless they sort it out, it looks to me like they will be losing more than they were before .... albeit $50m later. Is there no-one there that can see this and sort it?

1 minute ago, Leggy said:

I haven't spent a lot of time watching the sports markets yet but that was my initial observation. Unless they sort it out, it looks to me like they will be losing more than they were before .... albeit $50m later. Is there no-one there that can see this and sort it?

Excellent question. It's not exactly rocket science.

12 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Excellent question. It's not exactly rocket science.

I don't understand why the automation hasn't fixed this. I know you know a lot more about this than I do Phantom. Some of these spreads sit there for hours from the few games I've been watching on the side. If I had time I could sit there and make a good living until they ban or restrict me. What gives? Have BF/PP taken them for a $50m ride and they were not smart enough to catch it?

5 minutes ago, Leggy said:

I don't understand why the automation hasn't fixed this. I know you know a lot more about this than I do Phantom. Some of these spreads sit there for hours from the few games I've been watching on the side. If I had time I could sit there and make a good living until they ban or restrict me. What gives? Have BF/PP taken them for a $50m ride and they were not smart enough to catch it?

Hopefully from their perspective these are just teething problems. The alternative doesn't really bear thinking about - from their perspective at least!

3 hours ago, LightsOut said:

While I am still not happy with some of the new Betting Platform web site layout it was very pleasing to see John Allen in The Informant acknowledging that they are addressing their customers issues and working through them eg a single page scratching list for all of the days meetings.  If you are critical on a company or organisation regarding its performance then it's only fair to be positive when they do things right. As a PR exercise the message from the CEO was a step in the right direction by keeping the NZRB's customers well informed. 

How pathetic John Allen involving himself in scratchings. Its a 10 minute job for a programmer to design a page.Hopefully its not a pdf and is responsive to late scratchings.

John Allen should be explaining where and how the $50 million has been spent. As the platform appears the standard OpenBet one already operated by a number of bookies therefore it wasn't built from scratch. It would appear the overseas OpenBet software developers are very reluctant to put features previously accepted by the NZ punters. On that score there may possibly be friction down in Petone.

The best step John Allen can take is resign.

I'd ask him , right you've got a new website . It's always going to have few teething troubles but it looks bit average in content. It must return 50 mill extra plus some to make it worthwhile , are you sure it will ?

In an ailing industry with many problems did the racing leaders consider other uses for 50 mill ? I'd suggest better training of  young jockeys, cleaning birdshit off seating once a year on course,  upskilling  ground staff , getting out to career fairs , getting into under privileged areas and identifying those kids that can be helped by a job in racing like other racing schools around the world . The uses of 50 mill in industry in the cack is endless.

5 hours ago, HarryHindsight said:

Good to see John Allen at the races . He is probably right , they will get it sorted .

Even though his less than measured delivery, dribbling at speed, confirmed a startled incompetent. Reminded me of Phil Twyford.

As for that germ Guerin asking Popplewell and Sweeney what they thought of the new platform--what else could the suckered employees say but to be positive about it. Cosy.

9 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

Even though his less than measured delivery, dribbling at speed, confirmed a startled incompetent. Reminded me of Phil Twyford.

As for that germ Guerin asking Popplewell and Sweeney what they thought of the new platform--what else could the suckered employees say but to be positive about it. Cosy.

I take it dribbling at speed weren't  the good dribbling at speed like Messi but a stumbling for words rambling dribbling at speed.

4 hours ago, rdytdy said:

Go and ask him why they no longer display option numbers. 

Option numbers have been random . They are in the xml file. Not everyones cup of tea but they should have a program built to take advantage of all their xml feeds.

I can do it for less than 50 mill. Even a simple spreadsheet would be useful for some. You can no longer get the FF pricing but Pari Pool is there.

http://xml.tab.co.nz/schedule/2019-01-19/4/1

On 1/18/2019 at 11:23 AM, Phantom said:

They outsourced the whole lot mate not just pre match. You do realise that don’t you? If the prices are stale why don’t you take advantage then?

12 hours ago, chevy86 said:

Where is the race "stake" hiding in the new format, or has it been discarded?

Not 1 bookie over here, including the TAB display stakes so clearly they don’t see it as important. Why do you want to see it? You only bet if the purse is over a certain level?