RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

New FOB and Shutdown

5 minutes ago, Dockers said:

Anyone know how to check will pays for quaddies?

You have to go into the meeting and click on the quaddie tab above the race numbers, you then go into a leg of the quaddie and then it should show a box next to the amount in the pool that says will pays. 

18 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Click on Early or Late Quaddie box...last race will have "Will pays" ...click on that for payouts.

Wasn’t yesterday you got the wills pays by clicking on the First leg not the last leg .

12 hours ago, puha said:

So if Winston implements his materplan and outsources the TAB dies that mean the 30 million just spent on upgrading the system has been wasted ?I for one wouldn’t like to see out TAB outsourced .

good question Puha.

Caught up with a previous NZRB Board member late last year and we discussed all things racing. He sat as a Director on the NZRB when the decision to run with the new platform got the green light. His one question to other Board Members ( and the CEO) at that time was...."will this new platform be able to interface with another betting platform should the TAB be outsourced?"

It was a too hard question as no one on the NZRB board ( and the CEO) had any software expertise. His question went unanswered.....

1 minute ago, We're Doomed said:

I will add the only positive comment on here. The picture quality is incredibly good watching the racing on my computer. Other than that, I largely do find the new format quite painful and not user friendly. I got bored and gave up on Saturday after a few bets.

Not much point having great picture quality if you can't get a farking bet on is there....?? :rolleyes:

Why dont they  give the US stuff a miss this week and the boffins work like mad from close racing night before until say 2 hours before domestic racing starts till weekend and get these issues cracked . Iam sure it can be sorted to a degree of satisfaction to most  and get a team working on sorting out accounts locked out , and  think about some "how to do " type powerpoints or videos. It will be a real bugger if its not sorted. Sometimes an  organisation or team in strife  needs a short breather then crack on hard.

1 hour ago, We're Doomed said:

I will add the only positive comment on here. The picture quality is incredibly good watching the racing on my computer. Other than that, I largely do find the new format quite painful and not user friendly. I got bored and gave up on Saturday after a few bets.

Me too! :rolleyes: Agree the quality of the online watch & bet is the best improvement so far. Much of the rest is ....:rcf-poo::rcf-poo::rcfe-dislike:

If the comments here are anything to go by, instead of enticing customers BACK to the NZ TAB,  the new site might instead actually increase and accelerate the amount of "leakage" to somewhere near the pie in sky BS numbers John Allen and Glenda Hughes used to try to convince the govt to pass their equally pie in the sky BS legislation. I wonder what Thad would have said to his boss had the rollout actually been halfway decent?

40 minutes ago, Phantom said:

If the comments here are anything to go by, instead of enticing customers BACK to the NZ TAB,  the new site might instead actually increase and accelerate the amount of "leakage" to somewhere near the pie in sky BS numbers John Allen and Glenda Hughes used to try to convince the govt to pass their equally pie in the sky BS legislation. I wonder what Thad would have said to his boss had the rollout actually been halfway decent?

I keep forgetting Glenda is still there, you never hear from her. What does she actually do? Does anyone with any inside knowledge know if she knows anything about racing or contributes anything useful to the industry?

4 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

I keep forgetting Glenda is still there, you never hear from her. What does she actually do? Does anyone with any inside knowledge know if she knows anything about racing or contributes anything useful to the industry?

Biggest mystery is why Glenda and John are still there. Anyone in their position with an ounce of integrity would have resigned. A five year old child could have figured this OpenBet/Paddypower thing was total bu** @@@@.

So called more mature sources eg. Delloites  https://www.odt.co.nz/sport/racing/nzrb-head-hits-out-criticism-deloitte-report  had their say but no  Glenda and John would not listen. Where were the  super business brains such as Vela, Lyndsay, Hickman in all of this?? Much more likely they would be listened than some of us here on Racecafe. 

Winston Peters if he has any nous must sack Hughes and in turn ask Allen to go without severence pay. This as was easily predicted is a DISASTER.

I was having a discussion with a regular NZ  buyer and racehorse owner today and he confided in me that “NZ Racing is stuffed”. So much so, he’s not buying at Karaka this year. He said that the cost of racing has not been matched by increases in Stakes. The only thing that has increased is NZTR’s costs. He’s out. A shame.

7 hours ago, Trump said:

I was having a discussion with a regular NZ  buyer and racehorse owner today and he confided in me that “NZ Racing is stuffed”. So much so, he’s not buying at Karaka this year. He said that the cost of racing has not been matched by increases in Stakes. The only thing that has increased is NZTR’s costs. He’s out. A shame.

Hard to disagree with him, they need to do something soon and that ain't selling up racecourses , but as they say you'll get very little useful out of NZTR.

8 hours ago, THE TORCH said:

Lol!!!!! This TAB are a joke. How do morons out there defend them??? And Thad boasted that the silence was deafening. Mmmmmmm. Muppet.

Both NZTR and NZRB need new blood in both organisations, they have very little idea about the punt, ownership breeding or racing for that matter its a sad state of affairs.

Tried to put a cricket bet on last night. Game in play even though I wasn't watching it.

Odds were 1.90 for India. Every time I went to accept odds it sent changed odds  message with a lower price. 3 attempts later in an ensuing 50 seconds and the price was 1.80.

Given this was a 50 over match the local.monopoly.was clearly taking the piss- again.

First job today is to close account which I've had for 40 odd years. No more of this nonsense  for me. I'm wondering how hard they will make it for me .

9 hours ago, Trump said:

Sad part is he probably won't be alone Trumpy....

52 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

Tried to put a cricket bet on last night. Game in play even though I wasn't watching it.

Odds were 1.90 for India. Every time I went to accept odds it sent changed odds  message with a lower price. 3 attempts later in an ensuing 50 seconds and the price was 1.80.

Given this was a 50 over match the local.monopoly.was clearly taking the piss- again.

First job today is to close account which I've had for 40 odd years. No more of this nonsense  for me. I'm wondering how hard they will make it for me .

I’ve found similar the odds are changing to quick it’s hard to get a bet on  at the odds displayed .

2 hours ago, puha said:

I’ve found similar the odds are changing to quick it’s hard to get a bet on  at the odds displayed .

It would appear NZTAB still have control on pricing from Paddy Power. It should be possible for them to build a degree of tolerance before changing the price. The paranoia is evidenced from this old quote from John Allen

"The main financial benefit for the TAB will come from calculating odds automatically, rather than manually.

That will reduce the opportunity for foreign punters to engage in "arbitrage" to take advantage of TAB mispricing.

"We still control the betting strategy and ultimately the pricing approach that we want to take."