RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

New FOB and Shutdown

Considering John Magness owns several large tech product stores as well as supplying the racing industry for many years you couldn't say he isn't tech savvy or progessive. Yet he was scathing on the radio about the TAB not only the new website but about other decisions the TAB has made.

Seems he just might give the punt up just can't hack the "new" website.

5 hours ago, Pam Robson said:

My 'reply'  took two days...gave me nonsensical advice,  which, when I followed - to the letter - got my account locked again.

'Nonsensical'  -   what a lovely word.

I have made it Word Of The Week.  Sorry Pam there's no prize, merely my admiration  :)

i heard magness on the radio the other day complaining that retail outlets closed early on new years eve effecting auckland trots turnover .........  if the tab put $1000 in his account every morning he would still moan....... 

tab customers have demanded change for years now, websites outdated,sports options always suspended,cant do withdrawals online,not enough sports options the list could go on and on.......

they finally get the change they have demanded and what happens everyone seems too want the old site back......... 

now it hasn't been perfect or a smooth transition but for me personally apart form a few annoying things i have got my bets on without too much drama.........

you can never please everybody but i'm sure when people get used too it, and the design/tech faults get fixed we have an improved service that is too the benefit too us all........

you get the feeling some people cant go too bed each night with out feeling offended by the tab in some way..........

1 hour ago, shodsie said:

i heard magness on the radio the other day complaining that retail outlets closed early on new years eve effecting auckland trots turnover .........  if the tab put $1000 in his account every morning he would still moan....... 

tab customers have demanded change for years now, websites outdated,sports options always suspended,cant do withdrawals online,not enough sports options the list could go on and on.......

they finally get the change they have demanded and what happens everyone seems too want the old site back......... 

now it hasn't been perfect or a smooth transition but for me personally apart form a few annoying things i have got my bets on without too much drama.........

you can never please everybody but i'm sure when people get used too it, and the design/tech faults get fixed we have an improved service that is too the benefit too us all........

you get the feeling some people cant go too bed each night with out feeling offended by the tab in some way..........

What a load of illogical bullocks.

If the TAB placed $1000 by mistake into an account I certainly would hope the recipient would be honest and complain. You obviously wouldn't.

No one involved in racing asked for more sports betting options. The backend of TAB betting may have been getting outdated didn't mean the OpenBet front end needed to be copied for New Zealand. Problem being by adding the tote functions it has made it difficult and confusing. The Sportsbet site has the basic OpenBet/PaddyPower format but by not including tote betting is much simpler and quicker. Now that I am familiar with OpenBet I might as well migrate to SportsBet. Daresay many others will do the same.

NZTAB has lost many of its loyal customers just wonder the business acumen of people like John Allen, Glenda Hughes and the wannabe cohorts

you may not like it slam dunk but without sports betting returns racing would be running for ribbon and a photo on the wall the nzrb had no choice but too invest in a new sports betting platform........ 

i beg too differ that it is difficult and confusing but thats my opinion....

anyway plenty out there smarter than me when it comes too the tech sort of stuff all i am saying i get the feeling many would complain regardless of what was released.......

happy punting 

Can someone out there in Racecafeland make Mrs Cubes happy and tell her how to make a bet of 3 over 17 i.e. 3 bucks the win and 17 dollaroes the place before she has a kanipshin ?

The Cubemeister's wife once read a book on bettingness statisticsness and found out that was the go

In the old system one went 3/17 and then pushed submit bet

Stranded here at a wedding in Little Akaloa (get out your atlas quid-for-kilo) .

SOS...need help

cubes click or push on both the win and place box of the runner you want, if your on your mobile then down too my bets push on that, both bets should come up enter you stake in the boxes and place bet then accept bet....... if your on a tablet or laptop when you click the runners win and place box bets will be appear add your stake too each then place bet and then accept....... have a crack at that.......

Just now, shodsie said:

puha ......will pays just click on quadi will pays link appears just beside the closing pool......... 

Just been told to click on the first leg where as it’s logical to be shown on the relevant leg the last . Anyway clicked on the will pays and it says No pool available.

1 hour ago, Cubes said:

Can someone out there in Racecafeland make Mrs Cubes happy and tell her how to make a bet of 3 over 17 i.e. 3 bucks the win and 17 dollaroes the place before she has a kanipshin ?

The Cubemeister's wife once read a book on bettingness statisticsness and found out that was the go

In the old system one went 3/17 and then pushed submit bet

Stranded here at a wedding in Little Akaloa (get out your atlas quid-for-kilo) .

SOS...need help

So tell me where we need complicated TAB websites?

One can scan a simple racebook, form or page, have the phone app translate it into a bet then just press CONFIRM/SEND.

The page or form would have qrcodes, bar codes and the app  read ones own handwriting. Could even read your voice. Simpler and far quicker than touchtone. Let the banks supply the financial account infrastucture.

The point is modern technology should mean the middleman ie. TAB is not necessary. Just the racing club and the punter. NZTR or the relevant body could show all the information needed including odds.

anyway plenty out there smarter than me when it comes too the tech sort of stuff all i am saying i get the feeling many would complain regardless of what was released.......

happy punting

Shodsie obviously you don't know many punters and thank God you don't work for the TAB as there are enough marketing and management already there clueless like you on what punters need and except to receive from a betting organisation. I have had at least a dozen long time punting mates go off about the new site and what a total disaster it is and only a couple normally moan when things go wrong for them. A few are elderly people and a couple said the same thing "phonebet gone, Trackside free to air gone and now a betting site they can comfortably use gone  ' so you know what they said they are 'gone'. One said after 50 years of punting the TAB has cured him. I told them to open an account overseas but they said lost interest  and have had enough. That's a few past loyal customers with years of punting gone, they don't get replaced. 

As for saying 'happy punting' that's the best sarcastic comment I have read or heard yet.

On 1/11/2019 at 8:17 PM, shodsie said:

its very easy click both the win and place box on your selected runner and then enter the stakes you want too bet for the win and place , for a 5ew or 3ew etc just click on win box and gives you a option too go ew click that box and bobs your uncle............

they have fixed a lot of the faults already and also the design faults, there are plenty more to go but once you get the hang of it, its quick and easy and will be an improvement lets just hope it delivers in the long term.............

I just don’t get the overnight change with no education . Why not follow overseas sites and have a live chat (text)  on a help desk instead of a ph service you can’t get through on . What does piss me off though is when you open the website you are bombarded with American bloody sports odds .Once you look around their is some good stuff but it’s like the blind leading the blind.Needs to be simplified to succeed . Why in the world would you treat your loyal customers this way ? 

puha....... i totally agree they have 2 TV channels a facebook platform and youtube platform too get too customers but they didn't, a 30 min or 1 hour show on how too use the site would of helped surely ........... i sat down with my mum today not overly computer savvy but after an hour she got the hang of her $1 doubles easybet trifectas all ups she had it all under control.

i have got a fairly big list of things i think can be improved and in a few weeks if they haven't been altered i will bring these up with the elite guys or the GM customer and i'm sure they can get things more user friendly and make a lot more people happier than they are now......

i just spent a few days away recently with some large punters nearly all agreed that the sports side of things is now where it needs to be (i don't bet sports but i was pleased too hear it) and we all had the general consensus that although some obvious design faults they could work with it in the mean time..

i really hope in a few weeks time, mum and dad punters ,casual/series punters and everyone in between are all happy or happier time will tell..............

i got the feeling in the mean time a tab flag waver isn't going to be winning any keyboard battles so i will be leaving it at this.........

all the best shods.......

I've been grappling with the new site since it was launched. When it's not telling me "Oops...something went wrong" as an error message or the Extended Form goes to a blank page then  I'm clicking many more times to get information which I used to get in one or two clicks. I'm betting turnover will be taking a hit because of all the frustrated would-be punters out there.  And it's full ofn frustrations. Take the results. You used to be able to click on the results of a meeting and you could scroll down them and now I seemingly have to click on each individual result.  Has anyone discovered a way of getting all the results on one screen please?

At Nelson I wanted to take an All Up on thr4ee of Blair Orange's drives (he won four on the day) and it kept defaulting to an earlier race every time I clicked on All Up and not only that but the tote odds disappeared at the same time. There were only fixed odds showing every time I clicked on the All Up button. I got hold of one of the bookies at the TAB and he had the same problems and then announced "It appears that we are not doing All Ups anymore". So only Multis then at the reduced fixed odds!  The fact that he hadn't even been told of no more All Ups tends to suggest the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Communication with punters has been sadly lacking. 

It's looks OK on the surface/interface but its functionality for bettors is not user-friendly and details are sadly lacking or hidden (as with the silly "Best Bets" button they originally had which was in fact a link to the "Extended Form").

I realise with all new websites there will be "teething problems" but this is far worse than that. There are really basic fundamental  betting things missing. It' has all the design of an IT nerd.developer, with no understanding of racing, being given a free hand to create what is looking increasingly like an exercise in frustration for users. Did they ever think to actually get some users in and ask what they wanted before they built this dog's breakfast.

When you look at the overseas websites (in the UK for instance) there are pull down menus which give students of form a wealth of information all at the click of the button. Think professional. When I look at this new "exciting" TAB site I just think "amateur".  The sooner Winston does the decent thing and stops this monopoly the better (for the bettor) for my money.

You could tell that Des Coppins was struggling with finding results big time today when he was trying valiantly to update bettors on races run several minutes before. He'd say ""We'll have to come back for the exotic results later".  It must have been embarrassing for such a professional as Des.

I think it’s time for Winston and the prime minister,(that we would gladly swap ours for yours in Aussie ) to step in   I can’t believe how you could change something so good whith out consulting the users I.e. the punters owners and trainers Ted has the answer nzraceing or LoveRacing.nz as it is now for form only problem for me is I like to see the betting in previous races ie 7/10. 1/1 and so on unless I am on the wrong page any how good luck with it

So if Winston implements his materplan and outsources the TAB dies that mean the 30 million just spent on upgrading the system has been wasted ?I for one wouldn’t like to see out TAB outsourced .

9 hours ago, colx said:

I think it’s time for Winston and the prime minister,(that we would gladly swap ours for yours in Aussie ) to step in   I can’t believe how you could change something so good whith out consulting the users I.e. the punters owners and trainers Ted has the answer nzraceing or LoveRacing.nz as it is now for form only problem for me is I like to see the betting in previous races ie 7/10. 1/1 and so on unless I am on the wrong page any how good luck with it

Colx.

The loveracing site (NZTR) shows the horse's actual starting price. eg

eg Look at R2 at Rotorua on Wednesday number 9 Raz. Click on the horse's name and up pops a box with all the horses statistics including breeding, ownership trainer stats and a breakdown of her trial and two starts including video replays of the trial and races on the right hand side. As mentioned it does show you the starting price eg last start at Matamata she was paying $5.80.

You state that you like to see what a horse was in the betting ie 4/4  3/7 etc etc but that doesn't tell you a hell of a lot because for example a horse at 5/5 in the betting could be at $5.00 or  $15.00. so it could have been a very even competitive field with a narrow market or the price blown out by a hot favourite.

On the loveracingsite for that Matamata race click on the name of the race eg K R Bell Electrical 1200 and up pops the complete full result of that race with all the dividends displayed for all the runners and you can see the relative dividends giving you a very accurate picture of the betting at the jump for the race being a much better picture than 4/4 etc. However you can clearly see she started third favourite. 

Cheers. 

Puha the TAB is already getting out sourced with Paddy Power handling the sports side of their betting. No doubt they get paid by the number of sporting options on offer so they will be looking to introduce as many as they can to earn more money to keep their UK shareholders happy. I would say more money on any increase in sports betting will be going to them than the NZ Racing Industry.  

Shodsie you go from a few to fairly big in a day o things to be improved upon. 

now it hasn't been perfect or a smooth transition but for me personally apart form a few annoying things i have got my bets on without too much drama

i have got a fairly big list of things i think can be improved and in a few weeks if they haven't been altered i will bring these up with the elite guys or the GM customer and i'm sure they can get things more user friendly and make a lot more people happier than they are now.....

i will bring these up with the elite guys or the GM customer and i'm sure they can get things more user friendly and make a lot more people happier than they are now......

I must say you are the master of sarcasm. To get things right to start with the General management have to be user friendly and your own comments about their lack of using various tools to educate their customers just proves how much out of reality they really are.  Come on Winstone get stage 2 into motion

Has dramatically changed my punting experience,  not for the better either.

There is no such thing as 'option numbers' anymore, not on the online platform anyway.

I don't have a TAB acc, it's because I'm an 'old school' retail customer that I've been shafted.

No more sorting out my sports multi/bet slips at home, I can't even go in store and fill out my betslip using my device anymore, you've got to get your option numbers off the self service screen, far from ideal.. I've phoned the help desk and had all this confirmed, my particular M.O has been shafted.

Oh well I'll just get with the times and get fully online but not with the NZ TAB. Pffft "upping their game" my arse, just trying to catch up only about 10 years behind.

Judging by the comments on here, the disgruntled punters, the number that have given up and / or gone elsewhere, if this is typical of the response Nationwide then we should be worried. That Messara report seems to become more irrelevant by the day....:rolleyes: