RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

New FOB and Shutdown

Went to Trentham fields and clicked on "Extended Form" for Race 1.

Its shows the form of Equinox as 6760X. So I was going to ignore it for my selections, but when you go back to the main page which shows the divvies etc its actually having its 1st start for Jamie Richards and is a $1.90 shot.... WTF.

…. and another muck up.

Using Trentham Race 7 No 2 L:incoln Star (as an example).

Form from the main screen says its Career is:   11: 2-3-3-1 so you'd obviously expect its starts and placings on  FAST, GOOD, DEAD, SLOW and HEAVY tracks to add up and equal its Career starts...… but oh no it doesn't.   But then if you go on to the EXTENDED FORM page it adds up okay.

33 minutes ago, ivanthegreat said:

Don't expect dear old Des to do anything other than "appease".

He runs with the foxes and hunts with the hounds , probably HAS to work to pay for gambling losses , who else continues to work at 69 or 70 when they could sit back in the recliner and get stuck in to all those race selections. ?

To be fair he is a pretty decent form man imho , I really respect his race analysis  but as a hard hitting journo asking hard questions his punch wouldn't break out  of wet paper bag , mind you nil hard hitting racing journos here absolutely piss weak. Don't bit hand that feeds I suppose.

Ponderosa8 there was a previous Equinox foaled in 1989 by Northern Zephyr. That formline belongs to him! What a total joke. Absolute disaster this new betting platform. Repecharge of the equally disastrous Typhoon System!

39 minutes ago, ivanthegreat said:

He runs with the foxes and hunts with the hounds , probably HAS to work to pay for gambling losses , who else continues to work at 69 or 70 when they could sit back in the recliner and get stuck in to all those race selections. ?

I mean for godsakes one question has any journo asked ' tell me turnover last two weeks this year compared to  last year " . It's way down for sure so follow up ' will this affect STAKES ! " . then roll from there .

13 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Ponderosa8 there was a previous Equinox foaled in 1989 by Northern Zephyr. That formline belongs to him! What a total joke. Absolute disaster this new betting platform. Repecharge of the equally disastrous Typhoon System!

The same happened before the new and improved system as well. 

31 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

I mean for godsakes one question has any journo asked ' tell me turnover last two weeks this year compared to  last year " . It's way down for sure so follow up ' will this affect STAKES ! " . then roll from there .

The hold will be down too. Just as many if not more pricing errors as there were when they were doing it themselves. Another question. If the turnover does drop markedly instead of increasing, will they get rid of Allen. (and/.or Hughes). Their Race Fields Legislation didnt eventuate, now they are saying this new platform will be the springboard to take the TAB into the 21st centuy, albeit 20 years too late. So if that doesn't prove to be the case, having spent however many millions, will the Board say enough is enough? 

28 minutes ago, Phantom said:

The hold will be down too. Just as many if not more pricing errors as there were when they were doing it themselves. Another question. If the turnover does drop markedly instead of increasing, will they get rid of Allen. (and/.or Hughes). Their Race Fields Legislation didnt eventuate, now they are saying this new platform will be the springboard to take the TAB into the 21st centuy, albeit 20 years too late. So if that doesn't prove to be the case, having spent however many millions, will the Board say enough is enough? 

Sadly Phantom the industry I think is in deep deep shit way over its head with no one of any ability to dig it out. Swimming against a torrent pinning hopes on begging money out of government and us the taxpayer , it's quite frankly unpleasant to see rich people begging in newsprint when they cannot get their shit sorted and then read stories of lack of cancer funding and the like. It annoys the shit out of me. My retirement plans were go racing when I liked , regular trips to track , no work worries but I guess might need to be a frequent flyer . I am really losing interest in our home stuff . I mainly punt Australia and UK and go racing those places  more than here now . Still enjoy GN carnival and Mile day Riccarton , Coast circuit and NY and Xmas racing but rest quite honestly bores me. 

Was horse here few years back Oh Romeo it was called here , hosed up in first two races and sort horse as racing fan I'd gone to track to see and looked forward to it , raced HK last week and as usual poor bugger hauling itself around the Valley chasing shadows. Mega Heart it's called there , just another horse now.

When best gets sold , economic reality sadly it makes it a borefest . Roll on Aussie autumn. It's a bloody shame , hope I am totally wrong and racing bounces back here.

4 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Sadly Phantom the industry I think is in deep deep shit way over its head with no one of any ability to dig it out. Swimming against a torrent pinning hopes on begging money out of government and us the taxpayer , it's quite frankly unpleasant to see rich people begging in newsprint when they cannot get their shit sorted and then read stories of lack of cancer funding and the like. It annoys the shit out of me. My retirement plans were go racing when I liked , regular trips to track , no work worries but I guess might need to be a frequent flyer . I am really losing interest in our home stuff . I mainly punt Australia and UK and go racing those places  more than here now . Still enjoy GN carnival and Mile day Riccarton , Coast circuit and NY and Xmas racing but rest quite honestly bores me. 

Was horse here few years back Oh Romeo it was called here , hosed up in first two races and sort horse as racing fan I'd gone to track to see and looked forward to it , raced HK last week and as usual poor bugger hauling itself around the Valley chasing shadows. Mega Heart it's called there , just another horse now.

When best gets sold , economic reality sadly it makes it a borefest . Roll on Aussie autumn. It's a bloody shame , hope I am totally wrong and racing bounces back here.

I hope you;re wrong too but I suspect you're 100% spot on. The biggest travesty though is that the company that was given a national monopoly on fixed odds betting now wants to palm it off to someone else because of their complete lack of competence. Its mind boggling that the board just accepts this. John Allen's statements about arbitrage punters are a complete smokescreen, just like Race Fields Legislation was. The fact is they effectively have a monopoly in a relatively affluent country which loves gambling especially now there are so many asians here. Instead of RFL what they should have done is asked the govt to restructure the legislation so they didn't have to give the sports so much if it impacts their profits. But to be honest it shouldn't,. they should be flying like all other well run betting companies are. Then again those companies don't have bankers or postmen or PR consultants running them.

9 minutes ago, Phantom said:

I hope you;re wrong too but I suspect you're 100% spot on. The biggest travesty though is that the company that was given a national monopoly on fixed odds betting now wants to palm it off to someone else because of their complete lack of competence. Its mind boggling that the board just accepts this. John Allen's statements about arbitrage punters are a complete smokescreen, just like Race Fields Legislation was. The fact is they effectively have a monopoly in a relatively affluent country which loves gambling especially now there are so many asians here. Instead of RFL what they should have done is asked the govt to restructure the legislation so they didn't have to give the sports so much if it impacts their profits. But to be honest it shouldn't,. they should be flying like all other well run betting companies are. Then again those companies don't have bankers or postmen or PR consultants running them.

You've got it in one , a monopoly that's a basket case basically . Punters have been gouged but now they have found the key to the world of odds boost and competition leading to promos that cannot be matched here .

3 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

You've got it in one , a monopoly that's a basket case basically . Punters have been gouged but now they have found the key to the world of odds boost and competition leading to promos that cannot be matched here .

They would still be killing it with only average management. Sadly they've always had appalling management, all the way back to Hickton. Only Jim Leitch had half a clue about betting. 

James MacDonald has 10 rides today at Ellerslie.!!!

Name:

James McDonald

Declared rides:

M2 R1
Runner:
Mongolian Marshal
M2 R2
Runner:
Maison Roxanne
M2 R4
Runner:
Aotea Lad
M2 R5
Runner:
Sleeping Beauty
M2 R6
Runner:
Long Leaf
M20 R1
Runner:
Mongolian Marshal
M20 R2
Runner:
Maison Roxanne
M20 R4
Runner:
Aotea Lad
M20 R5
Runner:
Sleeping Beauty
M20 R6
Runner:

Long Leaf

Why on earth show his 5 rides, and then show the same 5 rides for the PICK SIX (M20)

Just now, Ponderosa8 said:

James MacDonald has 10 rides today at Ellerslie.!!!

Name:

James McDonald

Declared rides:

M2 R1
Runner:
Mongolian Marshal
M2 R2
Runner:
Maison Roxanne
M2 R4
Runner:
Aotea Lad
M2 R5
Runner:
Sleeping Beauty
M2 R6
Runner:
Long Leaf
M20 R1
Runner:
Mongolian Marshal
M20 R2
Runner:
Maison Roxanne
M20 R4
Runner:
Aotea Lad
M20 R5
Runner:
Sleeping Beauty
M20 R6
Runner:

Long Leaf

Why on earth show his 5 rides, and then show the same 5 rides for the PICK SIX (M20)

Because they are clowns?

THe most vicious thing the TAB have done is remove the self imposed controls and settings. Not only removing them but not putting out any warning that they don't exist.

It has just wiped my account even after being careful. The jumbled mess meant I assumed the wrong bet and somehow added an extra zero to the amount. I am extremely annoyed. On Monday I will be making a complaint to the relevant gambling authority.

AS for the $50 million spent I really believe it should be referred to the Serious Fraud Office.

1 hour ago, slam dunk said:

THe most vicious thing the TAB have done is remove the self imposed controls and settings. Not only removing them but not putting out any warning that they don't exist.

It has just wiped my account even after being careful. The jumbled mess meant I assumed the wrong bet and somehow added an extra zero to the amount. I am extremely annoyed. On Monday I will be making a complaint to the relevant gambling authority.

AS for the $50 million spent I really believe it should be referred to the Serious Fraud Office.

I agree on both counts. For all their faults I have no reason to question to question the integrity of the current management team, but I do find it really curious, Wtf did they get for their 50 million? I can;t believe i would ever find myself saying this, but i actually like the old site better!

4 hours ago, ivanthegreat said:

Yes, you are not the first person to say the ole run with the foxes and hunt with the hounds line. It's clearly there to see, however I don't mind Desmond overall. He genuinely enjoys the industry and I think overall he does a pretty good job. It was actually one of his guests from the TAB last Sunday that offered to call me back anyway. Just wanted to know why the TAB app required access to one's media files, storage and some other bloody thing on my cell phone, before I could download the new app. I didn't download it in the end. There are too many creeps around these days, and I have worked in enforcement long enough to know that no industry is immune, especially IT departments! 

Funny how Ladbrokes Australia never asked for weird permission to perve on my photos on my phone when I signed up years ago. 

The NZ TAB head honchos are that far removed from reality from the punters it is a bloody disgrace. The staff at the coal face however, are doing an amazing job I found, and they deserve a pay increase, especially the staff at my local TAB. 

2 hours ago, Rusty said:

Yes, you are not the first person to say the ole run with the foxes and hunt with the hounds line. It's clearly there to see, however I don't mind Desmond overall. He genuinely enjoys the industry and I think overall he does a pretty good job. It was actually one of his guests from the TAB last Sunday that offered to call me back anyway. Just wanted to know why the TAB app required access to one's media files, storage and some other bloody thing on my cell phone, before I could download the new app. I didn't download it in the end. There are too many creeps around these days, and I have worked in enforcement long enough to know that no industry is immune, especially IT departments! 

Funny how Ladbrokes Australia never asked for weird permission to perve on my photos on my phone when I signed up years ago. 

The NZ TAB head honchos are that far removed from reality from the punters it is a bloody disgrace. The staff at the coal face however, are doing an amazing job I found, and they deserve a pay increase, especially the staff at my local TAB. 

I agree completely. But they will be the first ones shown  the door when the shit hits the fan, which it;s going to very soon. 

On 1/25/2019 at 6:51 PM, chevy86 said:

Just chilling with a rum and thought I would try and "explore" the new platform a little more as I really am a racing fan and love losing money on the horses. (punting, breeding and owning). Went to try an "all-up" on 2 races at Ellerslie tomorrow. Both paying double figures and entered them on my betslip via the fixed odds prices but concerned that it did not compute "potential winnings". Anyway pressed "place bets" and received a message saying "unable to place bet into pool ,or similar" ???? Rang the help desk and surprisingly got through. Asked fellow whether option was suspended, which he did not know, told him I was concerned it might be, due to no computation of potential win when it was based on fixed odds. His response was that winnings could not be assessed as it operated on "tote odds"! FFS--haven't we been conditioned in the last week that it now operates on fixed odds.Anyway he seemed a pleasant fellow but he didn't have a clue about what was going on.

The bet slip showed both horses, all up, and my bet amount so any advice on why my efforts may have failed would be appreciated. Be easier to learn Chinese than navigate this new platform.

I had exactly the same problem a week ago Chevy. No "potential winnings" operating at all. The young guy you spoke to was probably as confused as the rest of us. There aren't any  All Ups anymore. Yes there's a button there that says All Up but it offers fixed odds only - so it's a Multi which they now wrongly call an All Up. No doubt some IT geek designed this one.

9 hours ago, Ponderosa8 said:

The lack of form detail is astounding. I looked at some Golden Gate fields the other day and in the whole card there wasn't one form line over the eight races - not one. So I went to Golden Gate's website and Equibase and found the form and nearly every horse in every race had raced. If I could find it so easily then how come the TAB couldn't do the basics and provide it for their long-suffering customers?  Because they think we are mugs that's why and they treat us accordingly. They are asking punters to bet blind now. Why bother with form? At another meeting they had 3yos who supposedly hadn't raced for 1000 days - wow those foals must have hit the ground running!  Recently  I saw a McKee horse who had a form line saying it raced in  2005 despite not being born then. This is pathetic. These days we have 12nd instead of 12th in the form lines because of some IT glitch. Unbelievable level of ineptness in doing and providing the basics.  Amateurs in every sense of the word compared to many of their overseas counterparts. Today I went to watch the Magic Millions and halfway up the straight the live stream froze with a TAB error. This happens more since the new "improved" website. I've been involved in racing for 83% of my entire life and I love the industry but I now use the site less and less with every passing day because it's a huge exercise in frustration.  The corporate greedies are ruining sport everywhere in this country - to its ruination. Athletics NZ even has a policy of charging volunteer officials now to give up their free time to come and officiate at track, road and cross-country races and surprise, surprise they now can't get enough officials to run some meetings. They remind me of the TAB - biting the hand that feeds them.

Another wonderful feature of the new website is a bug which makes it roughly three times more difficult to get a bet on in play. I find that more than half the time I get a message saying "an unexpected (lol) error has occured, please check your pending transactions" - which is bad advice because 100% of the time when this message comes up the bet has NOT got on. The message should be "As expected, an error has occurred please try again or sign up to bet365.com" Throw in a 5-8 second delay and price changes every 30 seconds, and you have all the hallmarks of the quintessential NZ TAB betting experience - frustrating and unsatisfying - and this is in comparison not only to every other bookmaker in the world, but also to the old site which let's be honest was pretty crappy. But then, who could have predicted that the it was possible for the TAB to spend $50 million to construct a worse one, that is already costing them shit tons and is going to see both fixed odds turnover and profit nose dive, the exact opposite result that we've been promised by Allen. What price you think at that point Allen would hold his hands up and say, "Ok enough is enough, I admit I actually have no clue what I am doing"... an unexpected error has occured....

From NZRB 2018 - 20 Statememt of Intent

DOUBLING ACTIVE CUSTOMERS We currently have over 180,000 TAB account customers, but we know only around half of these are actively betting with us - and we intend to change this. Through our Customer and Channels initiative, we are seeking to both expand our customer base by attracting new customers, and reactivate existing customers. We expect to improve profitability through a combination of growing our active account customers (both re-activated and new acquisitions), delivering a world class channel experience for our customers, and by lowering costs through an optimised physical network and lower costs to serve. We have a clear understanding of our customer’s expectations (really?), what motivates their participation and drives their betting behaviour. Now we need to use this understanding to put the right content and offers in front of them to raise their engagement with our products.

Comment on the Delotte Report  last year by John Allen - So why, then, couldn’t the Deloitte Report have been given serious consideration without any disruption to NZRB activities? “What I mean is that we had detailed discussion about it, as you would expect. There are mistakes in it and that's not a surprise because Deloitte is a consulting firm that has done a desktop exercise with this; they never engaged with us so they have made errors – the numbers in there are just simply not correct. “We haven’t dismissed the report; we don’t agree with it but Deloitte haven’t talked to us about it and there are factual inaccuracies in it,” Allen repeated. “Aside from all the factual inaccuracies, we have delivered $12 million up-front for stakes; we are going to deliver $185 million profit next year and $200 million in the subsequent year.”

So the CEO has the audacity to dispel an independent report on  the Betting Platform by saying "they never engaged with us so they made errors". Well maybe if you had heeded your own words and engaged with your customers the NZRB wouldn't have made errors with their betting platform but then again as stated above you really didn't need to as you have a clear understanding of customer's expectations. 

Over 10 million down in racing turnover the first 3 weeks, 17 million a year to run it as stated by the CEO and a 50 million cost to build it and interest to be paid on bank loans. Delottes said the N Z scene wasn't big enough to be able to absorb the millions of cost for the platform (they thought 30 million not 50) and sadly I feel that they are going to be proven 100% correct.

1 hour ago, LightsOut said:

So the CEO has the audacity to dispel an independent report on  the Betting Platform by saying "they never engaged with us so they made errors". Well maybe if you had heeded your own words and engaged with your customers the NZRB wouldn't have made errors with their betting platform but then again as stated above you really didn't need to as you have a clear understanding of customer's expectations. 

Over 10 million down in racing turnover the first 3 weeks, 17 million a year to run it as stated by the CEO and a 50 million cost to build it and interest to be paid on bank loans. Delottes said the N Z scene wasn't big enough to be able to absorb the millions of cost for the platform (they thought 30 million not 50) and sadly I feel that they are going to be proven 100% correct.

So after receiving independent advice that the NZ market was not big enough to justify spending $30 million on a new platform, someone with zero industry experience commits $50 million+ plus a $17 million annual cost on a platform which so far has been a massive bust. Ouch! Oh, and just out of interest, which bank loaned them the money? Wasn't Kiwibank was it?

6 hours ago, SingaporeSling said:

Under the Racing, click on Prov Results and bring up the "old" results page, easy to find the meeting and scroll... the new results are not user friendly and as you say, missing info as well at times.

So far the PROV RESULTS is the best feature of the "new" site.