RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

New FOB and Shutdown

On behalf of all the Senior Management and Operational staff I wish to put forward this apology for any inconvenience any of our punters have experienced during the changeover period. It goes without saying that we are listening to the feedback and will respond as best we can......................................... Nah mate ya dreamin !!!

typo

15 minutes ago, ivanthegreat said:

On behalf of all the Senior Management and Operational staff I wish to put forward this apology for any inconvenience any of our punters have experienced during the changeover period. It goes without saying that we are listening to the feedback and will respond as best we can......................................... Nah mate ya dreamin !!!

typo

"Aussies....no surprises there"......:rcf-laughing-1:

3 hours ago, slam dunk said:

It would appear NZTAB still have control on pricing from Paddy Power. It should be possible for them to build a degree of tolerance before changing the price. The paranoia is evidenced from this old quote from John Allen

"The main financial benefit for the TAB will come from calculating odds automatically, rather than manually.

That will reduce the opportunity for foreign punters to engage in "arbitrage" to take advantage of TAB mispricing.

"We still control the betting strategy and ultimately the pricing approach that we want to take."

Maybe they could have taken steps to eliminate the mispricing that didn't cost a $50m new system?

Can somebody please direct me to "horse ownership" on new TAB site? Can find each starter's breeding, jockey, trainer, track preferences, previous races age, colour ,form, career starts, winnings but not ownership as was discoverable in previous model.Not suddenly withheld under Privacy laws I trust.

22 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

Can somebody please direct me to "horse ownership" on new TAB site? Can find each starter's breeding, jockey, trainer, track preferences, previous races age, colour ,form, career starts, winnings but not ownership as was discoverable in previous model.Not suddenly withheld under Privacy laws I trust.

I see they have put it on the extended form. Alongside notes.

Just would like to include in this thread the fact that Openbet platform failed dismally prior to the Melbourne Cup costing Ladbrokes, Sportingbet many customers

2 hours ago, Leggy said:

Maybe they could have taken steps to eliminate the mispricing that didn't cost a $50m new system?

Absolutely. This is one of the symptoms of the complete and utter mismanagement of their fixed odds operation since day one. Limits are too high on some options, too low on others, and they place too much faith in copying other firms' prices rather than employing decent traders with enough nous to trade their own markets and take positions. TAB's only position usually is "let's try not to take any bets". Well seems like the new platform is helping in that regard. Allen should stop talking about betting. Every time he opens his mouth he just puts his foot in it.

A change that hasn't been notified..is the leaving out of the Damsire alongside the Dam's name.

This is an imperative action that needs changing..and there's plenty of emty space alongside of the Dam's name for it to be included.

To have left this out speaks volumes for the lack of understanding of what punters want and need.

3 hours ago, hedley said:

A change that hasn't been notified..is the leaving out of the Damsire alongside the Dam's name.

This is an imperative action that needs changing..and there's plenty of emty space alongside of the Dam's name for it to be included.

To have left this out speaks volumes for the lack of understanding of what punters want and need.

Totally agree and thanks for bringing that up Hedley--has always been important re damsire having serious influence on horse handling certain track conditions.

8 hours ago, chevy86 said:

Thanks SD.

Would it be so hard to have  type of navigational tool so people can find what they are looking for ?Probably would save everyone time frustration and a fair amount of the negative comments.

18 hours ago, chevy86 said:

Totally agree and thanks for bringing that up Hedley--has always been important re damsire having serious influence on horse handling certain track conditions.

Another thing wrong is the absence of Left handed or Right handed track starts., This needs to be added too.

1 hour ago, Ponderosa8 said:

It is there.... that's if you know where to look.

Click on EXTENDED FORM and then click on EXPAND ALL.

That's one of the basic problems with this new platform--previously everything of importance was there with one click--now it is a bloody game of "hide and seek". IMO

55 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

I still get nothing clicking Extended Form....just a blank page.

And looking at Trentham fields, why does the form commentary have no relevance to the selections... ???:rolleyes:

Well at least the fields are there. There is nothing for Sunday at Te Rapa. Plenty Australian fields though.

press function 5 when you get the blank page.

On 1/16/2019 at 12:30 PM, slam dunk said:

It would appear NZTAB still have control on pricing from Paddy Power. It should be possible for them to build a degree of tolerance before changing the price. The paranoia is evidenced from this old quote from John Allen

"The main financial benefit for the TAB will come from calculating odds automatically, rather than manually.

That will reduce the opportunity for foreign punters to engage in "arbitrage" to take advantage of TAB mispricing.

"We still control the betting strategy and ultimately the pricing approach that we want to take."

Most likely they are getting their pricing from the Betfair API + their commission.  Which is ironic considering all they seem to of achieved with this up/down grade is protecting their pricing from arbitraging . Pretty much what Tabcorp did with java.  Paranoia .

Arbitrage = .picking up pennies in front of a steam roller , you could never get on the amount you need to to make it worthwhile.

Idiots , vote with your feet and go where the pricing comes from. If you want to see where the smart money is going watch Betfair 1-2 minutes before the jump.

While I am still not happy with some of the new Betting Platform web site layout it was very pleasing to see John Allen in The Informant acknowledging that they are addressing their customers issues and working through them eg a single page scratching list for all of the days meetings.  If you are critical on a company or organisation regarding its performance then it's only fair to be positive when they do things right. As a PR exercise the message from the CEO was a step in the right direction by keeping the NZRB's customers well informed. 

15 minutes ago, LightsOut said:

While I am still not happy with some of the new Betting Platform web site layout it was very pleasing to see John Allen in The Informant acknowledging that they are addressing their customers issues and working through them eg a single page scratching list for all of the days meetings.  If you are critical on a company or organisation regarding its performance then it's only fair to be positive when they do things right. As a PR exercise the message from the CEO was a step in the right direction by keeping the NZRB's customers well informed. 

Fair point. But how many of their customers actually read the Informant? I certainly don't, so haven't and probably won't get the "message".

1 hour ago, LightsOut said:

If they hadn't been given a monopoly they would have to get rid of 75% of the fat they've been carrying including obviously Allen and Hughes and all the wan.. sorry bankers and lawyers and postal workers (WTFF) they have hired in the last ten years. Allen's only agenda is keeping his job because he's actually very smart and therefore knows he has no clue what he is doing. As Harry Hindsight mentioned, I think he would struggle to explain arbitrage, and one of the first things this joint need to do is to stop copying other firms' prices. Petone uses up what 70% of the bandwidth on this site (Scooby is that right?). Well I challenge any one of those users to go down to the Fixed Odds department in Petone on any given afternoon and i guarantee every second PC is displaying Bet365's in play prices for every fixture they are trading live. Therein lies a major part of the problem.