RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

New FOB and Shutdown

As I stated, I just withdrew some winnings from Easy bet Au to my account. I got a chat message, apologising that due to being a weekend, I'd not see the funds until Tuesday....Sheesh, how good was that

Yup I agree, the old site was excellent, just the Sports was antiquated, now of course having teamed up with Aussie and overseas Corporates, our poor submissive Bosses are buggered. Worse, We NZ punters stand to loose

28 minutes ago, mike28 said:

i keep seeing the jockey falling over that does them no favours as well . they should have kept the old website just added the withdrawal to your bank account option and thats it 

it actually was a good website before especially checking results but not now

The worlds most successful web site by a long way is also the most simple with no clutter. That offcourse is google.com

Perhaps keeping it simple isn't a bad idea.

4 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Give them time team.

It’s not actually that bad now, and they’re working on making some significant improvements I’m told.

If they read this maybe you should post a tutorial to YouTube so the thick luddites amongst us can watch and learn how to navigate around the new configuration 

Yea , let's see where things are in a week or so , playing about with new computer systems can be very risky ,  the Racing Board found that out and the Brits had a bad day with this .

Ministers are to axe disastrous £12billion NHS computer scheme . The biggest civilian IT project of its kind in the world, it has already squandered at least £12.7billion. Some estimates put the cost far higher.

5 hours ago, rdytdy said:

Looks like it has affected this mornings racing show with Pete and Alby also. Radio Trackside has turned into a music station. :wacko: 

well the ratings can't get any worse so...

Any techies among us who can shed some light on what the $60 million was spent on? Because the new sight feels like a tweak or slight upgrade (arguably) rather than a massive transformation which is what you'd expect for $60 mill no? Are the improvements in the back end? JA? Thad? Anyone?

5 hours ago, rdytdy said:

Looks like it has affected this mornings racing show with Pete and Alby also. Radio Trackside has turned into a music station. :wacko: 

Fire alarm went off in the studio as they were about to come on air.They had to leave the building.

On 1/10/2019 at 1:02 PM, LightsOut said:

fg.PNG

The new TAB web-site is an abortion waiting to happen. Not user friendly...to many clicks to find info required if it works at all. Buggy and many errors. Can't multi bet?
Look at the page image above with all that blank space.  Surely they could add the runners Age Breeding etc...plenty of space. I'm now also using NZTR to study fields!

1 hour ago, Baz (NZ) said:

The new TAB web-site is an abortion waiting to happen. Not user friendly...to many clicks to find info required if it works at all. Buggy and many errors. Can't multi bet?
Look at the page image above with all that blank space.  Surely they could add the runners Age Breeding etc...plenty of space. I'm now also using NZTR to study fields!

Shhh Baz. We can't hear the deafening silence ;-)

1 hour ago, Baz (NZ) said:

I realise any positive comments will be ridiculed but a fair number of the bet types are significantly easier and quicker … once you understand the approach. 

To put a multi on:

go to win/place

select a fixed odd bet win or place

go to another race and do the same

the multi bet option appears once the second bet is placed.

All ups can still only be placed on a single meeting.

2 minutes ago, Daveski said:

I realise any positive comments will be ridiculed but a fair number of the bet types are significantly easier and quicker … once you understand the approach. 

To put a multi on:

go to win/place

select a fixed odd bet win or place

go to another race and do the same

the multi bet option appears once the second bet is placed.

All ups can still only be placed on a single meeting.

Well that's good that they got something for their $60 million!

19 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

THey have at least invented something unique. They had the progress of Race 5 & Race 6 at Trentham as running at the same time. Thats when its not crashed.

Meet the new site. Same as the old site.

2 hours ago, Pam Robson said:

My 'reply'  took two days...gave me nonsensical advice,  which, when I followed - to the letter - got my account locked again.

What happened to ND yesterday Pam...thought it was a good thing but never in it..?

8 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

What happened to ND yesterday Pam...thought it was a good thing but never in it..?

Yeah same here , we quite liked it and backed it in first . Looks a nice horse and bit classier in paddock than some of the others. Top day there yesterday bar that terrible fall. Brave buggers those jockeys.  Tote operators were very good , queues at windows flew through , crowd was good but seemed slightly down on normal .

Overtheriver , just brilliant.

29 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Yeah same here , we quite liked it and backed it in first . Looks a nice horse and bit classier in paddock than some of the others. Top day there yesterday bar that terrible fall. Brave buggers those jockeys.  Tote operators were very good , queues at windows flew through , crowd was good but seemed slightly down on normal .

Overtheriver , just brilliant.

Certainly was RR, and boy he had to work for it..!  She did the same on En Suite which should have won but did too much. Some nice performances down there though...Ted Talks, Funny Face, Nopele and Smokehouse Bay all good.

44 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Certainly was RR, and boy he had to work for it..!  She did the same on En Suite which should have won but did too much. Some nice performances down there though...Ted Talks, Funny Face, Nopele and Smokehouse Bay all good.

For me Funny Face was a standout , sat wide just kept on. Really hope Zabair Bolah fully recovers , was horrific to watch.

The fall aside it was a cracker day, weather , crowd perfect and good natured , no wallys just bloody fun and laughs.

Coast circuit one of racing highlights of year for me. Something different,  form within form, who's going to suit track, who rides tracks well etc. 

I've been to Newmarket a few times 2000 metre straight and Reefton etc with 5 6 furlongs round , the diversity of racing , brilliant.

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Still a work in progress,  lovely animal,  on the trip to learn about life,  but I liked him yesterday as well.

Never handled the corners - lost his revs,  said Terry - and also suffered from muddling pace and tight quarters at times.

Just put a line through it,  he will keep.