RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

New FOB and Shutdown

I had to go through all the races at Reefton & Matamata to get the scratchings which was 16 clicks to do the job that previously took just 1. All the individual race scratchings are at the bottom of the race so you write the scratchings down then have to scroll up the page 16 times to get to the next race, wouldn't it make sense to also include the race menu at the top of each race also at the bottom so you don't have to continually scroll up to go to the next race. Surely I just can't locate where the meetings scratchings tab is can anyone direct me as I can't get through to Help Desk.

Another annoying thing is on the racing page with the meetings I go and click on Matamata and then when i finish taking them down and want to do Reeftons the racing menu has disappeared and is replaced with sporting options??? 

50 million spent to as we were told be a better punting experience is far far from it. Spend a few hundred and for christ sake if its not there create a tab with all the days scratchings on the one page. Old story why change something if its not broken.

I agree with Thad on one thing John Allen take a bow and apologise to the Industry  

19 minutes ago, HarryHindsight said:

The nicest thing I can say is it works better than Triple Trio did .

The pic of a jockey crashing to the ground , is that some kind of bad taste joke ?

It's a shocker and I've seen it quite a number of times!

1 hour ago, Phantom said:

They're definitely world class at patting themselves on the back. Easy when you have no competition. 

No competition? You’re off your head. Why do you think they did it

22 minutes ago, pakari said:

No competition? You’re off your head. Why do you think they did it

They have a legislated monopoly in New Zealand. Which I'm sure you know as I'm guessing you work for them. 

Looks like I wont be bothering with Jockey Challenges anymore...

Previously you could just click on the jockeys name and all their rides would show up and then you could decide whether they were worth a bet or not.

But now it seems you'll need to view each race separately and scroll thru to see whether they have a ride in the race, then repeat the process for each race on the card...

Another great decision on this new platform....

2 minutes ago, Ponderosa8 said:

Looks like I wont be bothering with Jockey Challenges anymore...

Previously you could just click on the jockeys name and all their rides would show up and then you could decide whether they were worth a bet or not.

But now it seems you'll need to view each race separately and scroll thru to see whether they have a ride in the race, then repeat the process for each race on the card...

Another great decision on this new platform....

Nightmare. 

42 minutes ago, Phantom said:

They have a legislated monopoly in New Zealand. Which I'm sure you know as I'm guessing you work for them. 

No I don’t actually, but nice try :) I own horses so by virtue I have a vested interest in the TAB and it’s performance. I’d be guessing that regardless of a monopoly they did it to stop the leaking to lads and 365 etc but I’m sure, being the expert on all things you’d be able to fill me in. 

On 1/8/2019 at 6:41 AM, puha said:

Can anyone tell me where on the site you can stream trackside radio on the new site please? On the old site it was at the bottom of the home page.

The streaming video is back to low quality. Was excellent on Monday but was that just "opening special"

2 minutes ago, Chris Wood said:

Poor Peter Earley, struggling to give the results dividends as he cannot find them, pick he is biting his tongue, as he usually says it like it is, borrowed a muzzle obviously!

The silence is deafening...

The silence is deafening... Great start for the NZ TAB website and betting platform. Congratulations to all involved, @NZRBJohnAllen take a bow. Never going to be perfect but we've got a hell of a lot to work with..

Arse kissing exercise obviously.....getting in first in case they all get the boot.....:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Ohokaman said:

The silence is deafening... Great start for the NZ TAB website and betting platform. Congratulations to all involved, @NZRBJohnAllen take a bow. Never going to be perfect but we've got a hell of a lot to work with..

Arse kissing exercise obviously.....getting in first in case they all get the boot.....:rolleyes:

I mean seriously, he's not a bad guy, but who publicly congratulates their boss even if it is a roaring success which it sure as **** ain't

Looks as though they made it to the 2nd stage of Typhoon from what I have seen. Seriously the NZRB should be embarrassed with what they have developed to date and should be asking for a refund on the 50 million of Industry money spent 'so far'. John Allen if you're praising the success of it you are one poor deluded individual. Acknowledge the failures that you customers are saying the site has delivered and put it right. Nothing wrong with negative publicity as long as you acknowledge that certain areas need addressing.   Looking at the site from my point of view techies designed it  along with clueless management with no punting  knowledge or customer requirements. I would rate it 3/10 and that's hard to justify.

As for that condescending tweet get me a bucket please, the heads not in the sand its somewhere else.

5 hours ago, Red Rum said:

I took all my cash out before change in case it was a balls up and I couldn't get it . If you've put money in do they still charge a fee for loading up account ? 

I cannot seem to find trainer , jockey and full horse win stats . If you are not aware of a trainer is there a button that shows their seasons records ? Location where they train etc. 

Wish I had.

I wasn't a huge "ALL UP" bettor, but I'm pretty sure the dividends were previously based on the TOTE odds, but from what I can gather the ALL UP is now based on the FIXED odds.

Guess that has its plus's and minus's, the plus being if you were live going into the last selection and your previous winning $$$ doesn't end up causing your $8 selection to then open favourite at $3.20 (for e.g.)

4 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

I’m using the site today, it’s not that bad.

It’s a lot “busier” than the old site but once you find your way around it’s working just fine.

Not bad compared to what? The old site? To me it's slow and clunky, looks and feels like it was designed and built by a bunch of amateurs. Check out Bet365 or Unibet or Pinnacle, or any of the asian firms like SBO, it is quick and simple to get your bet on. Very disappointing I think, and I probably had lower expectations that anyone!

Just realised something else and this one "takes the cake" for me anyway.

If the meeting was at Ellerslie (for eg) the very first thing I'd do is look at the horses statistics on Right Handed tracks. If it was poor and all their wins/placings where on Left Handed tracks then I'd often disregard that horse.

But the horses stats on left and right hand tracks isn't shown anymore, and I'm certainly not going to scroll thru each of its previous races to take a tally up.

Not once have I ever considered opening an off-shore account, but I'm thinking about it now. TAB wont care because I'm a small-time punter.

6 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Not bad compared to what? The old site? To me it's slow and clunky, looks and feels like it was designed and built by a bunch of amateurs. Check out Bet365 or Unibet or Pinnacle, or any of the asian firms like SBO, it is quick and simple to get your bet on. Very disappointing I think, and I probably had lower expectations that anyone!

One problem being those designing the site would have been more comfortable with a straight fixed odds site. They would not have been familiar with a site requiring fixed and tote. It really shows. AS well the desktop version smells of being the mobile version. I still haven't found how to put a quinella on.

Chap tipped me the quinellas in the first 2 races. He made a deposit last night via direct bank transfer. should have taken 15 minutes but come 1.00pm today still hadn't shown in his account and the 2 quinellas came in. The explanation from TAB. "They put it in the wrong column" like debit instead of credit.

TAB could have purchased an existing fixed odds site for peanuts and just developed a tote site ensuring the 2 are properly linked.

Judging by the front end problems hate to think whats occurring at the back end