RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

New FOB and Shutdown

2 hours ago, Phantom said:

Nobody asked me but... if I was running the TAB I would have people specifically designated to answer people's questions on the new platform on Race Cafe and similar sites (are there any?). Instead what we get is deafening silence from the Petone bunker and I imagine their excellent Customer Services department (yes - most of them are) are completely snowed under, inundated with calls from confused or disgruntled punters with questions re the new format. I'm guessing no one thought to put more people on to cope with the new rollout.

They have a Facebook page which has been getting a hammering.....:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Leggy said:

That might be the problem then, not your IPad :) Hard to take a multi with no FOB available!

Here's the TAB answer....:rolleyes:

TAB Those Matamata odds are Tote rather than fixed so you won't be able to Multi them together. Fixed Odds for that meeting should be available shortly. We are currently experiencing a bug preventing Futures odds from being Mulited as well but we have a team working to get it fixed as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, Ponderosa8 said:

Futures betting on Wellington available to me (on my home computer)…. but when I click on the selections and then the "ADD TO MULTI", the multi still doesn't come up.

Same. Can select two bets and click add to multi but no multi box appears to stake it.

2 hours ago, ivanthegreat said:

Everything I used in the past seems to be there but boy what a F#$%ing performance and I have only run into one notable improvement so far.

But get a load of this if you want to load a credit card you have to make a simultaneous deposit min being $20 , well I suppose you could then withdraw it but FFS. The process itself is far from straightforward either.

Just another example of if it ain't broke wreck it.

For me 3/10 and were nearly back to handwritten yellow duplicate tickets.

You're doing better than me. I went to the Deposit section and clicked Add A Card.  That was the end of that.  "Error.  Come back later" or words to that effect.

Thank goodness for my Aussie TAB, Ladbrokes and Unibet accounts.

New website doesn't seem to be one of their finer moments  - although perhaps I'm being too harsh.

8 hours ago, barryb said:

Downlaod the NZ Racing app and listen via here mate.

image.thumb.png.f63e476c717aa26c089634e38416074f.png

That’s been on my ph but wasn’t even aware it was there. Maybe they could inform punters where it is .

I think it is pretty easy to navigate around, just need to have a play around for a while and you'll all be OK I'm sure. My old man who has seriously  no ideas about computers, doesn't own a cell phone because its too technical managed to put a bet on yesterday and said it wasnt too hard. (he's only just mastered touch tone bet ffs, and mum only just recently taught him how to turn his tablet on to check the odds and scratchings)! 

Like anything there will be problems but I'm sure it'll be great in time. 

It'll be chaos on Fri/Sat when the "casuals" come to play.

My major frustration is most of it ain't logical FFS.

Don't bother phoning my 2 attempts were 34 and 46 minutes I cooked meals , vacuuming , had a shower and then when I finally got hold of someone  " that " person agreed that she wasn't able to do what was expected.

9 hours ago, Fredd002 said:

Anyone had any success at speaking to anyone at the Help Desk? Since I was locked-out of my account yesterday afternoon, my numerous calls have been answered via Radio Trackside streaming waiting for one of the CS team to turn up for work or answer my call. 

Had exactly the same problem. Most odd that it locked out as the username and passed were auto filled. Wasn’t happy with the passed. First call to help desk took 18 mins on hold - no response. Second attempt (just now) got a response after 17 mins on hold. Chap was actually very helpful and resolved the issue quite quickly.

10 hours ago, Irish said:

You're doing better than me. I went to the Deposit section and clicked Add A Card.  That was the end of that.  "Error.  Come back later" or words to that effect.

Thank goodness for my Aussie TAB, Ladbrokes and Unibet accounts.

New website doesn't seem to be one of their finer moments  - although perhaps I'm being too harsh.

Can you list their finer moments for me please? I can't think of any... at all.

9 hours ago, mrzim said:

I sent them an email at 7:15 this morning.As yet no reply

Don't hold your breath. I emailed John Allen in July 2017 on behalf of a major US-facing sports book (with 20 sites) who were interested in offering NZ racing and prepared to pay for it. He replied and said he would get back to me. Still waiting. And this is basically a company that wants to give the NZRB money! 

13 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Can you list their finer moments for me please? I can't think of any... at all.

Neither can I.  I was hoping someone else could.  Perhaps we could compile a list of "unfiner' moments. :)

Compliments when due - after many unsuccessful attempts to phone the Help Desk, after I was locked-out, I resorted to an email. Within an hour I received a response saying my account had been unlocked despite me not advising them my surname or account number. Someone used their initiative and used my email sign-off to locate my business name and my name, to enable them to identify my account and unlock it. Thank you Cathy at the Help Desk. 

1 hour ago, Irish said:

Neither can I.  I was hoping someone else could.  Perhaps we could compile a list of "unfiner' moments. :)

Oh I can help there. 

1. Employing two failed greyhound bookmakers to implement and oversee the introduction of fixed odds betting

2. Renewing the contract of those same failed bookmakers for two years after they had effectively done nothing the previous year (this was done by an outgoing CEO the day he left and told to me by a former head of Sports Betting)

3. Paying $14 million for a supposedly innovative betting system (Typhoon) to replace Jetbet despite the fact it had been rejected by many other firms including the Tasmanian TAB. It didn't work.

4. Triple Trio - launched with a massive fanfare and marketing budget including prime time TV advertising and championed as the long awaited massive pool bet to challenge Lotto. No one including the TAB understood how it worked (the Trio is not a betting option here) and it was buried after six months. 

5. Canning Pick Six - it was later brought back

6. Place Six - like triple trio a copycat of a popular bet in another jurisdiction. works when you have have handicap fields of 20+, not so well here where sometimes there are only six race cards with 6-8 runners per race. Pools are embarrassing.

7. Hiring Chris Bayliss

8. Hiring Glenda Hughes

9. Hiring John Allen

10. Race Fields Legislation - a waste of time, money and energy, Supposedly Hughes was going to use her influence in the Internal Affairs to make this ridiculous idea happen, but even Winston Peters saw it for what it was - unworkable and unenforceable. Embarrassing that that was the legislation that the NZRB tried to push through. And yet no heads rolled!

11. Getting rid of phone betting, thereby disenfranchising a large percentage of their customer base.

12. Selling their buildings in Ellerslie and Petone (has it sold yet?) to offset the massive shortfalls as result of criminally incompetent management. 

13. Not the NZRB's fault, but moving the Derby and Auckland Cup from their traditional dates of December 26 and January 1 to sometime in March, transforming two of the country's most iconic races from major sporting events to just another (usually wet) race day.

14. Distributing money from unstruck pools and inputting in bonuses as they see fit each month, instead of doing the logical thing and jackpotting it to the next race or meeting. Imagine if the 90k from the Ellerslie quaddie had jackpotted to the next northern meeting - what would that pool have got to? Instead it will be distributed as $1500 first four bonuses on the Palmerston North greyhounds or the like.

15. Hiring Bernard Saundry.

16. The Racing Integrity Unit. Basically a joke, especially given their budget. 

17. The ridiculous use of false rail at every gallops meeting up and down the country supposedly to protect the tracks. They hardly ever used the false rail 20 years ago and most of the tracks were in far better shape than they are now.

18. Trackside. All its branches. What other betting operation needs two TV channels and one radio station and yet still sees its turnover crashing every year? Again. A joke. "World class television," according to KFE, who humbly said she thought it was an advantage that she knew nothing about racing when she was originally hired. WTF?

19. The appalling state of virtually every racetrack. What happened?

20. Not hiring me to run their sports book in 1996. I was on a shortlist of three but didn't get the job because according to Bob Gwynn "I knew too much". The bloke they hired lasted six months.

Ok that's a start, I know there is loads more. Sorry for the negative post Scoobs, Happy New Year!

22 minutes ago, Fredd002 said:

Compliments when due - after many unsuccessful attempts to phone the Help Desk, after I was locked-out, I resorted to an email. Within an hour I received a response saying my account had been unlocked despite me not advising them my surname or account number. Someone used their initiative and used my email sign-off to locate my business name and my name, to enable them to identify my account and unlock it. Thank you Cathy at the Help Desk. 

The Help Desk are like an oasis of competence in an otherwise cluster**** of a company. They have a largely thankless task and deal with nothing but complaints all day, yet in my experience most do so with extreme competence and patience. 

9 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Phantom, I hope you feel better after that discharge....but it has no relevance if you’re cross contaminating and attributing blame incorrectly to the various entities.

Maybe go back and categorise your complaints to the NZRB, NZTR, the Minister For Racing, the ARC, and the government.

Just saying chap......but it’s a bit unfair to give the Racing Board a spray because others have failed.

I agree completely, can you help me out here? I thought mostly NZRB. I did say Derby and Cup move wasn't their fault. Which other ones aren't the NZRB? Tell me and I will take them out.

I was griping to a colleague about the 'upgrade', and he replied 'at least they're improving it' - which obviously begged the question 'what added functionality is there actually?'.

Can someone enlighten me, because I don't see any new bet types, and the only new function I can see is the ability to debit your TAB account online (which I'm happy to say does work).

Personally, I would have loved for them to add a fixed odds each-way multi (possible to do manually, but too time consuming).

18. Trackside. All its branches. What other betting operation needs two TV channels and one radio station and yet still sees its turnover crashing every year? Again. A joke. "World class television," according to KFE, who humbly said she thought it was an advantage that she knew nothing about racing when she was originally hired. WTF

Same sentiments from John Allen when he started, say no more.

The silence is deafening... Great start for the NZ TAB website and betting platform. Congratulations to all involved, @NZRBJohnAllen take a bow. Never going to be perfect but we've got a hell of a lot to work with..

At least he is taking the piss, the silence will be deafening in there as no sounds of bets getting processed.

45 minutes ago, LightsOut said:

Same sentiments from John Allen when he started, say no more.

At least he is taking the piss, the silence will be deafening in there as no sounds of bets getting processed.

They're definitely world class at patting themselves on the back. Easy when you have no competition. 

46 minutes ago, Catalano said:

I was griping to a colleague about the 'upgrade', and he replied 'at least they're improving it' - which obviously begged the question 'what added functionality is there actually?'.

Can someone enlighten me, because I don't see any new bet types, and the only new function I can see is the ability to debit your TAB account online (which I'm happy to say does work).

Personally, I would have loved for them to add a fixed odds each-way multi (possible to do manually, but too time consuming).

I took all my cash out before change in case it was a balls up and I couldn't get it . If you've put money in do they still charge a fee for loading up account ? 

I cannot seem to find trainer , jockey and full horse win stats . If you are not aware of a trainer is there a button that shows their seasons records ? Location where they train etc. 

5 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

I took all my cash out before change in case it was a balls up and I couldn't get it . If you've put money in do they still charge a fee for loading up account ? 

I cannot seem to find trainer , jockey and full horse win stats . If you are not aware of a trainer is there a button that shows their seasons records ? Location where they train etc. 

That was smart. I worry about that when I have a big balance. They are so incompetent it's definitely on the cards one day their system will crash and lose everyone's balances. And if that day comes... well no one gives a **** about the punters, least of all NZRB (right P4P?) management.

6 minutes ago, Phantom said:

That was smart. I worry about that when I have a big balance. They are so incompetent it's definitely on the cards one day their system will crash and lose everyone's balances. And if that day comes... well no one gives a **** about the punters, least of all NZRB (right P4P?) management.

Yes, I'm waiting to see how long a withdrawal takes to make my bank account....;)