RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

New FOB and Shutdown

With the plethora of new options available nothing has changed. Early yesterday afternoon I tried to place a bet on the outright winner of the Auckland Men’s Tennis Tournament. Option had closed for the day because play had started. New system. Same old timid bookies!

Hopefully a work in progress , maybe they will pick up the feedback and iron out issues. However if the product is behind the big corps it's going to struggle long term. Things like odds boost  for my level a winner. I know the pro punters say that there are restrictions with these corps but for those that punt for a hobby these little extras are great . 

Scratchings ?

where are they ?

Trackside Radio , is that on there ?

Jockeys, can't click on them to get their full book of rides for the day.

Look it is clearly a Sports betting site, that's fine , use it for sports , if you are looking at futures betting , the icon defaults to the Sports icon, aha.

Run the original site simultaneously for Racing alongside the new site and I for one will be happy , ecstatic in fact

Ive heard the Race Tracker is a shambles now. All of your once saved runners are gone. Now if you want to race track a horse you need to know that its actually running soon and the TAB will send you a "reminder" about it. No longer is it in your race track history. Morons. That was the one thing they did OK at.

Am also hearing the Boys Get Paid community are furious about the new changes and want an alternative (so surprise - theyre a pretty fly-by-night lot anyway. Mind you there might also be some of the TABs biggest defenders of their crap service involved with the BGP lot. Interesting stuff).

Oh well - onwards and upwards we go B365 :) 

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

After all the hoo hah and build up to this new site, platform etc it is extremely disappointing that they have launched this thing with so many obvious deficiencies in it.....perhaps not really a surprise, the quality bar has never been that high.....:rolleyes:

That's why I was surprised to hear positive pre-launch comments from some Cafers who should know better. These clowns have ****ed up basically everything they have done in the last 20 years (more??). Why on earth would we expect anything to change now? 

5 hours ago, puha said:

Can anyone tell me where on the site you can stream trackside radio on the new site please? On the old site it was at the bottom of the home page.

Downlaod the NZ Racing app and listen via here mate.

image.thumb.png.f63e476c717aa26c089634e38416074f.png

Anyone had any success at speaking to anyone at the Help Desk? Since I was locked-out of my account yesterday afternoon, my numerous calls have been answered via Radio Trackside streaming waiting for one of the CS team to turn up for work or answer my call. 

1 hour ago, THE TORCH said:

Ive heard the Race Tracker is a shambles now. All of your once saved runners are gone. Now if you want to race track a horse you need to know that its actually running soon and the TAB will send you a "reminder" about it. No longer is it in your race track history. Morons. That was the one thing they did OK at.

Am also hearing the Boys Get Paid community are furious about the new changes and want an alternative (so surprise - theyre a pretty fly-by-night lot anyway. Mind you there might also be some of the TABs biggest defenders of their crap service involved with the BGP lot. Interesting stuff).

Oh well - onwards and upwards we go B365 :) 

Blimey if  a few people in boys get paid hold some kind of sway as a small group it really is over . A small betting group , good on  them I've no interest in them myself but from few people I know I've heard they are  not bad group but live or die on their opinion anymore than rank and file masses of punters who've been punting for years  I hope not . Good on them though for making a living out game , punting , knowing their horses.

Was trying to get some sports results from the Christmas period to put in a spreadsheet. After putting the date range, I was only given 5 sporting options which didnt include the Big Bash that I was after. Pretty average on that front. On that note, how hard could it be for them to give results in a format that could be exported to Excel......?

in the pc world we now live in is it good to see a partial shot of a horse that's fallen plus a jockey who's potentially injured appearing on your screen when you endeavour to drill down on a link and that drill down is still on their 'bug/fix it' list?

Capture.PNG

Click on 'More Info and Options' and you should see 'Add to Multi' if that's what you are trying to do.

Oh..... just had another look. It maybe because you have not selected the multi runners using the FO price. Try that. It should show that price for each runner in the bet slip.

35 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

in the pc world we now live in is it good to see a partial shot of a horse that's fallen plus a jockey who's potentially injured appearing on your screen when you endeavour to drill down on a link and that drill down is still on their 'bug/fix it' list?

Capture.PNG

This should be their catchline 

The first thing that should come up on the www.tab.co.nz web page the next racing betting option with the field but what do you see sports games to bet on. The NZ racing industry is paying for the betting platform and all the past and future associated costs that generates revenue to the sporting codes. The NZ Racing Boards platform is there to first and foremost fund the NZ racing Industry. Even the web site tab comes up TAB Sport. The thousands of more betting options available now will be utilised by sporting betting, the new Betting Platform the Industry was told would bring in millions more money, it may well do but sports codes receive a % of profit and turnover so who will ultimately benefit?. Your race field sizes are going down every season which will result in decreased turnover but a sports game will forever start with a full field. 

35 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Click on 'More Info and Options' and you should see 'Add to Multi' if that's what you are trying to do.

Oh..... just had another look. It maybe because you have not selected the multi runners using the FO price. Try that. It should show that price for each runner in the bet slip.

They don't have any FO up for the meeting.....thanks anyway.

Nobody asked me but... if I was running the TAB I would have people specifically designated to answer people's questions on the new platform on Race Cafe and similar sites (are there any?). Instead what we get is deafening silence from the Petone bunker and I imagine their excellent Customer Services department (yes - most of them are) are completely snowed under, inundated with calls from confused or disgruntled punters with questions re the new format. I'm guessing no one thought to put more people on to cope with the new rollout.

Everything I used in the past seems to be there but boy what a F#$%ing performance and I have only run into one notable improvement so far.

But get a load of this if you want to load a credit card you have to make a simultaneous deposit min being $20 , well I suppose you could then withdraw it but FFS. The process itself is far from straightforward either.

Just another example of if it ain't broke wreck it.

For me 3/10 and were nearly back to handwritten yellow duplicate tickets.

Just now, Leggy said:

That might be the problem then, not your IPad :) Hard to take a multi with no FOB available!

Futures betting on Wellington available to me (on my home computer)…. but when I click on the selections and then the "ADD TO MULTI", the multi still doesn't come up.

They have forced us to use certain browsers as well e.g Standard Google doesn't work properly which could be causing some problems , you get that picture with the jockey fallen off. Standard Google is no good despite being acceptable worldwide................ you must use Google Chrome. The NZ Herald did the same thing ........... nec minute dozens of unwelcome adds come through your email account.