RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

New FOB and Shutdown

1 hour ago, tim vince said:

Anyone remember Mrs baker upstairs in Albert st.automatic totes for late dividends. A bad tempered old boiler with a funny finger.same old suspects used to be there Monday morning lining the stairway to collect and tell lies how much they won.if  the tickets weren't in order she went nuts.we used to do it on purpose.she would put them under the rubber bands and stamp them so hard u would jar her wrist.every crook in town Bert Clapham Paul Bellingham Peter Mitchell used to be there.then it was off too play tennis or table tennis for a hundred a corner.cant do that on your phone

Humorous days.the only platform I know was in a swimming pool we used to  jump off.

Her old man liked a bet too....;)

1 hour ago, JOT said:

Having developed in Java, it is my least favourite language due to the overwhelming IDE choices, unsupported libraries and versions of the Java engine. I have a friend who has turned down contracts to fix Java bugs instead he would rather mow lawns.
Node.js allows React to use JavaScript functions (nothing to do with Java) outside the browser. React allows the render of the webpage. JavaScript developers are currently the most sort after due to the growth of the digital platform.
The current system I work with, we have developed an app which allows the user to set a target when they decide to spend depending on events they have subscribed too. Once all criteria have been met, they are messaged with options to proceed. 

Thats interesting what you say. Makes for an easier learning curve if javascript can be used both on the front end and backend.

What gets me is why so many webpages need so many libraries when in many cases a few lines of code is all that needed.

I'll do a readup what Node and React do.

Spot the lauding by the TAB in the next week of how many new accounts have been open. Perhaps they will also release figures on how many current accounts are actually active! The promised land will still be a figment of JA’s imagination.

Right JOT I've done 1 an hour youtube course on Node.js so am an expert now  ...well did 20 minutes anyway.

Changing the subject a bit what I've always wanted to see is the TAB and other racing organisations to be completely open about the skills and job descriptions within their organisations. January is the month the education sector runs a lot of adverts on careers, courses and such like. Why are the Saturday clubs not getting on the bandwaggon with oncourse promotions and sponsors.

If there are some people with skills like yourself willing to attempt a complete dissection of the $50M spend forcing the the TAB to open their books and procedures I would be a starter to join in. For some it could be good way to gain extra knowledge. I maintain the TAB is basically a government created monopoly with a public responsibility. Lets get rid of this commercial confidentially nonsense.

Its scandalous Racing Board hire overseas personel without any real attempt at seeking locals. Its also scandalous huge salaries are paid yet no one knows just what these recipients do and are only accountable to someone on an unjustified salary themselves. 

Thought I might have an early bet at Otaki tomorrow.Went to Tab site,saw a heading saying to bet early due to site being upgraded,but no you can’t bet early.Whats up Tab.Muppets running the show

So, just to really piss the punter off the TAB decides to show Singapore and Hong Kong but no betting. Yes I know I could have an account in Aust but I do not and will not. Nothing more annoying than watching horses you had your hard earned on at a previous start or two rolling into the money. Jolly Banner and I am totally spewing

4 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Right JOT I've done 1 an hour youtube course on Node.js so am an expert now  ...well did 20 minutes anyway.

Changing the subject a bit what I've always wanted to see is the TAB and other racing organisations to be completely open about the skills and job descriptions within their organisations. January is the month the education sector runs a lot of adverts on careers, courses and such like. Why are the Saturday clubs not getting on the bandwaggon with oncourse promotions and sponsors.

If there are some people with skills like yourself willing to attempt a complete dissection of the $50M spend forcing the the TAB to open their books and procedures I would be a starter to join in. For some it could be good way to gain extra knowledge. I maintain the TAB is basically a government created monopoly with a public responsibility. Lets get rid of this commercial confidentially nonsense.

Its scandalous Racing Board hire overseas personel without any real attempt at seeking locals. Its also scandalous huge salaries are paid yet no one knows just what these recipients do and are only accountable to someone on an unjustified salary themselves. 

I completely agree with you. I think the TAB may have outsourced the work to create the new platform which is understandable as the skills required are not in abundance or available in NZ at the moment. The big issue IMO is when a new platform is up and running and the contractors step away with their pot of gold, who takes responsibility of maintenance and making improvements. That’s where people like you are important. The TAB need locals who have passion and smarts for the product to ensure it keeps punters interested, creates opportunities and offers careers.

Ironic that a horse called Wishful Thinking ran third in Race 3 at Sha Tin tonight. Wishful thinking that there will be any increase in minimum thoroughbred stakes this year as a result of this much touted betting platform. The TAB hierarchy can’t even get the basics right. At my local TAB the betting forms are constantly being rejected by their two machines. Obviously something wrong with the way they have been printed! Expect chaos over the next few weeks.

15 hours ago, JOT said:

I completely agree with you. I think the TAB may have outsourced the work to create the new platform which is understandable as the skills required are not in abundance or available in NZ at the moment. The big issue IMO is when a new platform is up and running and the contractors step away with their pot of gold, who takes responsibility of maintenance and making improvements. That’s where people like you are important. The TAB need locals who have passion and smarts for the product to ensure it keeps punters interested, creates opportunities and offers careers.

Actually JOT I don't think my profile would quite be what TAB are after. Its is ironic that Winston Peters is Racing Minister and all this work is outsourced. Whatever happened to NZ First concept. OK it was organized with National but at least Winston should be making the point.

Despite having the same sign-on and password for 10 years I am now locked out. And when I try to open the Help or Contact pages I receive nothing but a blank screen.

Edited by Fredd002
Spelling

3 minutes ago, Fredd002 said:

Despite having the same sign-on and password for 10 years I am now locked out. And when I try to open the Help or Contact pages I receive nothing but a blank screen.

You're doing better than me. I can't even get the site to load.

13 minutes ago, Fredd002 said:

You will need to sign in again...if this bloody site ever gets started.......:rcf-angry-2:

New option Just Out; Likelihood of been up and running on time 100-1 and drifting

35 minutes I've been watching the little circle go round and round and round and round...………………….

Can't say it wasn't expected  :)

7 minutes ago, chiknsmack said:

I'm in. Everything's loading quickly now that I am. So at least I can confirm the new website exists.

It actually looks pretty good at first glance.

Well the first thing I do going to the races or TAB is getting a print out of the scratchings. So the first basic necessity is missing.