RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
john legend

grass track crossings

I know it is a topic every year but why cant they be improved . perhaps a bobcat and experienced operator could at least improve the bad ones eg. yes my pocket is speaking as well as training fees lost at Tauherenikau. but the thoroughbred track people should give us a fair go.. I watched a rocket that hasbeen travelling through space for 9 years send back accurate photos from objects on the edge of our galaxy wow! but get a reasonable flat surface for race day at a galloping track too difficult .... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :rcf-angry-1:

Why are we racing on grass tracks when there are perfectly suitable all weather tracks nearby. It was ludicrous yesterday to see horses racing on a grossly inadequate grass track at Rangiora with pot holes and dust everywhere, when there was one of the best all weather tracks in New Zealand on the inside of the grass. Even the thoroughbreds aren't allowed to race on that track

2 hours ago, Stables said:

Why are we racing on grass tracks when there are perfectly suitable all weather tracks nearby. It was ludicrous yesterday to see horses racing on a grossly inadequate grass track at Rangiora with pot holes and dust everywhere, when there was one of the best all weather tracks in New Zealand on the inside of the grass. Even the thoroughbreds aren't allowed to race on that track

Give me grass any day. Bigger fields and better dividends!

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:33 PM, Stables said:

Rangiora all weather is a training track at best. Rangiora grass has proven a good addition to that club and is proving popular with race-going public. Grass is actually the future of the game and yet so many think premier racing is the shop window...

What a lot of nonsense. The Rangiora all weather track is the only thing that is holding the racecourse together. The galloping people don't want the track and if it was up to them the place would be sold. If the Messara report is properly implemented then the place would be sold. It would be worth millions as it is now surrounded by houses. Property developers would lap it up. Grass track racing is a thing of the past and until that is recognised and we concentrate on developing the main race courses by upgrading their facilities and increasing stakes then racing is going to continue to disappear down the plug hole.

Be interesting see the noms tomorrow for Cambridge Friday night (their centenary meeting) and Te Aroha the next day.    Of course the Cambridge club will be focusing on the cent. meeting and no doubt Te Aroha will suffer organisationalwise.    Will there be enough horses for 2 meetings back to back?     I've heard from many trainers that they going to the grass so the back up races at Cambridge could suffer.     Then again there is the trainer who knows this and will sneak to Cambridge as getting a win could be easier!!

18 hours ago, eljay said:

Be interesting see the noms tomorrow for Cambridge Friday night (their centenary meeting) and Te Aroha the next day.    Of course the Cambridge club will be focusing on the cent. meeting and no doubt Te Aroha will suffer organisationalwise.    Will there be enough horses for 2 meetings back to back?     I've heard from many trainers that they going to the grass so the back up races at Cambridge could suffer.     Then again there is the trainer who knows this and will sneak to Cambridge as getting a win could be easier!!

115 for the centenary meeting (with noms left open) so far - more than I thought they'd get.

151 for the grass at Te Aroha ...... doesn't that let the club know what owners and trainers prefer!