RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tim vince

stakemoney

Paul Shailer is laughing. Going great guns. As for Stakes, Qld is the poor cousin in Stakes compared to Syd and Melb but is making progress. On Wed I have an interest in a filly starting at Doomben in a fillies 3yo maiden. The stake for the “winner is $14,000 plus there’s a QTIS bonus of $8500 to the winner if QTIS registered - which most are. So if we win, we get $22,500. If NZ think their Industry can survive on $10k or less Stakes, then they are kidding themselves. They need to generate more income and spend less on overheads. The overhead absorption of funds is ( imho ) too high. 

19 hours ago, Trump said:

Paul Shailer is laughing. Going great guns. As for Stakes, Qld is the poor cousin in Stakes compared to Syd and Melb but is making progress. On Wed I have an interest in a filly starting at Doomben in a fillies 3yo maiden. The stake for the “winner is $14,000 plus there’s a QTIS bonus of $8500 to the winner if QTIS registered - which most are. So if we win, we get $22,500. If NZ think their Industry can survive on $10k or less Stakes, then they are kidding themselves. They need to generate more income and spend less on overheads. The overhead absorption of funds is ( imho ) too high. 

Don't see it in anywhere , no Waller trained filly in the 3yr old mdn , looks like you don't have to worry about the $14,000

20 hours ago, Trump said:

Can I ask how much you pay in training fees Trumpie?

Firstly, Triple Alliance. P Shailer doesn’t train for me. I just mentioned him as a former struggling young Kiwi Trainer who is now not struggling and having great success running the Waller GC Stable. Secondly, Basil Brush. We have two horses with leading Qld Trainer, Tony Gollan. In full training we pay $88 per day. Then the extras are float fees, any dentist etc, the usual. So for a 31 day month, it’s $2728 plus any extras. They can add between $400 and $800 to the bill, so somewhere around $3500. Mostly, it’s never over $4k for the month. If our horse wins a tough maiden tomorrow, we will get around $25k with the winners purse plus QTIS bonuses. That would cover about 9 months (5 months training and 4 months spelling and pre-training). I hope that answers your question Basil.