RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Betting man

Blood testing

I believe there were a large number of dogs blood tested at Auckland recently and rumour is there will be more on Christmas Eve,  just curious - what are they looking for that isn’t traceable in a urine swab?  

I have heard it is the only way to find EPO but I was wondering if there are other substances that require blood analysis for identification ?

20 hours ago, Betting man said:

I believe there were a large number of dogs blood tested at Auckland recently and rumour is there will be more on Christmas Eve,  just curious - what are they looking for that isn’t traceable in a urine swab?  

I have heard it is the only way to find EPO but I was wondering if there are other substances that require blood analysis for identification ?

Epo has been able to be picked up in the urine for years now I believe. Everything lasts longer in the blood though if that's any consolation

9 hours ago, GOM said:

It doesn't matter what they are looking for BM , unless you are giving them something you shouldn't

I’m sorry GOM I didn’t realise I couldn’t show an interest in my industry, I don’t train any dogs so have no intentions of providing them with any substances, was merely interested in the process.

I have never been one to just follow brainlessly along without investigating the “why”

Personally I’m all for as much testing as is required to keep our industry is above board.