RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

Peter Jenson

HARNESS RACING NEW ZEALAND APPOINTS NEW CHIEF EXECUTIVE

Harness Racing New Zealand (HRNZ) is delighted to confirm today that it has appointed Peter Jensen as Chief Executive.

Mr Jensen comes to HRNZ with a wealth of senior level leadership experience.

They include Chief Executive roles at Spanbild Holdings Ltd, a large Christchurch-based construction company with multiple business units operating across Australasia, Southern Response, a Government-owned insurer, and most recently with Addington Raceway Ltd.

HRNZ Board Chair Ken Spicer said Mr Jensen has a strong mix of commercial expertise and racing knowledge and interest.

“Peter Jensen has extensive business experience along with a life-long passion for harness racing. His background in customer-centric organisations, central government and managing complex projects are well suited to leading the HRNZ team as our industry deals with the changes that are likely to be ahead as a result of the Messara report”.

Mr Jensen said he was looking forward to leading the HRNZ team and working with the board to deliver meaningful change.

“HRNZ faces a number of challenges but also some exciting opportunities. It is a privilege to have the opportunity to lead the business and I am looking forward to bringing to this role my skills, experience and passion for the sport to make a real difference for industry stakeholders”.

Mr Jensen’s start date is yet to be confirmed as he completes his commitments to Addington.

In the meantime, Liz Bishop GM Operations, will act as Chief Executive.

Mr Spicer said he was confident HRNZ will be in good hands with Mrs Bishop, who has been with the business since April, at the helm.

Edward Rennell’s last day with HRNZ is on December 19, after 21 years as Chief Executive.

Mr Spicer said Mr Rennell has made a significant contribution to the sport of harness racing: “I would like to express our gratitude for the commitment Edward has shown to HRNZ over such a long period of time.

“He can be rightly proud of what has been achieved under his stewardship. The Board wishes Edward every success in his future endeavours.”

The chair of the New Zealand Metropolitan Trotting Club, Brent Smith said Addington is disappointed to lose Mr Jensen but understood his desire to take a leadership role with a broader industry perspective.

Mr Smith said: “Peter has achieved a great deal in his time at Addington. We are confident the business is in good shape and on track to remain New Zealand’s premier harness racing club.

“We have commenced our search for our next CEO and will make an announcement on this early in 2019, once the process is complete.”

He did not last long and  can anyone tell me what Smith was on about re "“Peter has achieved a great deal in his time at Addington" He inherited a thriving business from previous management and im wondering what others think

3 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

He did not last long and  can anyone tell me what Smith was on about re "“Peter has achieved a great deal in his time at Addington" He inherited a thriving business from previous management and im wondering what others think

Standard babble when someone leaves, provided they are not in handcuffs.

members leaving in droves - which is good for the club because they only want to sell packages to corporate dining

owners treated like criminals to try and get and see their horse in the stables

court fine for underpaying workers with holiday act issue and it was only because of his attitude

https://www.employment.govt.nz/about/news-and-updates/canterbury-trotting-club-fined-10000-for-underpaying-staff/ 

and the Southern Response spy case 

so well done Spicer - another F up - great acquisition there

Edward will be a hard act to follow - a CEO role can be friendless at times however he has been approachable, knowledgeable and astute when it came to the numbers, over a long tenure. Underlying this with industry understanding of the harness racing game.

Racing in NZ will see structural changes in the next 2-3 years and the key objective for the incumbant will be to ensure that the harness can lift its feed from the NZRB’s supposed increasing income trough. 

8 hours ago, enteebee said:

members leaving in droves - which is good for the club because they only want to sell packages to corporate dining

owners treated like criminals to try and get and see their horse in the stables

court fine for underpaying workers with holiday act issue and it was only because of his attitude

https://www.employment.govt.nz/about/news-and-updates/canterbury-trotting-club-fined-10000-for-underpaying-staff/ 

and the Southern Response spy case 

so well done Spicer - another F up - great acquisition there

And lets not forget shutting the media out of Addington when Inca news broke, that was real clever IMHO-not

19 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

The chair of the New Zealand Metropolitan Trotting Club, Brent Smith said Addington is disappointed to lose Mr Jensen but understood his desire to take a leadership role with a broader industry perspective.

Mr Smith said: “Peter has achieved a great deal in his time at Addington. We are confident the business is in good shape and on track to remain New Zealand’s premier harness racing club.

Now is this the Armalight Brent Smith or the Yaldie Brent Smith or someone else?

Anyways I have 2 questions for Brent Smith.

1) What has Peter Jensen achieved?

2) What makes you believe the NZMTC is NZ's premier club?

13 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Now is this the Armalight Brent Smith or the Yaldie Brent Smith or someone else?

They are dreamers KH, always have been. Apart from Cup week the place is a ghost town. Auckland has always been miles ahead.

2 hours ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Both good points but given the nature and composition of NZMTC board  its hard to take them seriously at times. But to answer your question in part

" Brent Smith was formally Deputy Chair, and has 30 years’ experience as a Chartered Accountant, and is one of the Managing Directors at Ainger Tomlin Chartered Accountants. Brent is on a number of other boards around Christchurch."

2 hours ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Not Armalight Brent Smith.  He’s a bit younger than him. 

22 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

HARNESS RACING NEW ZEALAND APPOINTS NEW CHIEF EXECUTIVE

Harness Racing New Zealand (HRNZ) is delighted to confirm today that it has appointed Peter Jensen as Chief Executive.

Mr Jensen comes to HRNZ with a wealth of senior level leadership experience.

They include Chief Executive roles at Spanbild Holdings Ltd, a large Christchurch-based construction company with multiple business units operating across Australasia, Southern Response, a Government-owned insurer, and most recently with Addington Raceway Ltd.

HRNZ Board Chair Ken Spicer said Mr Jensen has a strong mix of commercial expertise and racing knowledge and interest.

“Peter Jensen has extensive business experience along with a life-long passion for harness racing. His background in customer-centric organisations, central government and managing complex projects are well suited to leading the HRNZ team as our industry deals with the changes that are likely to be ahead as a result of the Messara report”.

Mr Jensen said he was looking forward to leading the HRNZ team and working with the board to deliver meaningful change.

“HRNZ faces a number of challenges but also some exciting opportunities. It is a privilege to have the opportunity to lead the business and I am looking forward to bringing to this role my skills, experience and passion for the sport to make a real difference for industry stakeholders”.

Mr Jensen’s start date is yet to be confirmed as he completes his commitments to Addington.

In the meantime, Liz Bishop GM Operations, will act as Chief Executive.

Mr Spicer said he was confident HRNZ will be in good hands with Mrs Bishop, who has been with the business since April, at the helm.

Edward Rennell’s last day with HRNZ is on December 19, after 21 years as Chief Executive.

Mr Spicer said Mr Rennell has made a significant contribution to the sport of harness racing: “I would like to express our gratitude for the commitment Edward has shown to HRNZ over such a long period of time.

“He can be rightly proud of what has been achieved under his stewardship. The Board wishes Edward every success in his future endeavours.”

“We have commenced our search for our next CEO and will make an announcement on this early in 2019, once the process is complete.”

They need someone who is media & social media savvy.   NSW racing is going ahead because they have been able to negotiate international media rights for their racing.  That’s the type of skills this position needs, not someone from Sthern Response. 

10 minutes ago, tim vince said:

No idea who he is but I would think give him a chance before bagging him.in 6 months time I might join u but   let's wait till then.

we dealt face to face with him at Addington so are in a position to bag him - not the right person for the job but a puppet for Ken who will be calling the shots

39 minutes ago, tim vince said:

Maybe high on his agenda is why there are 76 starters at Auckland tonight on what you would think a prime time of year.

Money might have something to do with it Tim...:rolleyes:

You moved into that Penthouse yet...??? :rcfe-like:

On 12/21/2018 at 3:36 PM, enteebee said:

we dealt face to face with him at Addington so are in a position to bag him - not the right person for the job but a puppet for Ken who will be calling the shots

Reminds me a bit of someone who calls the shots on a disgrace of a Facebook page which masquerades as being for Harness Racing Owners. 

Oh, wait. Isn't that you, Neil?