RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Griffin

NZ TAB Response

I have had this info passed onto me from someone who has recently opened a sports bar in the CD.

The bar used to have a TAB. The new owner wants a TAB and is prepared to pay a staff member to run a Terminal or he was just after a POD.

He approached the TAB and was told it would not happen, he then asked to speak to someone higher up and was told you are speaking to him. Matt Sole.

The bar is doing well and Patrons are asking when the TAB is opening. He then approached Matt Sole again and this was the reply:

What further do you need to know, we cannot help you.

TAB is not looking at putting PODS into bars as they are not profitable.

TAB have removed 3x PODS out of bars in the area this month.

TAB does not want to Saturate the area.

You should have done a bit more research on this option before you opened up a Sports Bar.

Your customers could always go to the Bar around the corner and place a bet.

It costs the TAB a $1000 per week to operate a POD and we just can’t give them away to everyone. It is not worth the cost of Training personnel, and we have line rental to pay.

TAB are making more off Mobile content.

This is the Racing Board instruction.

TAB current strategy will not change for at least 12 months.

Are we paying $100,000 for someone like Matt Sole to be this proactive? If there is someone like this in every region, we could save a million right there.

Matt Sole would be well advised to enrol in a remedial Public Relations Course. If he is serious about profitability why not scrap the morning American Racing product which would be running at a considerable loss. The turnover would not even cover the cost of printing the fields!

4 hours ago, gubellini said:

Matt Sole would be well advised to enrol in a remedial Public Relations Course. If he is serious about profitability why not scrap the morning American Racing product which would be running at a considerable loss. The turnover would not even cover the cost of printing the fields!

The pokies more than make up for it Gub....:rolleyes:

12 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

My god. If this was 1 April I would think you were taking the piss. That is an appalling way for someone in a highly paid leadership role to write. What a terrible attitude. What is his background? Is he another ex NZ Post refugee?

According to LinkedIn: Matt Sole

Summary

I have been in the Banking world for 15 years.
I have a strong background in Sales and Service, be it on the frontline or management.

I started out as a Service Consultant with National Bank and graduating to Personal Lender and then Home Lender.

I then moved to a Team Leader and Site Manager role, coaching and developing Service staff to spot and refer sales opportunities on the frontline.

I then progressed to Assistant Manager role in one of the busiest Branches in NZ and did a 5 month secondment as the Manager of the branch during the Branch Changeover from National Bank to ANZ.
I attended several Change Management courses to help with this event, and these have become quite valuable in the following years.

I then moved into the role of Assistant Manager of ANZ Wellington Branch in the CBD, coaching and developing service and sales staff in the most visible and high value branch in our region.

I took a role closer to the suburbs as the Branch Manager at NZCU Baywide, this enabled me to connect to the wider community and have an influence in the local business scene.
The role enabled me to secure sponsorship grants with local sport and arts groups, and help promote Welcome Home Loans to people who otherwise might not of had an opportunity to gain that knowledge and benefit.

Most recently, I have moved to Kiwibank and taken the role of Team Leader of the Direct Lending team, managing a team of 12 home lenders, with the goal of growing our team year on year.
Based in the Wellington CBD and catering for the whole country, my team is a busy and driven machine who are making Kiwi's better off every day!

Experience

3 hours ago, Chameleon said:

Summary

I have a strong background in Sales and Service, be it on the frontline or management.

I started out as a Service Consultant with National Bank and graduating to Personal Lender and then Home Lender.

I then moved to a Team Leader and Site Manager role, coaching and developing Service staff to spot and refer sales opportunities on the frontline.

I then progressed to Assistant Manager role in one of the busiest Branches in NZ and did a 5 month secondment as the Manager of the branch during the Branch Changeover from National Bank to ANZ.
I attended several Change Management courses to help with this event, and these have become quite valuable in the following years.

I then moved into the role of Assistant Manager of ANZ Wellington Branch in the CBD, coaching and developing service and sales staff in the most visible and high value branch in our region.

I took a role closer to the suburbs as the Branch Manager at NZCU Baywide, this enabled me to connect to the wider community and have an influence in the local business scene.
The role enabled me to secure sponsorship grants with local sport and arts groups, and help promote Welcome Home Loans to people who otherwise might not of had an opportunity to gain that knowledge and benefit.

Most recently, I have moved to Kiwibank and taken the role of Team Leader of the Direct Lending team, managing a team of 12 home lenders, with the goal of growing our team year on year.
Based in the Wellington CBD and catering for the whole country, my team is a busy and driven machine who are making Kiwi's better off every day!

Experience

Holy shit!

Is this for real or a spoof posting?

10 hours ago, Chameleon said:

Summary

Experience

Typical of this mob. All these fancy HR and Talent...surely a euphemism....titles.....and this is the best they can do..a Bank Clerk...:rolleyes:

On 12/18/2018 at 7:32 PM, tonkatime said:

Can anyone explain what the $1000 per week the tab are claiming per pod is made up of? 

The mind boggles.

Surely they don't pay a site rental.

There would be some set up cost re the POD and the 2 TV's maybe they supply a printer for doing the fields. I actually have no idea.

As for ongoing costs its hard to fathom.

I know they consider taking them out if the weekly turnover falls below $2500.

1 hour ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

The mind boggles.

Surely they don't pay a site rental.

There would be some set up cost re the POD and the 2 TV's maybe they supply a printer for doing the fields. I actually have no idea.

As for ongoing costs its hard to fathom.

I know they consider taking them out if the weekly turnover falls below $2500.

You would think they would be no more than an ATM to operate. Even if they took a small percentage to cover POD bets, suppose that’s too hard for people who know nothing about gambling.

If the TABs don’t want customers, the Pub Bookie should come back, and they will do well.

8 minutes ago, Griffin said:

You would think they would be no more than an ATM to operate. Even if they took a small percentage to cover POD bets, suppose that’s too hard for people who know nothing about gambling.

If the TABs don’t want customers, the Pub Bookie should come back, and they will do well.

There's a few around already. Ironical isn't it? I have a good thesis floating round somewhere about how the TAB got rid of the pub bookies by moving into that market when the police had failed to achieve much. Now the TAB are moving out, the bookies back in and they are worrying about minimal overseas leakage. Brilliant! So the downward revenue spiral continues and is exacerbated while they sit round with their hands out for beneficiary type assistance from the taxpayer and other business sources.

Sadly this is typical of the attitude of many of the suits in Petone these days under the Hughes/Allen regime, far too many of whom are ex-bankers or post office workers with no betting experience. A friend of a friend ran one of the most profitable TABs in Auckland a couple of years ago, and were the first to post a $10,000,000 turnover on the year. A few days later the northern area manager came to visit, but instead of a congratulatory handshake or even a token acknowledgement of this achievement, this bloke went to the back of the TAB, behind the counter, looked around, before telling the TAB manager: "There's a lot of dust in the corners behind the counter" then left. The fact is the TAB actually want not only PubTabs but also Agencies to close down because they want their customers to bet online because overheads are lower. This is the same misguided philosophy that caused them to shut down Phone Betting which was for so long the core of the TAB operation.  

While I’ve had a online account for years it’s the least enjoyable way of betting for me . I much prefer the human side of betting siting with the locals on a Saturday having a beer and talking shite and enjoying the banter as the races unfold. Handing over your hard earned to a person and  enjoying the human interaction is far more enjoyable than the touch of a few buttons. I dread the day they remove that option .

Here's what happens.  The day before heading away on holiday I rung my mate for a beer and a bet at a bar in town, I hadn't been in this bar for a while so get there buy a couple of Heinys and make out way to the small little room that has a self service machine and trackside.... Hello no machine any more, we didn't get the phone out and have a bet via the phone accounts, decided to chuck a few dollars in the Pokies instead that was right next door. 

They need competition, I'm sure 365 or Will Hill would have had a machine in the next day if they had the chance.