RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

Smokin By

Heres the RIU report on its performance as a 1.60 shot

" SMOKIN BY - over-raced rounding the final bend when held up for clear racing room. Shifted outwards near the 300 metres. Placed in restricted room in the early stages of the run home"

To all the conspiracy theorists out there, it was a mere coincidence that his brother who trailed Smokin By won the race after using the passing lane vacated by his brother early in the straight. It looked a lot worse than it actually was. Yea Nah

Are you guys serious? The Williamsons (all of them) are some of the most competitive people on a racecourse and you're looking to create a scandal where there isn't one!

Smokin By was over-racing so Nathan took the opportunity to get him into the clear well before the passing lane, but because he was over-racing he took a little while to get balanced up and hit full speed. By sheer co-incidence while that was happening the horse outside of him laid in and tightened him, and Matty's horse shot through a lucky gap.

One horse was being a handfful to drive and getting no luck, and the other was travelling well and got all the luck. End of story.

I'm afraid you'll have to look elsewhere to satisfy your need for a scandal and a reputation to sully!

1 hour ago, JackSprat said:

Are you guys serious? The Williamsons (all of them) are some of the most competitive people on a racecourse and you're looking to create a scandal where there isn't one!

Smokin By was over-racing so Nathan took the opportunity to get him into the clear well before the passing lane, but because he was over-racing he took a little while to get balanced up and hit full speed. By sheer co-incidence while that was happening the horse outside of him laid in and tightened him, and Matty's horse shot through a lucky gap.

One horse was being a handfful to drive and getting no luck, and the other was travelling well and got all the luck. End of story.

I'm afraid you'll have to look elsewhere to satisfy your need for a scandal and a reputation to sully!

Not Scandal ,just mere observation about the actual drive See my original post JS. Stipes were happy and lets see what the future holds for Smokin

Suspect does not have to mean illegal or illicit it can mean lacking in judgement as I think was the situation in this case. Yes the horse was on the bit, but not so badly he couldn't have waited for a second or two for the passing lane to come up. If he had done that he would have won the race

4 hours ago, Stables said:

Suspect does not have to mean illegal or illicit it can mean lacking in judgement as I think was the situation in this case. Yes the horse was on the bit, but not so badly he couldn't have waited for a second or two for the passing lane to come up. If he had done that he would have won the race

Nice attempt at backing away from your original assertion Stables. Nobody suspects bad judgement. They suspect foul play. Which is exactly what both you and Fartoomuch were alluding to!

Virtually every race run in Southland has 2 or more Williamsons driving in it. I'd be grateful if you could point me at a single instance of them being anything other than straight up in all the years they've been competing!

Matty's horse won because it was better mannered and got the luck. But I suppose you think Mitchell Kerr and Nathan concocted a fiendish plan to bring a horse all the way down from Canterbury, get it to race erratically, and fleece the local punters, whilst making a fortune off Matty's drive?

Whatever you do don't let the facts get in the way of a good yarn!

3 hours ago, JackSprat said:

Nice attempt at backing away from your original assertion Stables. Nobody suspects bad judgement. They suspect foul play. Which is exactly what both you and Fartoomuch were alluding to!

Virtually every race run in Southland has 2 or more Williamsons driving in it. I'd be grateful if you could point me at a single instance of them being anything other than straight up in all the years they've been competing!

Matty's horse won because it was better mannered and got the luck. But I suppose you think Mitchell Kerr and Nathan concocted a fiendish plan to bring a horse all the way down from Canterbury, get it to race erratically, and fleece the local punters, whilst making a fortune off Matty's drive?

I think you are being a bit precious...they are also entitled to have an opinion.

Totally agree Scooby. But whilst a valid opinion is one thing, a thinly veiled accusation of "suspect" goings on is another thing altogether.

As you've often stated ... if people want to make wild allegations, especially against some of the most reputable people on the game, then lets see the evidence.

7 hours ago, JackSprat said:

Totally agree Scooby. But whilst a valid opinion is one thing, a thinly veiled accusation of "suspect" goings on is another thing altogether.

As you've often stated ... if people want to make wild allegations, especially against some of the most reputable people on the game, then lets see the evidence.

As I said I think you are being to sensitive about this..I don't think Fartoomuch is that type of person...just saying.

11 hours ago, JackSprat said:

Read what i said " It looked a lot worse than it actually was "

So never did i suggest foul play - feel free to apologise

No problem ....

Immediately after your publicly apology to the Williamson brothers for your snide little slur aimed at their integrity!

PS. If you want to quote yourself, quote everything you've said on the matter, not just the small bit that suits your backdown.

10 minutes ago, JackSprat said:

No problem ....

Immediately after your publicly apology to the Williamson brothers for your snide little slur aimed at their integrity!

PS. If you want to quote yourself, quote everything you've said on the matter, not just the small bit that suits your backdown.

I actually think you are over reacting...time to move on please...no need to look for a fight..you both have differing opinions..thats fine...cheers.

3 hours ago, JackSprat said:

No problem ....

Chill Jack, i might do exactly that if it makes you happy when i have a beer with them in a couple of weeks.

Xmas request/  Can those gamblers!!! who wish to complain about drivers/riders please go to another site and complain about losing their money. Getting sick of people complaining about rorts perceived or not when they lose. Otherwise get off their asses and away from their computers and get out and jump in a cart in all sorts of whether be it fine or wet in the early hours like 3am like I do and really experience what NZ racing is really about.

33 minutes ago, kilcoyne said:

Xmas request/  Can those gamblers!!! who wish to complain about drivers/riders please go to another site and complain about losing their money. Getting sick of people complaining about rorts perceived or not when they lose. Otherwise get off their asses and away from their computers and get out and jump in a cart in all sorts of whether be it fine or wet in the early hours like 3am like I do and really experience what NZ racing is really about.

Im not sure anyone in this discussion actually backed Smokin By Kilcoyne , i certainly didn't but as it was a 1.60 a lot did.

2 hours ago, kilcoyne said:

I get it.Drivers are immune to criticism and do not make mistakes. Does that apply to the stipes and other officials?  By the way,why do you think only punters express negative opinions.    My xmas request for you would be not to take things to heart.

Would have done the same at his previous start ... but he didn't have the speed to lead.

As Mitchel Kerr said post race, "He’s got all the ability in the world. He’s just needs things to go his way."

For the benefit of those who may have missed it - he's not an easy horse to drive!

2 hours ago, JackSprat said:

Would have done the same at his previous start ... but he didn't have the speed to lead.

As Mitchel Kerr said post race, "He’s got all the ability in the world. He’s just needs things to go his way."

For the benefit of those who may have missed it - he's not an easy horse to drive!

Looked to do everything right yesterday, ran away and hid after being given the perfect run. Another 8 points to take him to R 74