RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
iwmcn

SWEENEYS PRE RACE COMMENTS(BURBLE)

Was it his intimate knowledge and experience  that caused him to dismiss DUPLICITYS chances at Awapuni today or his uncontrollable jaw.

His reason was on the grounds that the horse would best be suited to a stronger rider and apologised to Daniel in his pre race comment for saying so..

I believe its more a case of him not only getting egg on his face but the shell too.

DUPLICITY WON.

1 hour ago, iwmcn said:

Was it his intimate knowledge and experience  that caused him to dismiss DUPLICITYS chances at Awapuni today or his uncontrollable jaw.

His reason was on the grounds that the horse would best be suited to a stronger rider and apologised to Daniel in his pre race comment for saying so..

I believe its more a case of him not only getting egg on his face but the shell too.

DUPLICITY WON.

Parkes had been riding it. Great training feat too coming back from 3200m NZ Cup in November.

14 hours ago, iwmcn said:

DUPLICITY WON.

Its why Sky remotes have a mute button

12 hours ago, Trump said:

What about Aiden Rodley’s summing up the chances of the 2 main chances, Love Affair and Lilylamour, and using the “ratings” as the reason one will win over the other. Neither won the race :( 

He raved on about Igraine being "thrown in" too....she didn't win either.....:rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

They are undoubtedly THE most boring hosts ever...a close 2nd is Singapore since Tom Wood left....complete drones.

Scooby, please update me. Where has Tom Woods gone? 

Has he left the comments team or Singapore?

Often get in a sweat when they tip a horse I 've backed , if they write it off my confidence increases ten fold.   I know it isn't the easiest job but had to laugh over  a certain tipster at Avondale one  meeting.  Bloke wandered up with wad  of tickets and asked me what this certain  tipster had selected in that race.   When I told him he was all curses  and threw all his  tickets in bin before race even began before storming off . Race starts and horse jumps out 10 lengths behind the field, no chance.  In case like that really the " tipster's curse "

To be fair I prefer them sticking neck out rather than covering all bases like they do at times. They sometimes cover field the way a medium does in a show , anyone in audience know someone who died, were they old , right you with hand up , yes you the older guy , right is your great grandad dead,he is !!!! right ain't I great  that kind of crap.

6 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Yes he is a commentator in Hong Kong now...good on him he keeps on going up...

7 hours ago, Breeder said:

Insider --Tom is now on the commentary team in Hong Kong, I believe.

yes the hkjc obviously recognized his talent unlike slackside here in nz. He is the number 2 commentator there behind brett davis. another kiwi performing on the world stage, like jayne ivil with racing.com who i note took a shot in the informant at her previous employers slackside. couldn’t run a piss up in a brewery 

Regarding Rodley - I thought his logic was sound enough, especially on the Cup. Failed to take into account the affect that Pukekohe surface had on the Mongolian horse at its last start, but other than that there was reasoning in his column. 

Let's be fair though, it is a hard game to be in. Look at the competitive nature of the competitions on here, and how quickly you can go from horseshit to honey.

It isn't easy picking winners regularly, as we all know. 

With regards to Jockey Managers. If a Trackside Presenter is also an active JM, then perhaps they should be barred from tipping in a race that has one of his/her Jockey clients riding in. Just a thought. This would keep the integrity at a higher level don’t you think?

13 hours ago, Trump said:

With regards to Jockey Managers. If a Trackside Presenter is also an active JM, then perhaps they should be barred from tipping in a race that has one of his/her Jockey clients riding in. Just a thought. This would keep the integrity at a higher level don’t you think?

Can't see it would make an iota of difference Trumpy. All markets get manipulated.