RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
uneasy

Waipukurau

Isn't it good to watch an "old style" genuine not irrigated firm track where all horses get their chance

I can't believe it is taking our track management so many years to realise it is the use, sometimes over use, of irrigation that is causing our problems. I made this comment in an extended interview with Andre Neal some 29 years ago. That irrigation will be the ruination of our racing and everyone knows I still stand by that comment!!

3 hours ago, puha said:

Was a great days racing with a brilliant oncourse crowd . Why would you even consider closing this track down ? 

It won’t ever be closed so long as Johnny Frizzel is alive, that I promise you. 

7 hours ago, Insider said:

It won’t ever be closed so long as Johnny Frizzel is alive, that I promise you. 

Guess I’m speaking in general terms these Xmas meetings are brilliant and such an important part of the local communities involved. Was great to see so many young people oncourse having a great time. 

The attendance looked bigger than most Saturday City meetings. I wonder how many there would have travelled to Hastings? I think it's easy to say close down these tracks to save costs, but I think the counter to that is the long term effects on participation in the sport.

19 hours ago, uneasy said:

Isn't it good to watch an "old style" genuine not irrigated firm track where all horses get their chance

I can't believe it is taking our track management so many years to realise it is the use, sometimes over use, of irrigation that is causing our problems. I made this comment in an extended interview with Andre Neal some 29 years ago. That irrigation will be the ruination of our racing and everyone knows I still stand by that comment!!

I have been preaching this for years and quoting your interview with Andre many times , Racing clubs have been forced into purchasing expensive irrigation systems because some "Shiny Arse" in an office says we should , my money says the shiny arse  has never put a foot on a racetrack let alone raced or bet on a horse .

Hope your health is on the improve

On 12/9/2018 at 3:26 PM, uneasy said:

Totally agree

11 hours ago, Peter Harrop said:

The attendance looked bigger than most Saturday City meetings. I wonder how many there would have travelled to Hastings? I think it's easy to say close down these tracks to save costs, but I think the counter to that is the long term effects on participation in the sport.

Save what costs?