RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
lamour

Sales

Had a quick glance at the catalog online and thought the Auckland sale doesn’t  seem as strong as prior years.  Couldn’t see anything from the Scuse Me family.   Anyone notice the same?

agree lamour, completed my appraisal Karaka and I was waiting for the standouts to jump out but they are not there. sure the top 10 will sell well but there is a def.lack of highest quality as in previous years. maybe why Purdons buying big in Australia. Maybe some breeders are not happy with the new setup with their 1000 rules/ Breeders do not seem keen on using thisforum so it may remain a mystery.Another answer maybe that the best 5 or 6 families that produce the classic winners year after year are now tightly held and are raced by the breeders or purchased privately (for big money) The only problem is that this first NZB foray into Harness racing sales looks like a bit of a disaster although they will not admit it. They are used to selling yearlings (thoroughbred) where a 20000 price is considered as a gift for the purchaser and an insult to the seller .I wonder what will happen when they sell lots for alot less (unfortunately)

There is some nice horses in the top 10 and a grand daughter of scuse me...see lot 37 could be a foundation mare for someone after racing career.. .by bettors...also full bros to chase auckland lot104...., Another grand son of scuse me lot 95 is pos a sale topping colt being by usa super 2 year old sire sweet lou out of bettors mare.Of course the safest investment would be Bettors out of A CC mare.2nd dam being oaxaca lass and it is a colt lot 59   ........... these will all sell well, and the up and coming sires, sweet lou. a rocknroll dance,auckland reactor will be great for buyers.however there will be highnumber of passings I expect and a lower average than last year.

Therw are around 100 less yearlings at the sales this year. Could be that breeders could be retaining stock to race themselves but I also know some professional preparers didn't get some of their own stock nominated into the sales. This tells me confirmation and type were more than likely the main criteria for selection , not pedigree or broodmares  family. 

Photo is my  Piping Hot General x Flirt With Me colt born early Nov 2018. All Age sale Topoer ??

20181228_122613.jpg

Nice types by Bettors, & Art Major will sell well as usual and you can add Sweet Lou to the list this year.   I think other stallions will struggle to get past the 40k mark even with an outstanding type.  Captaintrecerous foals could be very popular though.   

Lancewood lizzie s first foal should be well sought after in Karaka sales.as it is a colt by sweet lou andshe is by bettors out of a falcon seelster mare from the very succesful kamwood family (dianne wood) .it was by ET, but should go for big money. (lot 41) also first foal of linda lovegrace lot 47 being by somebeachsomewhere out of bettors/inthe pocket mare from great family. 

Agree Lamoure, was surprise . Roll with Joe will have to rely on his progeny , not his Brothers freakish abilities. RWJ was 3year old pacer of the year and a 1.48.8 record and has been a good sire in USA without reaching the heights of BD. Full brothers often perform quite differently at stud and many studies have come to a result that the speed inheritence factor  is hidden deep in a horses genetic makeup (60 chromosomes paired) .The phenotype (physical) shape and performance of each brother can be similar but the nysterious ability to be a geat sire cannot be assessed until pos 3 or 4 crops of racing age. RWJ is a larger horse (16 hands) than BD and foals look more impressive BUT   will need to prove himself with nz mares.The demand for his foals is therefore I feel (IMHO) somewhat premature. 

Some good points there JL particularly about waiting 3 or 4 years.   Niatross would bear your point out.  Had a great 1st crop but was disappointing with later crops.   Similarly Nat Lobell here had a very good first crop and turned out a complete flop in the finish.