RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Winner69

‘Presented’

‘Presented’ is one of the most used words on Trackside....and most irritating, especially in the context it’s generally used in.

It’s getting worse .....must be well over 50 times today and it’s only 3 o’clock

Plain  English it isn’t ......must be a special racing term

Sorry. Rant over

bugger ..Charli Rose has just been ‘presented’ as the $3.70 favourite.  Hopefully  she will be ‘presented’ by Coleman  turning into the straight and stark away to win 

8 minutes ago, Winner69 said:

‘Presented’ is one of the most used words on Trackside....and most irritating, especially in the context it’s generally used in.

It’s getting worse .....must be well over 50 times today and it’s only 3 o’clock

Plain  English it isn’t ......must be a special racing term

Sorry. Rant over

bugger ..Charli Rose has just been ‘presented’ as the $3.70 favourite.  Hopefully  she will be ‘presented’ by Coleman  turning into the straight and stark away to win 

Presented a little too late.....while the leader was presented with the race......:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, We're Doomed said:

I don't hear George much thankfully, but every time I do hear him he comes out with" early doors". No idea what it means. Does he have a word of the year or something?

Early doors " women's drawers " in rhyming slang, but early arrivals at pub in old country are Early Doors . 

45 minutes ago, bus stop said:

Just get rid of the trackside presenters full stop does anyone really take note of what they have to say, and the after race interviews they can be very long winded at times the jocks would be happy.

And now Sweeney is recycling the "jumping out of trees " mantra!

23 hours ago, mckenzie said:

You do find certain cliches become popular all of a sudden. Another recent one is "maps well"... e.g. "he maps well for this race", I'm not sure if that means speed map wise or just is ready to go well but the turn of phrase doesn't need to be used every race. 

There was a decent stayer a few years ago and I am sure he mapped well.  His name was Mercator.

This is a bit off topic but here goes.

Race one at Shatin tonight.  The trifecta terminated to 58%.  The dividend was $3745.20.  The turnover for the trifecta was $2172.  If you had 58% of the $3745.20 trifecta you would have collected $2172.  But the total turnover was $2172.  Somebody is feeding me bull dust, and I do not know who it is, because I cannot believe that the New Zealand Racing Board would run a trifecta with no deductions whatsoever..

15 minutes ago, Tauhei Notts said:

There was a decent stayer a few years ago and I am sure he mapped well.  His name was Mercator.

Thanks TN,  that's my one learn something new everyday for today , racing is an education Gerardus Mercater the best Flemish mapmaker in history of Flemish  mapmaking in the 16th century, please let it be a question at next pub quiz.