RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

ALL UP COMP ENTRY THREAD SAT 8th DEC

OK one day only comp...Saturday 8th Dec $150.00 prize 1st $80.00 2nd $50.00 3rd $20.00 ...betting credit to be used as you wish....simple rules....

Select 1 horse to have an imaginary $10.00 total bet per race  W/P  in each of the three selected races.You can invest the $10.00 as you wish on Win,Place or split it Win/Place....$10 split over a W/P  ie 5/5, 2/8, 3/7 etc...Winnings on the 1st race all gets put on the second as you had originally posted in your entry....

Miss on the 1st race you start the 2nd race with the same $10.00 total amount W/P bet on 1 horse and the same for the 3rd race.

So win on the first race double up to the 2nd then win on the 2nd race doubled up to the 3rd.

The winner will be who has won the most money after three races are completed.

You can be conservative or go all out to win if you are brave enough.

Anyway just a bit of fun.

Scratchings after entries posted go onto TAB fav for the race.

Races are

TRENTHAM

1.  Race 4 2.30pm Wakefield Challenge Stakes 2yo Group 2 1,000m  $100,000

2.  Race 8 4.50pm Captain Cook Stakes WFA Group1 1600m $200,000

ELLERSLIE

3.  Race 6 5.50pm Bonecrusher Stakes 3yo Set Weights Group 3 1400m $70,000

Post entries as follows

Race 1 Horse number/Bet amount W/P

Race 2 Horse number/Bet amount W/P

Race 3 Horse number /Bet amount W/P

If a draw prizes will be shared.

My decisions will be final...

Good Luck.

ENTRIES CLOSE 1.30PM Saturday.

A couple of questions for clarification please... If for e.g., I had $5ew on a horse in the first race and it only runs 2nd paying $1.50 for a place then the collect from that race is only $7.50.

So then is only the $7.50 invested onto the 2nd race selection or is that added on the other $10 to give you $17.50 bet on race 2.?

Whether it be $7.50 or $17.50.... If my initial selection for the 2nd race is $3W $7P, how will you decide how the $7.50 or $17.50 is then divided into how much for a WIN and how much for a place in the 2nd race.?

I am truly grateful for the opportunity to enter in any of the comps so please don't think my questions are trying to be negative in any way.

Thanks...

18 minutes ago, Ponderosa8 said:

A couple of questions for clarification please... If for e.g., I had $5ew on a horse in the first race and it only runs 2nd paying $1.50 for a place then the collect from that race is only $7.50.

So then is only the $7.50 invested onto the 2nd race selection or is that added on the other $10 to give you $17.50 bet on race 2.?

Whether it be $7.50 or $17.50.... If my initial selection for the 2nd race is $3W $7P, how will you decide how the $7.50 or $17.50 is then divided into how much for a WIN and how much for a place in the 2nd race.?

I am truly grateful for the opportunity to enter in any of the comps so please don't think my questions are trying to be negative in any way.

Thanks...

Rules state "miss on the first race you start 2nd race with the same $10". In your example you didn't miss completely on the first race so I'm guessing you just have your $7.50.

Wouldn't the $7.50 just be split 30% to win, 70% to place?

Key to comp is collecting in the 3rd race.  Someone who misses in the first two races but has a place collect in the 3rd, will finish ahead of someone who has the winner in both the first two races but misses in the 3rd race.

3 hours ago, Ponderosa8 said:

Thanks...

Ok if you win only 2.50 in the first race yes we will top up you bet for the 2nd race to a minimum of $10.00

If your original bet for the 2nd race was split 30/70 then your bet with whatever amount there is will be the same. Hope this helps.

20 hours ago, Kloppite said:

Rules state "miss on the first race you start 2nd race with the same $10". In your example you didn't miss completely on the first race so I'm guessing you just have your $7.50.

Wouldn't the $7.50 just be split 30% to win, 70% to place?

Key to comp is collecting in the 3rd race.  Someone who misses in the first two races but has a place collect in the 3rd, will finish ahead of someone who has the winner in both the first two races but misses in the 3rd race.

Hi Kloppite, yes that's correct  :)    I will be using the $10 money allocation as the percentage of funds you want placed  on the horse ie.  if you have $50 after the first and you have allocated $4/$6 in the second race then I'll put 20 win and 30 place, if you have allocated $7/$3 then I'll put $35 win and $15 place .. and so on.

Note that I will always do percentage splits to two decimal places ie.  .55  but I will ensure that your total amount is placed on the horse.