RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
THE TORCH

Super Gee relegated

Ive seen a few terrible decisions by our judicial system over the years but that one today has to be near the top of the heap. A "brush" at worst. Apparently Spring Bouquet would have timed its bob differently - thats all that they could have believed from McNab in the room. What a friggn joke. 

10 hours ago, shaneMcAlister said:

Trainer of the relegated horse Michelle Bradley said as soon as she saw the front on video she knew her horse would be put out.  As the front on video showed the hind quarters of Spring Bouquet being pushed out significantly and McNab never stopped riding.

Never stopped riding? Doesnt that (a) show how insignificant the brush was? and (b) that the horse was still urged to the line to its maximum?

What about the "winner"? It must have been hindered in some way if it was deemed to be bad. And it "won" without the stick being pulled by Lammas - totally hands and heels the last section of the race. 

Wake up stipes. I hope McNab didnt say "Oh Ive been in Australia recently and if this happened there then the placings would be reversed, no question!". To which our sheep would have nodded and gone along with him.

Spring Bouquet is the widest runner on the turn and finishes a few widths off the rail .

I like what i see of the USA system . It appears to be transparent , all angles are replayed for all to see . The decision is quick without a meeting behind closed doors. NZ racing is what it is .

The new rule  means connections of a horse protesting a race result will have to convince a judicial committee that their horse would have finished ahead of the horse who caused the interference.

I say racing needs a bunker system that does all meetings....similar to NRL          Connections should have zero say.

11 minutes ago, 100 1 said:

I say racing needs a bunker system that does all meetings....similar to NRL          Connections should have zero say.

I totally agree. Stewards should go on what they can see to make their decision. Saves time and maybe a more accurate unbiased decision can be made.