RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Catalano

Jericho Cup

I made sure to set my alarm (BBQ & chardy tends to make me lose concentration) to watch this race.

I love the concept, and managed to back the runner-up each-way, ridden by Emily Farr, at good odds.

Shame there was no Kiwi representation (although the winner was foaled in NZ) - Any thoughts on bringing the concept here?

https://justracing.com.au/2018/12/02/high-mode-wins-first-jericho-cup/

42 minutes ago, crustyngrizzly said:

IMO no good going to Trentham,very little patronage.Better going to a country club where it can be promoted better.

Probably true, but the figure 8 course would make it a better spectacle I recon,much the same as the 'bool' . Also trentham is central so makes travel much easier for both North Island and South Island horses. Not sure if there would be any other tracks that could make a cross country type track to make for a bit more interest? Ellerslie Hill or do the fences go right across  so no other way apart from jumping them?

I think we are more likely to see the Hill at Ellerslie  and the figure 8 track at Wellington sold before we see a Jericho Cup style race here.

Sounds like it was a spectacular event (goes to show you don't need to put up $13million to create something special unless your trying to increase returns to breeders).

But i guess we don't need iconic races over the Ellerslie hill or around the figure 8 track when we have all weather track racing to look forward too. 

The Hill at Ellerslie is something special NZ Racing has that the rest of the world doesn't. Surely we could use it to our advantage? (No real estate agents helping please)

We are in a shrinking box here and nobody seems prepared to think outside it. Marketing is half the battle.(The Everest is just the TJ Smith stakes with a few bells and whistles)

good to see bryce stanaway pick up a nice cheque for second with his grand old campaigner crafty cruiser.the earlier repercharge over 4000m also featured 6 of his runners.filled 2nd placing again.a good day for one of racings battlers

4 hours ago, swampfox said:

good to see bryce stanaway pick up a nice cheque for second with his grand old campaigner crafty cruiser.the earlier repercharge over 4000m also featured 6 of his runners.filled 2nd placing again.a good day for one of racings battlers

Dont know much about Bryce Stanaway but noticed the other week at Cranbourne he had old Crafty Cruiser in with two other stablemates . All battlers really but thing about them all had excess 100 race starts so indicates he really knows how to look after a horse year in year out to keep them going , passing vets checks , so good on him picking up decent cheque.