RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

Cromwell Today

29 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Lovely bit of real estate that, nice vines and excellent Pinot grown in that precinct, not to mention the stone fruit. 

I guess Messara will have thought of that when he decided to snatch the joint, sell it up and give the proceeds to the great white hopeless, played and missed, aka missing in action Jackson.

I know NZTR will spend the proceeds of this snatch and grab raid well though, they always do :) 

The above aside im sure you enjoyed riding that circuit. I well remember meeting Midget and Michael Mein on the pool table after the first of 2 days there. Sunday was compulsory trip to Bannockburn with Peter Kean's old man mine host.

4 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Lovely bit of real estate that, nice vines and excellent Pinot grown in that precinct, not to mention the stone fruit. 

I guess Messara will have thought of that when he decided to snatch the joint, sell it up and give the proceeds to the great white hopeless, played and missed, aka missing in action Jackson.

I know NZTR will spend the proceeds of this snatch and grab raid well though, they always do :) 

Cromwell is one of the courses being retained not sold. In think it's owned by a Lakes district trust.

One meeting for the coasters, might as well shut the whole lot down, those north island trainers have kept the horse numbers up, and I very much doubt they will come for one day, be lucky to get the numbers without them, certainly  doesn't look good for the future of racing there.

1 hour ago, Shad said:

One meeting for the coasters, might as well shut the whole lot down, those north island trainers have kept the horse numbers up, and I very much doubt they will come for one day, be lucky to get the numbers without them, certainly  doesn't look good for the future of racing there.

Exactly,  the clubs involved - and anyone else who cares - are only too aware of that,  but there is/will be a great deal of resistance.  The scrap hasn't started yet......

....which will be pointless if  NZTR in its ineffable wisdom refuses those clubs a licence to race.

Will be very interesting;  certainly I have doubts that Winston will have the cross-party support to get any legislative change - and who would want to give extra funding to the current mob to further mismanage anyway?

6 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Leased, yes, from whom I don’t know, but my point was more about Messara land grad......and when you grab all the other tracks that make up a circuit you efffectively bring racing to an end on that track too.

The Coast might be a better example, if they grab Reefton, ,Hokitika and  Greymouth will the Rae’s,  Clotworthy’s and Meyers etc...travel to the Coast just for Kūmara ?

Just my thoughts, Pitty, you’ll know better, what do you think ?

Coast circuit one of highlights for me , if I cannot make it over its always a mysky for later after work. My favorite is Omoto but all those courses bloody good fun days racing . Be very sad to think this could be last year for most of them.Omoto was underwater a few years back and raced a few days later , must be something right about that track and I cannot recall them canning a meeting mid meeting for slipping .

10 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Coast circuit one of highlights for me , if I cannot make it over its always a mysky for later after work. My favorite is Omoto but all those courses bloody good fun days racing . Be very sad to think this could be last year for most of them.Omoto was underwater a few years back and raced a few days later , must be something right about that track and I cannot recall them canning a meeting mid meeting for slipping .

Agree coast racing is the best, you are certainly close to the action and has a great atmosphere, be a tragedy to lose any of these iconic meetings, but the reality is many tracks within a small area, think I can recall one grey meeting canned a long time ago, but wouldn't  have been many over the years, I always thought the old kumara track was the safest, no matter what the weather rain or fine, was always like a big sponge, can never remember any abandoned meetings, but since they the fiddled with it, have run in to many abandoned meetings, who knows what the future holds for the coast, can't say it looks too positive.