RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Hound Fan

Mad harry

What the hells going on ....mad harry scratched with no vet check...just a conversation between vet and stipe because the dog pooped in his kennel....then after they scratched it they decided to take its temperature.....surly before a dog is scratched it is intitled to a vet check.....poor decision mike austin....poor guy travelled 6 hours for this for you to tell him you know more about grehounds than him....man no one could look at a bed and say the dogs scratched......no wonder there is no respect for the riu  ...

11 hours ago, modest mouse said:

tell me that's not true. How ridiculous,  There's so many dogs that poop in their kennels, before the races. We would not have any dog left. 

Its true and then to beat it all i got sean to get them to take the dogs tempreture before he left the track and it was normal.....sean would have had no problem with it if they had had the dog vet checked and found him dehydrated then scratched.....but to do it with no vet check is disgusting.....and still other than the temp.the dog still hasnt been vet checked..

Is it about time that the Racing Integrity Unit is Restructed?  The Industry  Does need such a unit, but in the present format  that was  founded with the likes of Cameron George, Ross Neal etc that set an example of disgrace  right from the commencement   maybe it's  time to revisit and set things straight. For most within the industry it is shamefull..Is it time for these bludgers of retired Jockeys, ex cops that could not cut the mustard in the real world  and hangers on to go Fishing..?  On a brighter note  Rick Quirk of late,  has appeared to  step up to the mark and is delivering results that are worthy and fair ..  

Sounds like a sensible decision. Dog had signs of diarrhea and the dogs temperature was high at the time.

Maybe the stipes could have rechecked the temperature before the race but what's was done was done.

In Australia, you would get scratched right away as well.

6 hours ago, Rules For Some said:

Sounds like a sensible decision. Dog had signs of diarrhea and the dogs temperature was high at the time.

Maybe the stipes could have rechecked the temperature before the race but what's was done was done.

In Australia, you would get scratched right away as well.

The dog had not had his tempreture taken when he was scratched....it was taken after mike austin scratched the dog....as i said sean would have had no problem if he had had a vet check on the dog ...which hes intitled to..

On 12/3/2018 at 7:30 AM, Hound Fan said:

The dog had not had his tempreture taken when he was scratched....it was taken after mike austin scratched the dog....as i said sean would have had no problem if he had had a vet check on the dog ...which hes intitled to..

Well Mike Austin has misinformed us all on the stipes report than if that is the case.

I'm not having a good at a go at anyone, but this is what he wrote:

MAD HARRY race 4 # 2 ( S Codlin ) was a late scratching at pre race presentation on vets recommendation at approx 5. 30pm due to the dog having had symptoms of diarrhoea in the race kennel the dogs temperature was taken soon after and was found to be elevated Trainer S Codlin re presented the dog to the vet soon after 9pm for a further check where the dogs temperature had returned to normal. 

4 minutes ago, Rules For Some said:

Well Mike Austin has misinformed us all on the stipes report than if that is the case.

I'm not having a good at a go at anyone, but this is what he wrote:

MAD HARRY race 4 # 2 ( S Codlin ) was a late scratching at pre race presentation on vets recommendation at approx 5. 30pm due to the dog having had symptoms of diarrhoea in the race kennel the dogs temperature was taken soon after and was found to be elevated Trainer S Codlin re presented the dog to the vet soon after 9pm for a further check where the dogs temperature had returned to 

He has admitted the dogs temo was taken after the dog was scratched...my whole point is he scratched the dog without a vet check...the dog had not been looked at at all...

6 hours ago, Hound Fan said:

He has admitted the dogs temo was taken after the dog was scratched...my whole point is he scratched the dog without a vet check...the dog had not been looked at at all...

Dogs crap in the kennel block on a weekly basis without being scratched. If the dog was considered to be suffering from diarrhea it should have been vetted immediately in consultation with the trainer or person in charge. That is why a vet is there. If protocol was not followed that would be of concern. If the dog's temp was then taken later and returned a normal reading then the cause of the elevated temperature would have been due to kennel anxiety, a common cause of kennel crap. To my knowledge, a dog cannot be scratched on medical grounds without first being examined by a qualified vet.