RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
dbtab

WHISKEY NEAT

I watched the Whiskey Neat race and even allowing for all that La Zip has explained, I thought on face value, it was one of the softest wins I've seen in many years. I take your point about Denmans La Zip; you certainly have more knowledge than me there. But if that horse is not something VERY special I'm Napolean Bonaparte.

23 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Anyone watch Probabeel yesterday ?

Never travelled, off the bridle and looked in a bit of bother at the 600, then extended late and buried them.

I quite like that sort of horse, not saying this one is good, bad, or otherwise, and I don’t know what the sectionals were like, but it looked like a pretty nice win to me.

Those sort of horses are usually better over a bit longer trip in my experience.

Have to agree P4P. I, too like to see horses running on like this. The Whiskey Neat discussion is a 'glass half full, glass half empty'  scenario depending how you see it. Won easily with a leg in the air apparently but nobody actually knows what he had left in the tank. Not a quick time though overall. Could he, for example, run 3 seconds faster? That's a bloody long way at 6o kms/hr. The same may be asked of Te Akau Shark. No doubting his brilliance and someone mentioned he ran a furlong in a bit over 10 seconds but in a 1:36.4 mile. He had previously run 4th in a 1:34.8 mile.Every race is something new and you ride it like you find it.For me , jury's out on WN and TAS will really prove himself when he's put on the rack against the Aussies because of late the Te Akau horses haven't fared well there. Just sayin'.

34 minutes ago, Blue said:

Have to agree P4P. I, too like to see horses running on like this. The Whiskey Neat discussion is a 'glass half full, glass half empty'  scenario depending how you see it. Won easily with a leg in the air apparently but nobody actually knows what he had left in the tank. Not a quick time though overall. Could he, for example, run 3 seconds faster? That's a bloody long way at 6o kms/hr. The same may be asked of Te Akau Shark. No doubting his brilliance and someone mentioned he ran a furlong in a bit over 10 seconds but in a 1:36.4 mile. He had previously run 4th in a 1:34.8 mile.Every race is something new and you ride it like you find it.For me , jury's out on WN and TAS will really prove himself when he's put on the rack against the Aussies because of late the Te Akau horses haven't fared well there. Just sayin'.

Amazing what Te Akau Shark is doing now Blue given he is bred for distance...with Galileo and Sadlers Wells bloodlines.

Wait until he gets over a trip.....:rcfe-like:

20 hours ago, rdytdy said:

There was a class act unveiled at Moonee Valley in R2 yesterday. Brooklyn Hustle a 2yo having her first start.

Last away and last at the 400m she blew them away over the 1000m winning by two lengths. 

Whiskey Neat hasn't trained on by looks of it , battled round under 8st 12 C3 Dirt Sha Tin last night . Been going round slowly at big odds after 4 runs in HK .Probably looking for 7st, Moreira in top form, Class 5 , good draw , good ride, good run in transit  on a going day to snag a win up there . 

Good racing at Flemington Saturday. Some interesting runners

Chequer Board going 2000m first time....$9 at the moment

Waller has Skyman  ($14) in at 1400m fresh up in Biometrics race.

Prezado $4.80 and Milwaukee $23 in a good sprint race

Re Edit over 2000m ( by Camelot ) looks value at $6.50

Mystery Shot, Ruban Bleu and I’m Tellin Ya ( $23 with Oliver on ) in the last

31 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Good racing at Flemington Saturday. Some interesting runners

Chequer Board going 2000m first time....$9 at the moment

Waller has Skyman  ($14) in at 1400m fresh up in Biometrics race.

Prezado $4.80 and Milwaukee $23 in a good sprint race

Re Edit over 2000m ( by Camelot ) looks value at $6.50

Mystery Shot, Ruban Bleu and I’m Tellin Ya ( $23 with Oliver on ) in the last

6s and 2.10 the place Biometric good enough for me this weekend on his last run , D Oliver up , just couldn't get a gap last up and untested to line .

On 1/14/2021 at 6:17 AM, Red Rum said:

Whiskey Neat still trying to get one in HK, Moreira couldn't get him home last night but he's getting close , three seconds out last four runs , needs about 5 more ratings points off and he will get one . He's close .

Beaten again last night in HK, looks like he was well sold!

On 12/2/2018 at 3:10 PM, Berri said:

Jeez you're tough Scooby. Don'e think I've had a post removed before...ever!! I was called a common man....now I've got tears welling up. Zip it up is Australian. Surely I can play my Community Card?

She disappeared off the face of the earth. Going must have got a bit tough 

32 minutes ago, MrBigStuff said:

Beaten again last night in HK, looks like he was well sold!

Had a few bucks ew last night , went out at 7s and 2s and thought he was a show  . He's been very close last three , he will win one I am sure but class 5 I reckon now , keeps coping points for the seconds that's the problem for him .

I am waiting for Mega Heart ( Oh Romeo NZ ) on the dirt again , slipping down the ratings to his winning marks  and loves the dirt over 1200 . 

26 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Had a few bucks ew last night , went out at 7s and 2s and thought he was a show  . He's been very close last three , he will win one I am sure but class 5 I reckon now , keeps coping points for the seconds that's the problem for him .

I am waiting for Mega Heart ( Oh Romeo NZ ) on the dirt again , slipping down the ratings to his winning marks  and loves the dirt over 1200 . 

Hope you got on Old mate Suburbia the other day RR...finally bloody won one....🙄

Conqueror went much better second up at 60’s...will win one shortly.

9 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Hope you got on Old mate Suburbia the other day RR...finally bloody won one....🙄

Conqueror went much better second up at 60’s...will win one shortly.

Blimey , I check the noms a bit for him and Main Stage but missed him,  bugger  . Right lumping on Main Stage next time .

Mega Heart on reserve bench at Sha Tin Sunday , however it's 1600 on turf if he gets in . Never gone further than 1200 here or HK . On 79 now and won off 78 last season so he's getting close to the mark . Paid decent divi on one win last year .

11 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Blimey , I check the noms a bit for him and Main Stage but missed him,  bugger  . Right lumping on Main Stage next time .

Mega Heart on reserve bench at Sha Tin Sunday , however it's 1600 on turf if he gets in . Never gone further than 1200 here or HK . On 79 now and won off 78 last season so he's getting close to the mark . Paid decent divi on one win last year .

You sorted out your message problem...should be an easy fix ?
Aesops Fable sold for A$35,000 so a good result for the boys.

3 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

You sorted out your message problem...should be an easy fix ?
Aesops Fable sold for A$35,000 so a good result for the boys.

No still won't pop up like it used to, but that is like many things as I get older. 

Decent run with that horse , money in bank and if Chicken Dance gets his shit together in HK any male siblings might make some decent coin .

2 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

No still won't pop up like it used to, but that is like many things as I get older. 

Decent run with that horse , money in bank and if Chicken Dance gets his shit together in HK any male siblings might make some decent coin .

No message indicator at top of the page ?  Something not right there if that’s the case.

Whiskey Neat second again within a length of winner last night , four times I think this season he has come up short by less than length . 21 and 0 in HK a win must come soon  but these seconds bump him up for next few runs , he drops then goes up then drops and on it goes .

Tangmere ex Karaka Sale topper got another win , got to the 60 mark that he wins off a bit .

No HV winners for Per Incanto last night , maybe none of his went round , he gets so many winners around the Valley .

Old Whiskey Neat keeps hitting the post , beaten a neck last night at Sha Tin  . 13 starts this season , 6 seconds , 5 times within a length of winner . Seems to be in a battle with handicapper , keeps getting almost low enough to get a win then hits post and goes up again and so on .