RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
dbtab

WHISKEY NEAT

OK let’s put this win into perspective.  First up, it was a crap time...compared to,the R72 and the open sprint which went 1.09+....so this horse goes 59.07 (wouldn’t win at Wytchyproof.... but then times don’t mean anything in NZ I’ve been told) ...the second horse misses the start, crucial over a 1000m, then gets caught 3wide but still runs on..who knows with a fair start?  Mind you they were a poorly,educated bunch that raced today. The usual story race runs 5 minutes late, wouldn’t go to the barrier, wouldn’t load...yada yada yada. $5k in the NSW TAB win pool. 

Oh but wait, the winner is owned in HKG (he may keep him here for a little while longer..oh goody) so he goes to Karaka millions.  More money leaving the country and no GST payable.  

41 minutes ago, La Zip said:

But what if third is all he's got?......the time was terrible.

You could wonder that about any first starter....Flyers like Diamond Like and Our Maizcay used to run .55 times...

He ran .59 winning by over 10 lengths and Leith never moved.

I'd be very surprised if he didn't have a fair bit up his sleeve wouldn't you...? I know Pikey rates him very highly.

On 11/30/2018 at 10:06 AM, La Zip said:

OK let’s put this win into perspective.  First up, it was a crap time...compared to,the R72 and the open sprint which went 1.09+....so this horse goes 59.07 (wouldn’t win at Wytchyproof.... but then times don’t mean anything in NZ I’ve been told) ...the second horse misses the start, crucial over a 1000m, then gets caught 3wide but still runs on..who knows with a fair start?  Mind you they were a poorly,educated bunch that raced today. The usual story race runs 5 minutes late, wouldn’t go to the barrier, wouldn’t load...yada yada yada. $5k in the NSW TAB win pool. 

Oh but wait, the winner is owned in HKG (he may keep him here for a little while longer..oh goody) so he goes to Karaka millions.  More money leaving the country and no GST payable.  

You're a very poor reader of form . The horse won by 10 without a muscle being moved. There was another 3 lengths in that performance at a minimum with throws a 58 and a bit for 1000m. That's 11.6 per 200m or 1.09.60 for 1200m. Zip the negativity. This colt is probably top class

It certainly was a stylish win.

It will be interesting to see how he races right handed. He was awful right handed at the Te Aroha trials however it was his first trial. He was much better left handed at Cambridge a week later.  

6 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

You could wonder that about any first starter....Flyers like Diamond Like and Our Maizcay used to run .55 times...

He ran .59 winning by over 10 lengths and Leith never moved.

I'd be very surprised if he didn't have a fair bit up his sleeve wouldn't you...? I know Pikey rates him very highly.

Scotty, that was Trentham ? And our maizcay was a freak,Diamond lover???  In saying that I recall a few sub 1.21 1400s at otaki . La Zip 1 Ohoka 0

2 hours ago, Berri said:

You're a very poor reader of form and your negativity likens you to a nun standing in the front door of a whore house. The horse won by 10 without a muscle being moved. There was another 3 lengths in that performance at a minimum with throws a 58 and a bit for 1000m. That's 11.6 per 200m or 1.09.60 for 1200m. Zip the negativity. This colt is probably top class

Sometimes the move creates issues Berri, don’t get me wrong Blind Freddy could see something and the 1.30 was no accident but let’s see some pressure

9 hours ago, Gruff said:

Scotty, that was Trentham ? And our maizcay was a freak,Diamond lover???  In saying that I recall a few sub 1.21 1400s at otaki . La Zip 1 Ohoka 0

The best 10 times over 1000 metres since 1994 are as follows :

1 Ticklish 0:54.20 Riccarton 2006

2 Ticklish 0:54.65 Riccarton 2005

3 Darcybee 0:54.82 Riccarton 2005

4 Million Stars 0:55.08 Riccarton 2002

5 Diamond Like 0:55.21 Trentham 2003

6 Fritz 0:55.24 Riccarton 1998

7 Please Ya Self 0:55.33 Riccarton 2008

8 Our Maizcay 0:55.43 Riccarton 1994

9 Star Of Gold 0:55.43 Trentham 1999

10 Flying Babe 0:55.44 Riccarton 2000

3 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Not sure what more the horse could’ve done, he’s crossed them on the bridle, walked them across the top and sprinted home without being extended.

I know we’re a nation of knockers but anyone putting the slipper into that performance is just green eyed and bitter.

Being a despised Aussie, I'd know a little bit more re Denmans' than you P4P........not many train on, and many fold under the slightest pressure. Usually Woodlands (now Darley) get it right, they were fabulous before a certain Pom turned up and stuck his oar in......but my point is, look at the horses behind WN, look at the 2nd horse, if all goes right it finishes much closer and the margin not so flattering, the wash up though is the time, my 2yo's can run that any TUE morning for Gods sake, and as you've ridden you'd know, sometimes when you release the brakes there is not a lot more there, in fact their cruising speed is their optimum.  Of course it's my opine, and I've tried to substantiate it, thats what good forums do, allow discourse and debate, without foul comments, let's hope we can continue like that......if only.

59 minutes ago, La Zip said:

Being a despised Aussie, I'd know a little bit more re Denmans' than you P4P........not many train on, and many fold under the slightest pressure. Usually Woodlands (now Darley) get it right, they were fabulous before a certain Pom turned up and stuck his oar in......but my point is, look at the horses behind WN, look at the 2nd horse, if all goes right it finishes much closer and the margin not so flattering, the wash up though is the time, my 2yo's can run that any TUE morning for Gods sake, and as you've ridden you'd know, sometimes when you release the brakes there is not a lot more there, in fact their cruising speed is their optimum.  Of course it's my opine, and I've tried to substantiate it, thats what good forums do, allow discourse and debate, without foul comments, let's hope we can continue like that......if only.

Guess we'll have to wait until his next start to see won't we....?;)

13 hours ago, Gruff said:

The sectional breakdown would certainly assist but this is NZ :rcfe-laughing:

Levin 200m sectionals

Whiskey Neat 1000m 59.07 ( Checked correct)

First 200m 13.31

800m to 600m 11.30

600m to 400m 12.11

400m to 200m 10.73

Last 200m 11.62

Last 600m 34.46, last 800m 45.76

Gift Of Power 1200m 1.09.59

First 400m 23.19

800m to 600m 11.14

600m to 400m 11.87

400m to 200m 11.11

Last 200m 12.28

Last 600m 35.26,  last 800m 46.40

Blondlign 1200m Race time 1.10.31

First 400m 24.21

800m to 600m 11.31

600m to 400m 11.73

400m to 200m 10.85

Last 200m 12.21

Last 600m 34.79,  last 800m 46.10

4 hours ago, Berri said:

That could only mean that you do. Time for a check up and while you're at it, you could google for  a well credentialed couch

As I said, a very common man, I feel for Mrs Berri, somehow I feel she left some time back.

9 hours ago, La Zip said:

Have to say enjoy pretty much all of your posts full of insight and information. Long may you stay a contributor.