RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

Interdoms 2018

On 11/28/2018 at 2:13 PM, Fartoomuch said:

Draws and fields out for first night this Saturday. Not much hype or noise about them thusfar

Very average fields. No superstars as of previous IDs. They are injured or retired. Can see Tornado Vally in the trot and Cruz Bromac if he draws the front winning both.

Hey hey Harewood mate, I'm lookin for Spankem to spank that Tiger, and me mighty Spur to speed right past em all :rcfe-happy-2: hearts with all the Kiwis over there though......GO KIWI GO KIWI GOOOOOO KIWI!!! love the Inters just summit about em, and it's so good to see em back to tradition Trotters runnin next to Pacers Inters yey!!!! hey you gunna be there front an centre?

Cheers Iraklis

Woohoo! me mighty Spur rocks!!! :rcfe-like: Wilmas mate had good run for 4th in 1st heat, so did Monty, guys the Kiwi trotters are in this....in the pacers, holy shit Spankem and Pats Delight 1 & 2 now thats what I'm talkin about, cmon Cruz mate your turn next :rcfe-happy-2:

Cheers Iraklis

1 minute ago, Iraklis said:

Woohoo! me mighty Spur rocks!!! :rcfe-like: Wilmas mate had good run for 4th in 1st heat, so did Monty, guys the Kiwi trotters are in this....in the pacers, holy shit Spankem and Pats Delight 1 & 2 now thats what I'm talkin about, cmon Cruz mate your turn next :rcfe-happy-2:

Cheers Iraklis

Yep Kiwis going great guns. Monty ran out of his skin sitting parked as well and Spankem, well another great drive by Nat. Judged the pace to perfection to make her move at the right time and then power away and Pats Delight must have 5 legs the way he sprinted twice in the race.  Certainly has set the IDs up for great viewing. And carnt forget Your Spurs cruising win. Will be great battle with The Valley  Im here front and centre with bourbon  in hand in the lounge back in sunny Chch 

Harewood mate, yeh boy go you!!! :rcfe-like: am glued to screen meself had to have a couple or three coldies to calm the nerves, did yuh see The Spur I'm lovin it, and Spankem and Pat well in control, just gotta get Cruz home in front now......

Cheers Iraklis

On 12/2/2018 at 10:00 AM, Fartoomuch said:

They went awful

Both T Butts horses withdrawn from round 2 as a result of treatments within 24 hour withholding period

Hopeless is too nicer way to describe this,he pleads guilty and cops a 1K fine. The owners are out of pocket and out of the finals for all intents and purposes.

This from HRV

Inter Dominion - Let It Ride NZ & Italian Delight NZ Withdrawn

03 December 2018
Logo

The Harness Racing Victoria (HRV) Stewards advise that Let It Ride NZ and Italian Delight NZ have been scratched from their engagements in the Pacers Inter Dominion tomorrow night at Ballarat  under the provisions of Australian Harness Racing Rule (AHRR) 196B(3).

The scratchings relate to Mr Butt disclosing that an injection had been administered to Let It Ride NZ and Italian Delight NZ today, within one clear day of the race, for the purposes of extracting blood for analysis.

AHRR 196B states:

196B.  (1)  A person shall not without the permission of the Stewards within one (1) clear day of the commencement of a race administer, attempt to administer or cause to be administered an injection to a horse nominated for that race.

(2)  For the purposes of this Rule - 

(a)  One clear day means the twenty four (24) hour period from 12.01 a.m. to 12 midnight; 

(b)  Administering an injection to a horse means the use of a hypodermic needle or other instrument to introduce or extract any substance from the horse;

(c)  It is not necessary to establish whether any substance was injected or the nature of the substance injected

(3) The Stewards shall order the withdrawal or disqualification of a horse that has been either administered or attempted to have been administered an injection in breach of sub-rule (1).

(4)  A person who fails to comply with sub-rule (1) is guilty of an offence.

Given the mandatory nature of AHRR 196B(3) Stewards ordered that Let It Ride NZ and Italian Delight NZ be withdrawn from their engagements at Ballarat on 4 December 2018.

Mr Butt subsequently pleaded guilty to a charge under AHRR 196B(1) in that on 3 December 2018 he administered an injection to Let It Ride NZ and Italian Delight NZ, within one clear day of their engagement at Ballarat on 4 December 2018, without the permission of the Stewards.

In assessing penalty Stewards took into account the following factors:

• Mr Butt’s guilty plea and clear record;

• Mr Butt’s forthright evidence and admissions;

• Deterrence factors;

• The breach of the rule led to the scratching of the two runners;

• The injection was for the purposes of blood being extracted for analysis, as opposed to the introduction of a substance.

Stewards accordingly imposed a fine of $1,000.

57 minutes ago, Newmarket RC said:

Both T Butts horses withdrawn from round 2 as a result of treatments within 24 hour withholding period

Hopeless is too nicer way to describe this,he pleads guilty and cops a 1K fine. The owners are out of pocket and out of the finals for all intents and purposes.

This from HRV

Inter Dominion - Let It Ride NZ & Italian Delight NZ Withdrawn

03 December 2018
Logo

The Harness Racing Victoria (HRV) Stewards advise that Let It Ride NZ and Italian Delight NZ have been scratched from their engagements in the Pacers Inter Dominion tomorrow night at Ballarat  under the provisions of Australian Harness Racing Rule (AHRR) 196B(3).

The scratchings relate to Mr Butt disclosing that an injection had been administered to Let It Ride NZ and Italian Delight NZ today, within one clear day of the race, for the purposes of extracting blood for analysis.

AHRR 196B states:

196B.  (1)  A person shall not without the permission of the Stewards within one (1) clear day of the commencement of a race administer, attempt to administer or cause to be administered an injection to a horse nominated for that race.

(a)  One clear day means the twenty four (24) hour period from 12.01 a.m. to 12 midnight; 

(b)  Administering an injection to a horse means the use of a hypodermic needle or other instrument to introduce or extract any substance from the horse;

(c)  It is not necessary to establish whether any substance was injected or the nature of the substance injected

(3) The Stewards shall order the withdrawal or disqualification of a horse that has been either administered or attempted to have been administered an injection in breach of sub-rule (1).

(4)  A person who fails to comply with sub-rule (1) is guilty of an offence.

Given the mandatory nature of AHRR 196B(3) Stewards ordered that Let It Ride NZ and Italian Delight NZ be withdrawn from their engagements at Ballarat on 4 December 2018.

Mr Butt subsequently pleaded guilty to a charge under AHRR 196B(1) in that on 3 December 2018 he administered an injection to Let It Ride NZ and Italian Delight NZ, within one clear day of their engagement at Ballarat on 4 December 2018, without the permission of the Stewards.

In assessing penalty Stewards took into account the following factors:

• Mr Butt’s guilty plea and clear record;

• Mr Butt’s forthright evidence and admissions;

• Deterrence factors;

• The breach of the rule led to the scratching of the two runners;

• The injection was for the purposes of blood being extracted for analysis, as opposed to the introduction of a substance.

Stewards accordingly imposed a fine of $1,000.

Seems strange something doesn't add up here? I'm surprised by the first factor: Mr Butt's .... clear record??? WTF?

Here's story from HRNZ site and hence possibly why he only copped $1000 fine......tiz a fine line I spose, between bein a totally focussed and busy trainer, to act of silliness as he was mindful of the Rule, I feel for the owners.....

Butt runners scratched from Inter Doms

By Michael Guerin

An oversight from top trainer Tim Butt has ended his Inter Dominion pacing assault.

And cost him A$1000 in the process.

Butt had his two pacers Let It Ride and Italian Delight withdrawn from their heats at Ballarat on Tuesday and therefore the remainder of the series after he took blood off them today for a routine blood test.

Harness Racing Victoria rules forbid horses having any form of injection used on them for a clear 24 hours before raceday so stewards had little option but to scratch the pair.

The irony is Butt, who until last year trained with great success in Canterbury, actually told the stewards he had broken the rule.

“They rang me to ask how the horses were and I told them I had just taken a blood to have it tested to make sure they were fine,” said Butt.

“Then the told me I can’t do that and it dawned on me, no injections the day before the races even if it is extracting rather than putting anything into the horses.

“It is totally my mistake. I guess in the back of my mind I knew the rule but I honestly didn’t think about it.

“So I will have to cop that and apologise to the owners.” Stewards accepted their was nothing sinister in Butt’s actions and fined him A$1000.

The pair join local star Shadow Sax in being withdrawn from the series yesterday and leave the Kiwi pacing trio of Cruz Bromac, Spankem and I’m Pats Delight as three of maybe only six serious winning chances left for the A$500,000 final on Saturday week.

Cheers Iraklis

We all understand you can’t give a horse anything before a race but I’m not sure of the logic behind not being able to take blood from a horse to access it’s health.  If anything, this would seem to be counter productive to assuring horses turn up in a fit state. 

Yeh Lamour, my thoughts were along those lines too, I thought it was standard for if a horse don't run to good, when it was expected otherwise; that the vets are called in to take blood etc to check on stuff....

Cheers Iraklis

1 hour ago, lamour said:

We all understand you can’t give a horse anything before a race but I’m not sure of the logic behind not being able to take blood from a horse to access it’s health.  If anything, this would seem to be counter productive to assuring horses turn up in a fit state. 

96B.  (1)  A person shall not without the permission of the Stewards within one (1) clear day of the commencement of a race administer, attempt to administer or cause to be administered an injection to a horse nominated for that race.

T Butt did not follow the rules as stated above and thus the Stewards had no option but to scratch injected runners.

The scenario im thinking is that " if a trainer was seen with a needle in his horse by anyone it would be of immediate concern and notifiable. For all you know they could have injected another substance. prior to being observed"

The only issue i have with all of this is whether the bloods were drawn by a Vet or the trainer. If it was a Vet what were they thinking

Oiy oop guys, just finished watchin last nights heats (friggin missed it live booooo! bloody Xmas do, yup itz dirty job....) our reps went well banked good points, Spankem, Inters winner written all over him? what a run for a 'fat little bugga' Nats words and he's only gunna get better :rcfe-happy-2: and Pats D, holy shit he's truckin! Cruz, well whatahyasay cruzed.....buuuut, not likin that Tornado beatin up on me Spur grrrrrr, hey Montes still in it, and, oh cmon Wilma for chrissakes, you an Aldy lettin the team down, now pull youselves together and lets be havin yuh front and centre.....

Cheers Iraklis