RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Nelli

Race 6 - fine for not getting 4th

Noted that D Butt got fined for not driving horse out. We rewatched the  race and then the home straight action 4 times and felt both horse and driver did their best. Was he meant to thrash a beaten horse? Would be interested in others views.

He didn't have to "thrash" a beaten horse to keep urging it to the finish line.

The bottom line is that you can't tuck the whip under your arm and relax 20 or 30 metres from the line when you're engaged in a close battle for a dividend bearing placing.

He's probably lucky to get off with a fine, and only $300 at that!

You don't have to hit a horse with the whip to continue urging it.

D Butt hung himself out to dry when he glanced around at the opposition and then tucked the whip under his arm 20-30 metres from home.

He was lucky to get off with a $300 fine. A junior driver making the same "entry level mistake" would have gone for 3 months!

10 hours ago, JackSprat said:

You don't have to hit a horse with the whip to continue urging it.

D Butt hung himself out to dry when he glanced around at the opposition and then tucked the whip under his arm 20-30 metres from home.

He was lucky to get off with a $300 fine. A junior driver making the same "entry level mistake" would have gone for 3 months!

And an amateur 12 months

Have watched the replay several times and no way was Astound going to finnish in the first three he however should have finnished 4th which would have peeved off first 4 bettors. I think Butt may have thought he would finnish fourth as he was looking to his left covering the inside horse and got nailed right on the line by Bright Glow on his outside. Correct he didnt urge it over the last 30 or so meters so may have been an error 

4 hours ago, harewood said:

Have watched the replay several times and no way was Astound going to finnish in the first three he however should have finnished 4th which would have peeved off first 4 bettors. I think Butt may have thought he would finnish fourth as he was looking to his left covering the inside horse and got nailed right on the line by Bright Glow on his outside. Correct he didnt urge it over the last 30 or so meters so may have been an error 

i think thats the way the RIU and JCA saw it was well. Loose change to D Butt so i cant see him beng too worried about i the fine

3 minutes ago, JackSprat said:

It's time the guy gave the driving away and chewed his gum in the stands. He's not as sharp as he was, in or out of the sulky.

I stand to be corrected but he was reported to have injured his back/neck some time ago and driving few if any horses as a result.

Raceday driving has become more a younger persons eg, Dunns, Oranges, Williams, Williamsons etc, domain these days - sharper of mind and body. And yes, Catherine Butt has long been the "secret sauce" that propelled the Butt stable.