RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Scotchmist

Iffraaj.......

I was just browsing thru the online catalogues. Have alook at the photo of lot 38 in the premier sale.

If ever there was a dead ringer for his old man, this colt is it.

Im picking Iffraaj's service fee to at the very least double after these sales.

Good luck to those of you that have one.

I was just browsing thru the online catalogues. Have alook at the photo of lot 38 in the premier sale.

If ever there was a dead ringer for his old man, this colt is it.

Im picking Iffraaj's service fee to at the very least double after these sales.

Good luck to those of you that have one.

Double fee...you've got to be joking. I'm not intending to pick on Iffraaj... When a horse races here...if say you run 4th you get $250.

It's early days yet as far as the Karaka Sales Series go, but from what I have seen so far, there will have to be a major correction of service fees downwards - otherwise paying customers will be few and far between.

Having said that all other industries are in the same boat and are having to cut their cloth to meet the market too.

What do others think?

It's early days yet as far as the Karaka Sales Series go, but from what I have seen so far, there will have to be a major correction of service fees downwards - otherwise paying customers will be few and far between.

Having said that all other industries are in the same boat and are having to cut their cloth to meet the market too.

What do others think?

They'll be pulled back whether the sales are successful are not.

There is always the first season hype on new sires - Carnegie, One Cool Cat, and now Iffraaj. Great sire to have but I think in the next couple of years the tried and true will be the way to go - Don Eduardo's, Keepers, etc. Hopefully they will keep Falkirks fee where it is and diffenately drop Savabeel.

They'll be pulled back whether the sales are successful are not.

There is always the first season hype on new sires - Carnegie, One Cool Cat, and now Iffraaj. Great sire to have but I think in the next couple of years the tried and true will be the way to go - Don Eduardo's, Keepers, etc. Hopefully they will keep Falkirks fee where it is and diffenately drop Savabeel.

- stud masters are EXPERTS at hype! But not sure your comparisons are altogether fair - sure, Iffraaj has yet to prove himself as a sire of southern hemisphere-bred stock - but at least he's got off to a flyer in Europe - so maybe a little justification for some "hype" - the likes of OCC - I'm not so sure what any "hype" is based on??

Remember that great sire College Chapel he was leading 2yo sire up there. Actually come to think of it Montjeu and Woodborough were up there on the 2yo list too.

There is always hype with a first season sire and as someone earlier quoted studmasters would hype their grandmother up as still looking like a 20 year old if it means selling their stock for more.

In all fairness his stock sound like they are impressive looking individuals that have a touch of class to them. I would like to see him do well with the bloodlines he carries and would be good to see a different line of blood do well here. Impressive individuals will always sell well at auction especially being by a 1st season sire that has had success.

I heard they were a little rattle-headed or should I say 'nervy'. Comment from someone who was part of a team who took more than a dozen to the sales though thought the bloodline of the mares just might not click.

Double fee...you've got to be joking. I'm not intending to pick on Iffraaj... When a horse races here...if say you run 4th you get $250.

I dreamt last night his fee is going to be 17,500 + GST for 2011