RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

Yeah,Nah Ricky

18 minutes ago, Overcheck said:

Or perhaps he has horses today that he can drive that way. 

He had  a few over cup week that could have gone forward but were not driven that way. He is what he is Overcheck, driven lots of winners but with today's racing patterns driving them beyond midfield wont win you many races and thats the way he drives many of them.

2 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

He had  a few over cup week that could have gone forward but were not driven that way. He is what he is Overcheck, driven lots of winners but with today's racing patterns driving them beyond midfield wont win you many races and thats the way he drives many of them.

Certainly dropping from a nice sit behind Speeding Spur when the field settled in the Dominion to 5 deep on the fence had Everbody Knows owners spitting tacks! Horse was in tip top condition (last 400 in 27 sec on Cup Day), 1st good draw for over a year, then never got a run - ears not even pulled!  While could forgive Ricky on Cup Day (not popping out to make a run in the FFA was  50:50 call),  the drive in the Dominion was bewildering. Not as if the wee horse lacks for stamina.

3 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

I here what you are saying Fartoomuch but over the last few years he has been in the top 7 in the drivers premiership and 3rd on two occasions, so he can't be doing too much wrong I would think. Admittedly Dexter put his horses near the front with great results but quite often had better horses to drive.  My liking of Ricky May's driving is however only my opinion.

1 hour ago, Nelli said:

Certainly dropping from a nice sit behind Speeding Spur when the field settled in the Dominion to 5 deep on the fence had Everbody Knows owners spitting tacks! Horse was in tip top condition (last 400 in 27 sec on Cup Day), 1st good draw for over a year, then never got a run - ears not even pulled!  While could forgive Ricky on Cup Day (not popping out to make a run in the FFA was  50:50 call),  the drive in the Dominion was bewildering. Not as if the wee horse lacks for stamina.

My thoughts  exactly. I backed it both days and after cup day thought the 3200 would suit it right down to the wire however R May had a different idea and never gave it any oportunity to get into the race. Was looking for room all the way from the 600 trying to do a No Response when a more agressive approach would have had it out at the 1000 and tracking up 3 wide but no a typical R May drive sit and wait. The dominion is but once a year and I agree the owners would have been spitting tacks at his lack of agression. Its better to die wondering than to say IF ONLY after the race.

I like Ricky May, good driver, but I guess like most people within any profession they can sometimes have off days or make split second decisions that upon reflection, they would have done differently in hindsight. 

Talking of drivers putting their charge into a race; where is Neil Brady these days? 

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

I like Ricky May, good driver, but I guess like most people within any profession they can sometimes have off days or make split second decisions that upon reflection, they would have done differently in hindsight. 

Talking of drivers putting their charge into a race; where is Neil Brady these days? 

True- most of the time Ricky is a great driver and his record speaks for itself.  It is very easy to criticize from the grandstand when you can see the whole field, and after the race. Not my intention to badmouth Ricky.

12 hours ago, Overcheck said:

I here what you are saying Fartoomuch but over the last few years he has been in the top 7 in the drivers premiership and 3rd on two occasions, so he can't be doing too much wrong I would think. Admittedly Dexter put his horses near the front with great results but quite often had better horses to drive.  My liking of Ricky May's driving is however only my opinion.

With the Hopes having a good trot and the support he has earned through previous deeds RTM  gets plenty of opportunities.He is kind to his drives but like the old school types seems to think giving them soft runs and running on late  is good for all.

12 hours ago, Nelli said:

Im hearing you Nelli,connections of 2 other very well supported runners at Cup week  are in no hurry to engage him again either from what parties close to owners have told me. The thing is and why i raised this whole thread is that when he does decide to go forward he invariably ends up going well as he did yesterday at Geraldine

2 hours ago, ivanthegreat said:

You also still have a horse next week. Any clown can race around and hit the front or sit parked till the turn and then call for oxygen.

Yes you may have a horse next week but you may not have many punters left if everybody drove for luck all the time. There are also many clowns who drive back in the field always getting blocked and into traffic because they dont have the judgement, ability or trust themselves to have a go when they should. I would rather have a clown put a horse into the race and have ago than the clown who just sits and waits for the gap that usually doesnt appear.

:rcfe-like:

Just now, harewood said:

Yes you may have a horse next week but you may not have many punters left if everybody drove for luck all the time. There are also many clowns who drive back in the field always getting blocked and into traffic because they dont have the judgement, ability or trust themselves to have a go when they should. I would rather have a clown put a horse into the race and have ago than the clown who just sits and waits for the gap that usually doesnt appear.

There wont be many that disagree with the above, post of the month goes to Harewood:rcfe-like:

On 12/3/2018 at 9:13 AM, Newmarket RC said:

Gavin Lang driving Pats Delight instead of RTM at Interdoms. Drawn 2 for next race at Ballarat. Im picking he wont die wondering

He didn't , G Lang straight to the front with good gate speed, won untested. I'm with you RTM too negative these days

I thought all the Kiwi pacers went very well