Red Rum

Tab , Japan Cup form

18 posts in this topic

Strangely  nearly  every horse in Japan Cup  on Sunday according TAB form was 1 length behind winner last 6 runs . Even one that was 15th in last year's Arc , I thought Cracksman powered home the other week, seems I missed Capri a length behind . I think I will  use  the Racing Post  form guide .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Strangely  nearly  every horse in Japan Cup  on Sunday according TAB form was 1 length behind winner last 6 runs . Even one that was 15th in last year's Arc , I thought Cracksman powered home the other week, seems I missed Capri a length behind . I think I will  use  the Racing Post  form guide .

You are right with your last sentence. Often the TAB info on the races from Japan is total bollocks. A few weeks back they had betting on a Group 1 race (sorry cannot remember which one) where every horse in the field had the same number of starts/wins/prizemoney won You are far better off looking off shore for detailed info on the Japan Cup. Good luck with your punt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good form for Japan available from:

http://japanracing.jp/en/racing/result/

 

Worth 574 million Yen.That site gives odds too. Only one Deep Impact in the field of just 14 this year.

I Seem to remember Horlicks beat a field of 18.

The Japs are so very lucky we didn't take Soroc over for their Japan Cup.

The boat trip would have taken 5 weeks and we couldn't afford a Boeing 788 -777

Almond Eye is the Oaks winner who is favourite for the Japan Cup

http://www.jbis.jp/horse/0001203363/record/

Edited by Black Kirrama
oaks pedigree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2018 at 10:51 PM, Black Kirrama said:

Good form for Japan available from:

http://japanracing.jp/en/racing/result/

 

Worth 574 million Yen.That site gives odds too. Only one Deep Impact in the field of just 14 this year.

I Seem to remember Horlicks beat a field of 18.

The Japs are so very lucky we didn't take Soroc over for their Japan Cup.

The boat trip would have taken 5 weeks and we couldn't afford a Boeing 788 -777

Almond Eye is the Oaks winner who is favourite for the Japan Cup

http://www.jbis.jp/horse/0001203363/record/

Couple of Euros Horlicks beat in Japan Cup very high class, Carroll House , Ibn Bey and Assatis. Ibn Bey a true globetrotter for Paul Cole,  , USA,Italy, Germany ,Japan a hard as nails horse , without doubt the highlight for me with Ibn Bey  was  when I went to leafy Lingfield one hot  summers evening many years back and got him at decent odds as second favorite in 3 runner listed race, money for jam.

Assatis and Allez Milord who was second to Jupiter Island in Japan Cup were both trained at Pulborough by Guy Harwood, Thundering Blue trained in same stables who trainer now rents off Guy Harwood, he would have got some advice so he's my ew pick at decent odds , value outside favorite if she don't perform. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The filly Almond Eye looks very hard to beat at the weights RR...has run some exceptional times. Cheval Grand one for odds.

Aiden O'Brien has Capri in it with Ryan Moore riding but he would need to improve lengths based on performances so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

The filly Almond Eye looks very hard to beat at the weights RR...has run some exceptional times. Cheval Grand one for odds.

Aiden O'Brien has Capri in it with Ryan Moore riding but he would need to improve lengths based on performances so far.

13 years since Luca Cumani trained Alkaased to win and break Horlicks record, last foreign trained winner . Prior to that invaders won a lot.

Grand Cheval wins it costs Bowman a packet with his ban. OM. Not sure the Japanese older horses that great a moment, no Deep Impacts or Gentildonas there so going to have a roll dice Thundering Blue ew ,his owner gets into it, some video of  line of him when Thundering Blue won in Sweden , he loves it.

I see the RP have tipped out Buicks mount , say it good form but it's 40s mark , I wonder if it's a misprint and they meant the other Satono horse. Buick won the big one last week I  Japan with a cracker ride.

M25 motorway will have more give than that track tonight .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Wow....what a filly. Record time 2.20.6....:rcf-shocked-5:

Never in doubt at top straight, my pick just couldn't go with them at all and plugged on. 

Alkaased stood 13 years 2.22.1 so that's impressive , although not the fastest Japan Cup , not anywhere near . Falbrav 2.12 , crazy time . Oh that was at Nakayama over 2200 during a rebuild .

The Japanese covert the Arc above everything , Enable , Sea of Class and Almond Eye that would be something next October.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Wow....what a filly. Record time 2.20.6....:rcf-shocked-5:

Sire a top sprinter but had a flick through OM, the dams two year older full brother was unraced for Godolphin , flicked on and had a nondescript career in UK . However he started in NH  bumpers ,  was tried on flat,  over hurdles and plodded around in  one chase at Huntingdon over 4000 metres, raced over 4400 over hurdles. Earnt bugger all over the years but stayed all day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Wow....what a filly. Record time 2.20.6....:rcf-shocked-5:

Fabulous time...and it takes a top liner to run time in such a high class race...well, I would have thought so..

 But I guess I’ll be admonished by many because as I’ve been told on too many occasions, times don’t matter...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, La Zip said:

Fabulous time...and it takes a top liner to run time in such a high class race...well, I would have thought so..

 But I guess I’ll be admonished by many because as I’ve been told on too many occasions, times don’t matter...

Only 5th run so pretty impressive LZ , they talking Dubai Sheema Classic so might see her go international in April.They seem keen on ARC from reports , be very different October in Paris , soft going , slow early pace or stop start kind of race with ton of traffic . Although Japanese very very unlucky not to win an Arc yet , they know what they need. They seem to run them in one or two lead up races in France when they go. Will be another great year of international racing in 2019.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2018 at 8:03 PM, Ohokaman said:

Wow....what a filly. Record time 2.20.6....:rcf-shocked-5:

What is the closest to this time previously.

A sub 2min 2000 leaves the last 400 in a tick over 20 secs'

Would love to see the sectionals if it stacks up...............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Patiti said:

What is the closest to this time previously.

A sub 2min 2000 leaves the last 400 in a tick over 20 secs'

Would love to see the sectionals if it stacks up...............

2.22.1 in 2005 Cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Red Rum said:

2.22.1 in 2005 Cup.

The racing world is awash with superlatives for Japan’s Almond Eye following her record-breaking Japan Cup win on Sunday and Racenet has looked at the sectional splits. 

Tackling older horses for the first time, Almond Eye raced in second place until the home straight and completed the 2400m on a track officially rated as firm in a record-breaking 2:20.60, 1.5 seconds faster than the previous record set by Alkaased in the 2005 Japan Cup.

From the barrier Almond Eye completed her 200m sectionals in 12.9 seconds and then 10.8, 12.2, 12.3, 11.7, 11.8, 11.7, 11.4, 11.4, 11.0, 11.4 and 12.0

The first 1000m was run in 59.90, the last 800m in 45.80, the last 600m in 34.40 and the last 400m in 23.40.

Perhaps the race is best summed up by Ryan Moore who rode the Aidan O’Brien-trained Capri into 11th place.

“The ground was quick and the pace too fast. The winner finishing at 2:20.6 was too good.” Moore told the JRA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2018 at 7:20 PM, Red Rum said:

Only 5th run so pretty impressive LZ , they talking Dubai Sheema Classic so might see her go international in April.They seem keen on ARC from reports , be very different October in Paris , soft going , slow early pace or stop start kind of race with ton of traffic . Although Japanese very very unlucky not to win an Arc yet , they know what they need. They seem to run them in one or two lead up races in France when they go. Will be another great year of international racing in 2019.

 

Some serious horsepower heading to Dubai RR....

http://www.dubairacingclub.com/sites/default/files/2019_dwccarnival_acceptances_pr_-_version_5_ma.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now