RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Blue

Great R T R first day.

Sellers must be thrilled with the clearance on the first day of the sales but who is this company Psd, Res who bought the majority of the lots?

Are vendors setting their sights too high? I read in the Te Akau site that DE "believes" stakes will double in eighteen months. That's only a belief and, as Winston is one of the drivers of this idea I certainly wouldn't mortgage the farm to bet on that. It's surely not a good pretext on which to buy a youngster.

17 minutes ago, Blue said:

Sellers must be thrilled with the clearance on the first day of the sales but who is this company Psd, Res who bought the majority of the lots?

Are vendors setting their sights too high? I read in the Te Akau site that DE "believes" stakes will double in eighteen months. That's only a belief and, as Winston is one of the drivers of this idea I certainly wouldn't mortgage the farm to bet on that. It's surely not a good pretext on which to buy a youngster.

Maybe they will Blue and maybe they won't,  but if I was a secondhand  hummer salesman I'd say " no Sir petrol price rises , dont worry I've got a mate in oil , hes top dog in it , he told me price petrol going to collapse, be half price in 18 months , you can afford to run  this 6 litre beast , and it's cheap at moment as no one buying them "

Yet I read with interest in this morning’s edition of ANZ Bloodstock News, Garry Chittick pleading with WP to get a hurry on with the stakes increase .... because his business is being effected... can t invest in new stallions.

From what I can see, they had a couple of pretty good result at today’s RTR....been top or close to the top of the table at Karaka over the last 10years or so...

shame he didn’t rattle the cage a couple of years ago.

4 hours ago, Jape said:

Some very sobering figures on Weigh In. Internationally too.

Bottom fell out the breeding stock sale at Tatts Newmarket last week.Yearling sales October was massive prices though . RP reported one breeder said a third of bloodstock in Britain and Ireland worth nothing , overproduction  the problem according to him.Reports I have read said it is  good as it will correct the market and stop the production of low grade stock.

On 11/26/2018 at 6:32 PM, poundforpound said:

Why buy a yearling, just go do what Messara proposes with the industries club assets, help yourself, grab one, just steal it and it’s yours.

That’s the new working model in this game, if you want it and you like it, just take it.

George Simons doing it tough and is quite keen on stealing others assets to help his cause . Well that’s what he claimed on Weigh in . 

Recently had a conversation with two Aussie trainers. Both aren't buying NZ horses because they are too hard to place with owners in Australia. Then received an email from another saying he's not buying yearlings this year because Aussie owners don't want Kiwi horses....

Oh dear....

I see demand from  the racing centres of excellence,  Thailand and Indonesia have dropped . The difference in  average price for the 42 going to HK and 42 heading to Singapore roughly mirrors the gulf in class between those two jurisdictions.

Frankel has one son at stud in Pakistan and one in Cyprus so maybe the agents are looking at the offerings at Karachi and Nicosia foal sales instead.

Dated (gotta love that euphemism) a "Shirley" back in the 70's which prompted me to back Shirley Heights in the Derby at 40's with the Ealing Turf Accountant  before leaving on a Contiki Tour of Europe and learning of his victory while I was in Austria. I thought Rusty had started a comp to flesh out the star you once owned.

6 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

Dated (gotta love that euphemism) a "Shirley" back in the 70's which prompted me to back Shirley Heights in the Derby at 40's with the Ealing Turf Accountant  before leaving on a Contiki Tour of Europe and learning of his victory while I was in Austria. I thought Rusty had started a comp to flesh out the star you once owned.

Hope you brought Old " Shirl" a nice cuppa tea and double pie, mash out of some winnings . Shirley Heights by way , you may know already a nice area of West Indies , amazingly near a place called Mill Reef. Oh I didn't own Mill Reef that was Mr Mellon.

I didn't know that Red Rum re the WI connection. For sentimental reasons I always look for Shirley Heights in any of my equine matings and as for my "Shirl", she now lives in Victoria, Vancouver Island and has changed her name to Natalie, a beautiful name.

P.S--she wasn't one for a cuppa, more a flute of champagne and some action!

On 11/29/2018 at 5:47 PM, Red Rum said:

Frankel has one son at stud in Pakistan and one in Cyprus so maybe the agents are looking at the offerings at Karachi and Nicosia foal sales instead.

The one in Cyprus could've been something very special, had it not been for a career-ending injury. Might even have what it takes to throw some good ones, but I don't think Cypriot mares will help.

30 minutes ago, chiknsmack said:

The one in Cyprus could've been something very special, had it not been for a career-ending injury. Might even have what it takes to throw some good ones, but I don't think Cypriot mares will help.

He had the right trainer Chiknsmack, ironically Fabre also had a brother to Frankel in training called Proconsul who also went amiss early but is now at stud in UK. With Bullet Train and Morpheus also at stud theres the cheaper version of Frankel blood . I think Bullet Train has had a few winners.

Been couple times to Nicosia races at Ayios Dhometios whilst in Cyprus , it's a decent course, used to start mid afternoon when bit cooler . Some names used to  pop out of racebook breeding wise there . They have local bred restricted and open races. Guy Harwood and Sir Henry Cecil had a couple of Greek and Cypriot owners who had large strings and some colts and fillies made way to stud there . St Hilarion was one that that springs to mind who I think ended up here after retiring and same owner had Ile De Chypre . If you like stories of crime put in  google search  Ile De Chypre , Royal Ascot , ultrasonic stun gun , cocaine smuggling money laundering ring , Greville Starkey , it will pop up. Its a story from the track that takes some believing . 

48 minutes ago, chiknsmack said:

Athos Christadoulu that's the man I am thinking of  owned those horses , sent few onto Cyprus after UK.