RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

Another report from NZTR on the Racing Calendar

No wonder racing in NZ is stuffed if one of the first points you read is that domestic turnover is down 14 % in the last 10 years......If they cant work that out we have no show - no TABS....no phone betting.....introduction of PODS to replace terminals that a lot of regular punters hate because either they wont except your notes or someone in front of you has no idea how to use it (not their fault).......

OK...TAB investment is down.. and these turkeys at NZTR & NZRB still don’t address the root cause. 

As a side bar, Perhaps the drop off in Singapore prize money might help keep horses here.....interesting to see what happens at the R2R this week.

Well, I have read it thoroughly. I can't say it contributes anything useful. It sounds like a project someone in year 12 at a moderate high school, with no racing knowledge, might be given as a school project. As such I would give it a B-, in that it isn't total rubbish as a theoretical piece to show you were listening in class, but at that same time it adds absolutely nothing useful to the conversation.

Perhaps the one thing that amazes me in this case, and in many others involving Racing's structure, is that there never seems to be any input from, or consultation with, trainers, who are the ones supplying the product and must surely have an idea why they don't support some meetings and races. And it certainly isn't always related to stakes. For instance, after Cup Week there is now no race meeting in the wider Canterbury area again until 7 Dec, and that is one of those basic "pull it out of the draw" CJC meetings. So all of those maidens and 65s eliminated over Cup Week have to wait another three weeks for a possible start. Trainers may be quite happy with this for all I know, they may like a three week break after a busy Cup Week, but I imagine some owners might be pissed off.

I hope this report didn't cost the industry too much. There are probably half a doz people here on this forum who could have sat down for an afternoon over a few beers and produced something better.

I did smile at the idea of promoting excellence in jumps racing, so focus on Trentham in July. And the regional carnivals on Fridays and Sundays; would they be at all the country tracks that are about to be wiped out?

12 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

Well, I have read it thoroughly. I can't say it contributes anything useful. It sounds like a project someone in year 12 at a moderate high school, with no racing knowledge, might be given as a school project. As such I would give it a B-, in that it isn't total rubbish as a theoretical piece to show you were listening in class, but at that same time it adds absolutely nothing useful to the conversation.

Perhaps the one thing that amazes me in this case, and in many others involving Racing's structure, is that there never seems to be any input from, or consultation with, trainers, who are the ones supplying the product and must surely have an idea why they don't support some meetings and races. And it certainly isn't always related to stakes. For instance, after Cup Week there is now no race meeting in the wider Canterbury area again until 7 Dec, and that is one of those basic "pull it out of the draw" CJC meetings. So all of those maidens and 65s eliminated over Cup Week have to wait another three weeks for a possible start. Trainers may be quite happy with this for all I know, they may like a three week break after a busy Cup Week, but I imagine some owners might be pissed off.

I hope this report didn't cost the industry too much. There are probably half a doz people here on this forum who could have sat down for an afternoon over a few beers and produced something better.

I did smile at the idea of promoting excellence in jumps racing, so focus on Trentham in July. And the regional carnivals on Fridays and Sundays; would they be at all the country tracks that are about to be wiped out?

Its more of the centralisation vibe, for goodness sake the place to begin revitalising racing is in the rural areas and racecourses its not just race goer interest that needs to be generated but some interest in working in the industry that is generated in those rural areas. It would be interesting to see how many of the staff at some of these bigger stables came from a rural background or rural courses that got them started in the game and yet they think getting rid of them is the answer, short term view for a long term disaster imo.