RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Dockers

Marcoola

Watched replay again and I was blown away with the acceleration three wide down the back to kick 3 clear turning for home. Dont see that to often from a trotter.

On a side note good to see the stipes did a decent thing and deemed Scarlett Banner a non runner after the starter missed the check somehow. Only read about this now and my ticket has long god to god like most people that watched race. TAB claim coming up. 

Brilliant win by Marcoola set up by the dawdling pace by Gavin Smith, 1 quick 250 sprint and it was game over. Well done to Clint for showing some initiative on a day when it was missing on many occasions IMHO.

As for the Starter im pretty sure enough has been said about him since Ashburton.

11 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

Hey aint Marcoola related to the mighty Freak on his dam side? sooooo I would certainly expect to be seein summit special right about now, he's in my bad books he beat up on me mighty Spur.....

Cheers Iraklis

i wondered how long it would take you to bring SS up, if it makes you feel and better i got taken to the cleaners on Harriet but its the last time that will happen.

2 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

Brilliant win by Marcoola set up by the dawdling pace by Gavin Smith, 1 quick 250 sprint and it was game over. Well done to Clint for showing some initiative on a day when it was missing on many occasions IMHO.

As for the Starter im pretty sure enough has been said about him since Ashburton.

Great run by Marcoola and excellent drive Clint Ford. Great Things Happen was disappointing, good horse but two miles too far?

I disagree with it being a great drive by Clint Ford.  I thought it was a dreadful drive.  He unnecessarily gave it one hell of a hard race, and almost any other horse would have thrown in the towel at the 250 metre peg.  Marcoola didn't.  He ran away and hid.  This Marcoola is a freak.

C'mon TN....Marcoola has always had that ability but has had a lot of problems. The Fords have done a magnificent job to keep him sound and get him back to his brilliant best....that win was stunning and it took some balls to take off like that from so far out...I haven't seen sustained speed like that since La Coocaracha won the Oaks at Alexandra Park years ago.

Performance of the week for mine.....:rcfe-like:

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Certainly can't do more than win and took the race by the throat at the right time but with a 2.08 first mile it was hardly a staying test was it?

Irrelevant Blue. You can't second guess how the race would be run, but take your opportunity when it comes.

He certainly did that.....:rcfe-like:

One of the best drives I have seen in a race, trotting or pacing. Brilliant tactics employed, in a very unusual race tempo wise, and over the extreme distance. 

Clint Ford knew what he had, and knew what he was doing. Always a bonus when the "trainer" (unofficial) is also the driver. They usually know their horses, and what they can and can't do. Helped he got the back of a half decent horse in K Blur but then he was hindered by it heading into the back straight from the last time. 

Race was like the Bonecrusher Our Waverley Star Cox Plate, but only one horse took off! 

Congratulations to the connections. Very well deserved. 

On 11/17/2018 at 7:16 PM, Ohokaman said:

Irrelevant Blue. You can't second guess how the race would be run, but take your opportunity when it comes.

He certainly did that.....:rcfe-like:

Was a positive comment O' man, not a negative one. So often we hear ( mostly from jockeys admittedly) ' the race wasn't run to suit' yet they wont take the bull by the horns and make a race of things. Clint just did that very thing, knew the ability of the horse and used it well.