RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ponderosa8

Nasty Fall Ruakaka Race 4 - Shafiq Rusof and Danielle Johnson.

Danielle Johnson has broken her collarbone in 3 places and Shafiq is still being assessed as to the exact nature of injuries but in considerable pain. Jason Tan posted this info on Facebook Grant Cooksley could be in a spot of bother but haven't seen the head on so just surmising. (last sentence mine)

I have only seen what occurred after the fall and after Rusof was taken by ambulance to hospital. Johnson left at the track to suffer in silence with a triple fractured collarbone. Surely someone at the track should have ensured that both jockeys were taken to hospital immediately. Johnson was obviously in a great deal of pain from what I saw on TV.

On 11/16/2018 at 9:00 PM, kdt said:

Danielle Johnson has broken her collarbone in 3 places and Shafiq is still being assessed as to the exact nature of injuries but in considerable pain. Jason Tan posted this info on Facebook Grant Cooksley could be in a spot of bother but haven't seen the head on so just surmising. (last sentence mine)

Cooksley in spot of bother would have to be the understatement of the year. From well respected turf watchers  the range of comment I've heard is deliberate to grossly negligent.

The fact that Cooksley has had a distinquished career and is respected should not mean the whole thing is whitewashed.

11 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Cooksley in spot of bother would have to be the understatement of the year. From well respected turf watchers  the range of comment I've heard is deliberate to grossly negligent.

The fact that Cooksley has had a distinquished career and is respected should not mean the whole thing is whitewashed.

No sure anything has happened to Cooksley as he is not shown as Suspended in the NZR website.

10 hours ago, Ponderosa8 said:

No sure anything has happened to Cooksley as he is not shown as Suspended in the NZR website.

Given that statements/evidence would have to be sought from two injured jockeys I think there is likely to be some sort of outcome to this tomorrow/Sunday. Possibly a hearing at Counties on Saturday prior to race 1 ?

On 11/23/2018 at 10:00 AM, Ponderosa8 said:

There was a hearing at Ellerslie last Sunday 16th Dec. Cooksley has been given a 16 national days suspension. Can ride again on Wednesday 9th January.