RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ardeea

Dexter Dunn.

On 11/16/2018 at 1:12 PM, Toblerone said:

Has an upcoming commitment in NZ.

He may have more than one coming up. news from a few days back suggests more drug charges on the way as well as a very close look at a pre Derby race.

Anybody else hearing things

No driving commitments yet I see.  Will be interesting to see how he goes when he does start driving again.. last time he came back from the USA it took him a month or so to settle back into the NZ style of racing. 

4 hours ago, lamour said:

No driving commitments yet I see.  Will be interesting to see how he goes when he does start driving again.. last time he came back from the USA it took him a month or so to settle back into the NZ style of racing. 

He is driving tomorrow at The Meadowlands in at least four races, unless there are two Dexter Dunns floating around in harness racing.

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

I’ve read the Police evidence, well  200 pages of what’s been released so far. 

Op Inca is a farce.

The cops just don’t know racing vernacular, and they’ll get crucified by expert witnesses in front of a jury.

As for the recreational drugs, FFS the Labour government has just instructed the Police to turn a blind eye to recreational users, how the fuck will these charges ever go before the courts ? 

This is the biggest mountain being made from the smallest molehill and if it transpires that the RIU drove this witch-hunt in any way they should be instantly dismissed and sued for bringing racing into disrepute.

Where did you access these 200 pages?

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

I’ve read the Police evidence, well  200 pages of what’s been released so far. 

Op Inca is a farce.

The cops just don’t know racing vernacular, and they’ll get crucified by expert witnesses in front of a jury.

As for the recreational drugs, FFS the Labour government has just instructed the Police to turn a blind eye to recreational users, how the fuck will these charges ever go before the courts ? 

This is the biggest mountain being made from the smallest molehill and if it transpires that the RIU drove this witch-hunt in any way they should be instantly dismissed and sued for bringing racing into disrepute.

Are you say the jury will know racing vernacular?   

If it was such a farce then why would the legal experts have advised the  police to lay the charges they have? 

The government advising the police to turn a blind eye I thought related to the use of cannabis for medical purposes.Thats a bit different 

You do put a good spin on it, I suppose I would rather have you on my side than against.

Like I say pound for pound ,you put a spin on it that reflects better on those accused than if the spin was coming from the other side. Your obviously trying to help certain parties and good luck to you in respect of that. I think your reference to ex cops and to the riu really does nothing for your argument, as I think we must judge this not on personalities but on the facts.

Ahh, the "facts". Something that has been sadly lacking in this case from day one!

Pound4pound's explanation about the police's lack of understanding of "racing vernacular" is spot on. Any trainer or driver worth their salt is always trying to gather "competitive intelligence". Who's looking for the front? Who's going back at the start? Who's confident? Who's not? Who's travelled well? Who hasn't? Who's worked well during the week? Who hasn't? None of which in any way constitutes race fixing.

There's a world of difference between gathering information that may give you a slight competitive advantage, and "fixing" a race. In fact, I'd be seriously concerned if my driver wasn't continuously gathering information about his opposition in search of a competitive advantage!

It appeared from the very start that the police had added 2 and 2 together, and came up with 27! The longer this matter drags on, the more apparent this is becoming!

5 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Seriously ?

Firstly the Police have had their say through the media, a rather triumphant display it was too.....the media have had their say.....it’s the defendants who don’t have a voice and I’m just giving this toxic drivel you write ( you’re clearly ignorant of the facts ) some balance and perspective.

Toxic drivel, i like your colourful language. I may not agree with what you have to say,but your  always entertaining. Keep it up.