RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
winx21

Is nztr trying to ruin cd racing?

No industry days for 5 weeks in one of the busiest times of the year.Where do your mdn's race? go for a quick spell?

2 trial meetings scheduled on unirrigated tracks at the driest time of the year! (waverly and Woodville)

no show of any 2yo fields having many runners from cd they will be jarred up for months!

Is this incompetence or a hidden agenda ?

18/11   Waverley  3 maiden races

23/11  New Plymouth (Industry)  5

24/11  Awapuni  1

6/12  New Plymouth  (Industry)  6

9/12  Waipukurau  (Industry) 4

12/12  Hastings (Industry) 5

20/12  Otaki (Industry)  5

9 hours ago, winx21 said:

No industry days for 5 weeks in one of the busiest times of the year.Where do your mdn's race? go for a quick spell?

2 trial meetings scheduled on unirrigated tracks at the driest time of the year! (waverly and Woodville)

no show of any 2yo fields having many runners from cd they will be jarred up for months!

Is this incompetence or a hidden agenda ?

Your wasting your breath or your typing fingers in this case , but programming is my beef , the CD programmers are phucking useless , finally got a 2000 mdn at Waverly on Sunday , i know trainers been waiting a month to get a run . Last week at Otaki  they had a 1200 mdn and 3yo 1400 mdn programmed then added a 1300 mdn , DOH . The CD very rarely gets more than 8 races programmed even on days like today , this regime started when we started the Monday / Tuesday racing but continued once that plan was scrapped , sure others feel they get the same treatment . Saturdays are your biggest day of the week yet we often get 2 meetings with 8 race cards , captive audience especially at carnival time in Aussie so maximize your return .

8 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

24/11  Awapuni  1

20/12  Otaki (Industry)  5

My horse had no race for him at Waverley on Sunday and and unlikely to get a run at Awapuni , so for a fit horse to get 2 runs in next 5/6 weeks we are forced to travel best part of 3 hours both starts , that's if we get in the fields , not complaining because he is a battler . New Plymouth , Waipuk and Hasting all get good numbers from the north which makes it even harder . Already told trainer that if we can't get a run over next few weeks he will be retired , not prepared to throw money away anymore . Sure he not the first horse to finish for this reason , know of plenty of owners locally that have got tired of waiting to get a run with limited horses .

3 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Not a good situation, one of the many issues the people in charge seem to overlook and do nothing about.

I sometimes wonder if anyone is actually in charge. There doesn't really seem to be an actual person you can blame directly for the various examples of incompetence. I note Riccarton had well over  42 noms for the rating 65 1,400m on Saturday, same as last year, but no one thought to run a 65 on the Wednesday other than one over 2,500m. You sometimes wonder whether they have a debrief after the Cup carnival and say to themselves "why are we getting 7 and 8 starters in the rating 72 and 82 races and eliminating rating 65s all over the place?". I suppose these days the debriefs are more along the lines of how pissed the youngsters got and how can we sell more booze to them?

24/11  Awapuni  1

ARE YOU SEROIUS? have you raced a horse before?

From otaki to waipukarau is almost 5 weeks

waverly got 3 plus awapuni 1 so 4 mdns over a 5 week period is enough to cater for cd racing population you think?

How on earth can you count new Plymouth ?!  where im from its a 4 hour float ride or a overnight stay to race there

have you ever noticed at a new Plymouth meeting where the horses that are racing come from?

outside of Waikato and taranaki there would probably be 5%out of those 2 regions so please don't tell and try me new plymouth counts unless

you are one of the geniuses from nztr in wellington who probably don't know that waverly and woodville are unirrigated tracks .

they haven't figured out after all this time how to stop getting 50 noms for r 65 and 5 noms in r 85 do u think they ever will?

for a start horses that have won 5 plus races shouldn't be running in r 65

there was a r65 recently where there was horses that have won 9 races 8 races and 6 races respectively

40 noms in that and 8 in the r 75.if those multiple winners were running in the grades they should be you wouldn't have the congestion we see in r 65

bring back class 1 2 ,3 etc or bring back int grade so only 1 and 2 win horses can start in that.

is that to simple and commonsense for nztr or they prefer to see 8 horse fields in r 72 and r 85 and full field plus ballots in r 65 and another 10 home in there stable that didn't even make the ballot

There is so much wrong with programming and handicapping system in this country they need to start from scratch

40 minutes ago, winx21 said:

24/11  Awapuni  1

ARE YOU SEROIUS? have you raced a horse before?

From otaki to waipukarau is almost 5 weeks

waverly got 3 plus awapuni 1 so 4 mdns over a 5 week period is enough to cater for cd racing population you think?

How on earth can you count new Plymouth ?!  where im from its a 4 hour float ride or a overnight stay to race there

have you ever noticed at a new Plymouth meeting where the horses that are racing come from?

outside of Waikato and taranaki there would probably be 5%out of those 2 regions so please don't tell and try me new plymouth counts unless

you are one of the geniuses from nztr in wellington who probably don't know that waverly and woodville are unirrigated tracks .

I pointed out a list of where there were maiden races scheduled in response to your opening thread and made no comment.

Whether you don't want to race at Woodville or Waverley is over to you, the same applies if you don't want to make a float trip but the options are there if you choose.

I note 36 went to New Plymouth in September a couple from as far away as Opaki and Tauherenikau.

A  2yo I have shares in travelled down to Trentham from the Waikato last month and I have another one that travelled to Ruakaka today to race up there tomorrow. 

However I suppose that if you don't want to travel more than 5 minutes down the road your options are indeed limited.  

couple of points.. I said the only trials before Christmas in the cd are at Woodville and Waverley both unirrigated.no mention of not wanting to race there...

my point was young horses that are getting educated and taught to be racehorses don't want to be jarred up for a month at that stage of there careers.

they wont want to put in.

can you imagine chris waller and peter snowden if only trials for Sydney were out in bush on a hard track?

would love for you to tell me what the 36 horses were  at the meeting I think you misunderstood again what horses from what area im talking about.

why don't you do some stats on the last 5 industry days at new Plymouth and tell me how many horses from Wanganui south raced there?

If you own racehorses why don't you get your trainer to send them down awapuni otaki for mid weekers instead of racing up north?

I don't think you have any idea how the industry works ,having your horses have to stand in a float for almost 8 hours and having to pay staff for that amount of time for a mid weeker

when we have so many tracks in the cd.owners and trainers get enough of a poor return as it is

The easy answer is nztr need to realise new Plymouth should not be counted as a cd industry day and put races on at hastings,waipuk,woodville,awapuni Wanganui .otaki,tauherenikau etc

mate there is a bit of a difference between racing 5 mins down the road and 4 hours away....

ask your trainer what the ideal spaicng is between races.most would say 2 to 3 weeks.we got a 5 week gap for mid weekers

Have a look at how many Waikato horses travel up to Ruakaka (8hrs return) on industry days for example. 

As I said If you don't want to travel, so be it. No skin off my nose.  Perhaps you should do what many of your other CD trainers have done. 

Head North. 

Most of them have been highly successful after doing so too. :)

43 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

Have a look at how many Waikato horses travel up to Ruakaka (8hrs return) on industry days for example. 

As I said If you don't want to travel, so be it. No skin off my nose.  Perhaps you should do what many of your other CD trainers have done. 

Head North. 

Most of them have been highly successful after doing so too. :)

There’s a couple that haven’t made the mark yet . Moving norths not the answer unless you have a sugar daddy or a plenty of backing .

2 hours ago, winx21 said:

couple of points.. I said the only trials before Christmas in the cd are at Woodville and Waverley both unirrigated.no mention of not wanting to race there...

my point was young horses that are getting educated and taught to be racehorses don't want to be jarred up for a month at that stage of there careers.

can you imagine chris waller and peter snowden if only trials for Sydney were out in bush on a hard track?

would love for you to tell me what the 36 horses were  at the meeting I think you misunderstood again what horses from what area im talking about.

why don't you do some stats on the last 5 industry days at new Plymouth and tell me how many horses from Wanganui south raced there?

If you own racehorses why don't you get your trainer to send them down awapuni otaki for mid weekers instead of racing up north?

I don't think you have any idea how the industry works ,having your horses have to stand in a float for almost 8 hours and having to pay staff for that amount of time for a mid weeker

when we have so many tracks in the cd.owners and trainers get enough of a poor return as it is

The easy answer is nztr need to realise new Plymouth should not be counted as a cd industry day and put races on at hastings,waipuk,woodville,awapuni Wanganui .otaki,tauherenikau etc

mate there is a bit of a difference between racing 5 mins down the road and 4 hours away....

ask your trainer what the ideal spaicng is between races.most would say 2 to 3 weeks.we got a 5 week gap for mid weekers

Agree with you you can’t call New Plymouth a true CD track it’s actually closer to the Waikato than any CD towns on the east side of the ranges .

The interesting aspect around the congestion in the R65 grade is that I thought the extra races put on industry days were supposed to cater for the demand for horses in particular grades such as the R65 and assist in clearing out the congestion in that area, but like most things in racing and one of the reason we continue to head further in decline those extra races are usually put on to cater for a micro population and not the macro population of horses.

Surely by now even NZTR can sort out a system that assists them in forecasting the future demand for horses in particular grades a few weeks out from the races.

26 minutes ago, Pam Robson said:

Even a dinosur like me can comprehend the benefit of a database with all horses and their ratings in any given region.

How hard can it be to have a flexible system catering for the needs rather than just rolling along with last years programme?

I think mostly the extra race are set by self interest, each industry day should really be about waiting to see what noms are like so they can split a race or two ,otherwise why not have something in the trainers centre (online) where they ask which race meetings you're intending to attend and what races you looking for you, know get a bit innovative that is of course if they are unable to work that out via recent noms,trials,jumpouts etc. 

very hard by the sounds of it...

they cant even rank 1 to 20  horses in open trials so a horse with a rating 58 doesn't have to trial against a g1 horse with a rating of 98.

according to the bureau its to difficult and don't have enough time.

I guess they must be operating windows 98 down there if there computer program cant put horses in heats relevant to there rating

or if someone down there could have ten mins to put them order.

good idea huey but wishful thinking with who we got at nztr…..

10 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

To be honest they did only get seven raves at Waverley and somehow found $50,000 for the Cup which got only seven starters, so there wasn't great evidence of heaps of horses desperate for a start.

Possibly because of the Good2 track , lack of riders available and the void of many horses in the middle distance ranks.

On 11/16/2018 at 4:04 PM, winx21 said:

Thought they are having trials at Awapuni on the 27th around the new corner hopefully 

Have a look at New Plymouth on Friday , what on earth is the point in splitting races and having 20 horse fields when anyone who draws wide is going to scratch their horse? Wouldn't they be better just putting on another race to get some of these horses a run?