RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

The Shark Bites

Great win , he looks very good , but as has been proved many times  winning in NZ and winning a group race in Australia very different levels, our best here couldn't get near them this spring but Autumn carnivals level lower in competitiveness  to be fair,likely  won't have the internationals to deal with .Any of those he beat today  would be 100 -1 plus  shots over there in any half decent group races. Only lightly raced though so who knows .

Am I looking at the same field he's beat , wouldnt he need to win one in Australia first get get the kilos to scrape into a big one like Doncaster .It's not Hasselhoff mania again, he's good , he's won a Group handicap mile in South Island getting weight off journeymen horses , I'd love to own a hair  on him but it's miles behind Group 1 Aussie form, group 2 as well.

When was last Group race won in Aust by NZ trained  horse other than age group races ? Iam struggling to recall.

1 minute ago, Red Rum said:

Am I looking at the same field he's beat , wouldnt he need to win one in Australia first get get the kilos to scrape into a big one like Doncaster .It's not Hasselhoff mania again, he's good , he's won a Group handicap mile in South Island getting weight off journeymen horses , I'd love to own a hair  on him but it's miles behind Group 1 Aussie form, group 2 as well.

When was last Group race won in Aust by NZ trained  horse other than age group races ? Iam struggling to recall.

Just a guess, would it be Mongolian Khan in  Caufield Cup ?   Gingernuts may have well done it last year but never got the chance. 

34 minutes ago, Mr Spyro said:

Just a guess, would it be Mongolian Khan in  Caufield Cup ?   Gingernuts may have well done it last year but never got the chance. 

That was three years ago !!  really thats amazing Mr Spyro , all those group races open to older horses Brisbane to Perth , Darwin to Adelaide a NZ trained horse must have won a Group 3 at worst . He's a shark in with goldfish today , hopefully when he meets the killer whales over there he breaks the drought. 

Turn Me Loose won a Country Cup somewhere ,I think ?. Not sure year so Donny a wee way off.

56 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Tend to agree to an extent RR though he's better than the Hoff imho. Has won more than just Ruakaka and you can't do more than beat your opposition.

10 minutes ago, Blue said:

Tend to agree to an extent RR though he's better than the Hoff imho. Has won more than just Ruakaka and you can't do more than beat your opposition.

100 per cent with you Blue , he is better than The Hasselhoof who like his namesake  a decent actor who at one time people  would pop in to see him sing between spins of wheel in Vegas that's all when in the  international mix  .He was awesome today and clearly a  blind man can see after 8 runs he will improve but recent  history tells us hype wins nothing in Australia .Maybe they look at Kranji Mile with stable up there , decent stake and just hope the Hong Kong horses don't bother.

27 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

That was three years ago !!  really thats amazing Mr Spyro , all those group races open to older horses Brisbane to Perth , Darwin to Adelaide a NZ trained horse must have won a Group 3 at worst . He's a shark in with goldfish today , hopefully when he meets the killer whales over there he breaks the drought. 

Turn Me Loose won a Country Cup somewhere ,I think ?. Not sure year so Donny a wee way off.

Turn Me Loose won the Listed Seymour Cup in October 2015 and then the following start won the G2 Crystal Mile at Moonee Valley later that month. He then won the G1 Emirates Mile at Flemington in the November.at his next start and came back in February to win the G1 Futurity Stakes at Caulfield. In February 2017 he finished second in the C F Orr Stakes at Caulfield. 

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

Try Bonneval for starters.

After destroying them in the AJC Oaks (yes I know it is age grouped) in March 2017 she returned and won the G2 Feehan Stakes and then the G1 Underwood Stakes in the spring.  

30 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

Try Bonneval for starters.

After destroying them in the AJC Oaks (yes I know it is age grouped) in March 2017 she returned and won the G2 Feehan Stakes and then the G1 Underwood Stakes in the spring.  

I must have had bang on head , how did I forget TML won all those and Bonneval ,given myself an big uppercut for that, so spring  2017 Underwood last older horse win in Group race in OZ. 

2 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Chocate not to shabby in last years Brisbane Cup (grp2)

Not wanting to undermine todays performance in any way, but the time is a reflection of the competition involved.

I was in Melbourne last week and I think Shillelaghs run on Derby day was 2 seconds faster than today. How may lengths that translates to over a mile is significant.

But he should go there for sure to test himself, if he can run 1.33 and change, he will be a real chance in the Donny. He may just be able to do that, but that’s lengths faster than he ran today.

The joint top weight comes second paying 10s the place and has not finished in top half of field in first three runs in this prep, doubt any of those behind him be a good thing in the Nuggets let alone a decent Aussie race , form is very weak but dominant win .

13 hours ago, John Clydesdale said:

Not wanting to undermine todays performance in any way, but the time is a reflection of the competition involved

For mine, that's what made it more impressive - to come from 6 lengths off them in a 'sit and sprint' and put them away by 6 - his sectionals must have been amazing? 

You had to be at Riccarton yesterday to appreciate just how strong - and cool - that easterly was. That was a decent head-wind all the way down the straight. Unfortunately I missed the time for the last section. Anyone?

25 minutes ago, Jape said:

You had to be at Riccarton yesterday to appreciate just how strong - and cool - that easterly was. That was a decent head-wind all the way down the straight. 

Didn't stop Prince Oz running 1-08. The Shark looked pretty good, time poor nevertheless and be honest,for that sort of money the field was shyte!

P.S. Wouldn't a head wind be a westerly or did that earthquake rotate the compass?