RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GOM

Dark poodle got me thinking

When you think about it most of the anti activity to greyhound racing world wide mainly comes from historic mostly almost ancient historic events. New Zealand does not have the same amount of history in the sport with betting on Dogs being a relatively relatively recent event. NZ was also quick to react to the call for regulations and transparency and as a result was well ahead of the field .

32 minutes ago, GOM said:

When you think about it most of the anti activity to greyhound racing world wide mainly comes from historic mostly almost ancient historic events. New Zealand does not have the same amount of history in the sport with betting on Dogs being a relatively relatively recent event. NZ was also quick to react to the call for regulations and transparency and as a result was well ahead of the field .

From looking at Greyhound racing in NZ from the outside, I think enough has not been done to sort out the persistent issues people associate with racing in general.

The fact breeding has not slowed down will only lead to the death of the industry.

It appears to me that the grnz have a reactive instead of a proactive approach to issues.

Florida's welfare standards were well above both Australias and New Zealand welfare standards and they are now gone.

It took a nearly entire state ban for people in the Australian industry to realise we need to improve and some still believe that it was the antis fault and not our own. 

1 hour ago, Rules For Some said:

From looking at Greyhound racing in NZ from the outside, I think enough has not been done to sort out the persistent issues people associate with racing in general.

The fact breeding has not slowed down will only lead to the death of the industry.

It appears to me that the grnz have a reactive instead of a proactive approach to issues.

Florida's welfare standards were well above both Australias and New Zealand welfare standards and they are now gone.

It took a nearly entire state ban for people in the Australian industry to realise we need to improve and some still believe that it was the antis fault and not our own. 

RFS, I hope you mean too much breeding greyhounds the reproduction rate of the participants seems about right